Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2012, 11:00   #211
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio Vs Hyundai i10

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Yup that is a limitation and it is a bit painful but it has nothing to do with leakage. I'm not sure where you got this leakage info from.
Here is the link from which i got the info :

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Hello,

Woke up this morning with a call from Honda, it seems there is a water leakage issue with the brake light on the rear located on the roof top, so they came home opened it up and inserted a thick black rubber tape, and after he put the light back on I checked it out and as far as I can tell I do not think this is going to solve their problems as the gap is still huge,

Will know in monsoons,

Anyone else here had to do this update or was it only the early production cars?

Regards,
Old 18th June 2012, 20:54   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Here is the link from which i got the info :
From the post quoted by S350L-E240, it is difficult to ascertain whether the leakage is in the high mounted stop lamp or inside the car.

I am guessing the water is seeping into the lamp (inside the red cover) and not the actual car itself!
Old 21st June 2012, 15:52   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I'm hearing water leakage issues in brio and one of bhpian seems to confirm it as well..anyone else faced this issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Water leakage in which part? If its the water getting into high mounted stop lamp i think i read somewhere here that Honda has come up with a solution already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Please can you shed more light on this?

I would like to know more about this and be prepared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Driven my brio in blinding rain on the highway - it from the initial batches. No leakage whatsoever!
Have just taken delivery of the sparkling / spanking / bright blue Brio. Drove it in the rains a couple of days back...did not notice any leakage yet. Done 300 kms on it till now in 6 days. No Leakage yet.

cheers,
ac
Old 21st June 2012, 16:39   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
Have just taken delivery of the sparkling / spanking / bright blue Brio. Drove it in the rains a couple of days back...did not notice any leakage yet. Done 300 kms on it till now in 6 days. No Leakage yet.

cheers,
ac
congratulations!
How are you finding your new car?
Safe drive!
Old 21st June 2012, 22:16   #215
BHPian

Congrats! Wise choice, I would have picked up the Brio as well. Do start an ownership thread.
Old 9th September 2012, 11:34   #216
BHPian

Congratulations and happy motoring. I own an i10 for 3 years (26k) and simply vote for it as the best city car. However, through this forum, i notice Brio seems to be a new fav too. Look forward to reading long term ownership reports.
Old 29th October 2012, 16:19   #217
BHPian

Hello,

I am new here(1st post) and own a Brio (Red) for almost 5 months(June 2012) sporting 4k on ODO. My brother owns i10 Magna (2010) with around 18k on ODO. Few of my obervations :

1. Gear shifts in i10 better than my Brio, i find it difficult to slot in 2nd from 1st(yet to get my 2nd service done). Not sure if it is to improve after 2nd Service

2. I am kind of a neutral driver with the pedal seldom being pushed but trust me when i do it, i do it hard. Brio anticipates really well. It's amazingly quick. i10 is good but not as quick as Brio. It takes time but does repond well.

3. i10 is a nice car but the engine refinement, steering, braking and revv happiness of Brio makes it my favourite. My Michelin XM1+ makes it amazingly better.

4. i10 has a better suspension setup and thus handles potholes little better than Brio which has to be papmered over pothholes. But, mind you, i10 is no good in business either.

5. My Brio manages 13.5 - 14 kmpl whereas i10 reports around 12-13 (both in Bangalore). One highway drive upto coorg gave an FE of 18.5 (after 1 st service).

6. Both cars have body roll but i10 has it more. I commute from ORR to Bellandur almost thrice a week and we brothers keep changing cars. I10 wants to be treated with more respect on corners.

7. I still feel Honda has terribly lost on features front, and is the only sore point for potentials owners to move away. Pricing is somehow not as bad as the feature list.

8. Boot space could have been better (atleast by 15cms), i can barely think of long drives with 4 on board and full size luggages, i may not, but few people do mind that.
9. i10 interiors looks more plush while Brio's Q is better.

Overall i feel, as a daily commuter, its not much of a difference as both the cars are quite matched up in terms of reliability, FE, power and efficiency. After all they are no highway runners. As someone rightly said, channelize your priorities and also find out which you feel looks better. It should be much easier then.

Note : On Water leackage, a complete "No", i have been with the car under light to heavy to very heavy rains. No leackages whatsover till date.

Have a Safe Driving !!!

Aloha
shiv
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 14:12   #218
BHPian

I test drove the brio and i10(irde2) back to back. I felt even the irde2 is better refined, in fact the cabin was so silent that i have to crank the engine again. The gear shift was butter smooth in the irde2 compared the Brio. I felt the driving behavior was same as stated by shiv, but the body roll was not a big worry as i didnt find it as bad as a wagonR in i10. I somewhat suggested my friend if he is not too worried about the brand then he can save some 50K and go for the irde2 which is more roomier than the brio and i feel the interiors are also not a concern in case of i10. IRDE2 I have got to hear that is more fuel efficient compared to Kappa series. We have a Kappa series at home(my wify bought it before our marriage) and I see that It drinks lot of petrol
Old 12th November 2012, 15:23   #219
BANNED

I have a Brio AT and have owned the Hyundai precursor to the i10 AT the Santro AT till yesterday. No contest, Honda is miles ahead in every respect. Also, maintenance is cheaper (none of these sill sprays, injector cleaning, decokes, flushes)since the basic rates are about the same.
Old 12th November 2012, 17:53   #220
Senior - BHPian

Anyday I would prefer a straight H over italic H.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 19:36   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I have a Brio AT and have owned the Hyundai precursor to the i10 AT the Santro AT till yesterday. No contest, Honda is miles ahead in every respect. Also, maintenance is cheaper (none of these sill sprays, injector cleaning, decokes, flushes)since the basic rates are about the same.
Sir could you please tell me what is the mileage that you have been getting with your Brio AT?
Under what conditions are using your vehicle? City or highway runs?
I am also looking at the Brio to replace my Swift so a heads-up on the real world mileage will be greatly appreciated.
Old 12th November 2012, 22:04   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
Sir could you please tell me what is the mileage that you have been getting with your Brio AT?
Under what conditions are using your vehicle? City or highway runs?
I am also looking at the Brio to replace my Swift so a heads-up on the real world mileage will be greatly appreciated.
I would not suggest the Brio for highway use since the suspension is not the best. It's best suited for city drives or short highway spurts.

I feel the rear of the Brio bounces like crazy on highways!
Old 15th November 2012, 16:14   #223
BHPian

Ankit,
Brio is not bad on highways at all. Braking, handling and reliablity is all top notch as it's a HONDA. You can enjoy this japaneese pony in all the ways you want on every roads.
I would agree with you on only 2 points w.r.t Highway manners of Brio.
1. Limited boot space
2. Low GC considering our country roads

AFA suspension is concerned, its a problem with all Hondas we have around but there is a work around. Slow Down

Drive Safe !!

Aloha
Shiv
Old 16th November 2012, 10:17   #224
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
Too early to say:
First tankful 9.2kpl
Second Tankful - looks like 11 kpl.

The engine will take a minimum of 3000-5000 km to be run in.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 15:18   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Ankit,
Brio is not bad on highways at all. Braking, handling and reliablity is all top notch as it's a HONDA.

AFA suspension is concerned, its a problem with all Hondas we have around but there is a work around. Slow Down

Drive Safe !!

Aloha
Shiv
I agree that the braking , handling and reliability are top notch, just as expected out of a Honda. However, having driven other small cars on highways and otherwise, I tell you how much this car bounces is not funny!

I might get my suspension checked during my 10k service to see if it's particularly a problem with my car :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks