Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2013, 10:03   #241
BHPian

expecting my i10 , delivery expect on 14 th feb gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
@pabheda
I would choose a Brio over i10, the reason is that it has a better spec engine and also Honda still will be cheaper to maintain in the long run, it may not be as feature rich as i10 but the drive overall will be better, just one question though, how many occupants will be there mostly, if only one then the interior space must not be much of an issue as well
P.S: i still prefer the looks of i10 over Brio but hey, we spend more time inside the car than outside looking at it
And living in Mumbai means you also have good CNG options, both cars can adapt to CNG kits well, but if you choose a Brio AT, then the hassle of gear shifts are also minimal
Honda's are better with AT boxes than Hyundai, cant deny that fact but experts can correct me here
i went in for i10 sportz version compare to brio smt, as this is my second car just for my wife and son , i gave more importance to interior, and being santro user for 8 years i hardly had any issues during that period with hyundai car.
i still love brio but being practical i felt i10 is the car for city use with kids being in the car most of the time

Last edited by Vid6639 : 11th February 2013 at 13:13. Reason: merging back to back posts. Please use the edit option when quoting within 30mins.
Old 11th February 2013, 10:30   #242
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio Vs Hyundai i10

Yesterday I drove my friends Brio from Pondy to Chennai. I have driven other friend's i10 several times in the past. I currently drive Jazz and have owned a Santro and Getz in the past. I have no hesitation in saying that Brio is much better car to drive than i10 specially in Highways. New drivers and people who prefer linear power delivery may prefer i10 though.
Old 13th February 2013, 11:29   #243

All need to beware of the exorbitant service costs that Hyundai charges for their cars when you're on the look out for a new ride. Not very sure of how the service costs are for their other cars (from the forum, I gather that its very similar), but for my i10, the charges are increasingly astronomical.
Initially the paid service charges used to be in the 1.5 to 2k range. Today when I gave my car for servicing, just the regular paid service charges are ~INR4800!!

This single factor is the biggest downer of my ownership of this Hyundai, which otherwise is a breeze to maintain (never had anything to report during regular service till date).
Old 16th February 2013, 15:52   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Have you checked the inflation. My Civic was delivered with 40+psi all round. Today when I checked I find the same in my Brio. Remember the recommended inflation is 29 psi in front, and 26 psi in the rear.

I have heard many cases of the same pressure being used front and rear.

Same here too, my Brio was delivered with 38PSI for all 4 tyres. Reduced it to the recommended 29-26 and the ride has got smoother.

I guess for longer drives 30+PSI would be better.
Old 16th February 2013, 18:54   #245
BANNED

@glidealong; I normally pump up to 32/29 and then let the pressure come down to 28/25 or so before inflating again. Just to point out I use an electric pump which I carry in the boot. 2-3 psi devotional from the recommended setting is kosher.
Old 26th February 2013, 13:33   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnaik7 View Post
+1 to that. I have taken 5 adults in my Brio easily. All of them are 5-10 to 6 ft, and they were very comfortable. The minus point is definitely the boot, wish it was a little large.
I finally test drove i10 and Brio over the weekend. While Brio is zippy and more fun to drive, i10 provides a VFM package. The issue with Brio boot is not only less space..it is also regarding usability. I tried to put a big suitcase (kind of things which we take abroad/long journeys) and wasn't easy to put it/get out unless rear shelf was moved. Another point was thigh support for the people seating in the back.

I test drove Swift as well but will keep it out of here as this thread is for i10 vs. Brio.

Still not very sure about my choice but leaning towards i10.
Old 26th February 2013, 13:39   #247
BHPian

Being a fan of Honda even I had shortlisted Brio. But the rear glass design (a major safety concern IMO), small boot made me go for i10.
Old 20th May 2013, 15:28   #248
BHPian

Hi All , I know this is a late reply , BUt I too had those two cars in mind and finally booked Brio Base and sole reason was Mileage

My colleague who drives an i10 magna Kappa2 , gets nearly 10 to 12 kmpl in city , that too 12 kmpl Without AC. Another friend of mine has a Brio S which he claims 12 to 14 kmpl. I know how the way he drives his honda . Pretty harsh . But still it responded with good mileage .

This Factor closed the doors for i10 .

Booked my Brio , and updated the Booked my car thread too

Cheers
-
Viki
Old 20th May 2013, 16:56   #249
BHPian

completely agree on the fact that the i10's mileage is a joke for a car of its size. I've been getting 10.6 kmpl in the last three tankfull's (only city driving 80% AC and not the bumper to bumper traffic)
Old 20th May 2013, 20:03   #250
BHPian

Got an i10 Sportz 2 months ago, the only reason being that we needed a tall car as it was going to be driven by my grandfather who has a slight leg problem.
If it was my own car, I would have definitely gone for the Brio due to its engine and handling characteristics. Said that, I also must say that the i10 interiors are in my opinion better looking and better made.
Old 21st May 2013, 14:45   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh Mohan View Post
Hi All , I know this is a late reply , BUt I too had those two cars in mind and finally booked Brio Base and sole reason was Mileage

My colleague who drives an i10 magna Kappa2 , gets nearly 10 to 12 kmpl in city , that too 12 kmpl Without AC. Another friend of mine has a Brio S which he claims 12 to 14 kmpl. I know how the way he drives his honda . Pretty harsh . But still it responded with good mileage .

This Factor closed the doors for i10 .

Booked my Brio , and updated the Booked my car thread too

Cheers
-
Viki
I had taken a TD of the Brio. I pretty much pushed it around 20% of the TD route, the rest of the route had traffic moving at 40 so couldn't do any stunts.

The SA had very enthusiastically reset the fuel consumption gauge before the drive. After we came back it showed 9.8kmpl and she was dumbstruck. So I wouldn't say that the brio returns great mileage figures. It all depends on the way you drive and the route/traffic during the drive.
Old 21st May 2013, 15:05   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
I had taken a TD of the Brio. I pretty much pushed it around 20% of the TD route, the rest of the route had traffic moving at 40 so couldn't do any stunts.

The SA had very enthusiastically reset the fuel consumption gauge before the drive. After we came back it showed 9.8kmpl and she was dumbstruck. So I wouldn't say that the brio returns great mileage figures. It all depends on the way you drive and the route/traffic during the drive.
Yes true herculesksp , but calculating mileage in TD would not give a good pic rather than a daily user . Just my opinion sir . From the info gathered from i10 users and Brio or any petrol honda users (My friends and colleagues), i found the mileage is far more better with the Jap car rather than the Korean counterpart. Again just a info obtained from users

Cheers
-
Viki
Old 21st May 2013, 17:36   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh Mohan View Post
Yes true herculesksp , but calculating mileage in TD would not give a good pic rather than a daily user . Just my opinion sir . From the info gathered from i10 users and Brio or any petrol honda users (My friends and colleagues), i found the mileage is far more better with the Jap car rather than the Korean counterpart. Again just a info obtained from users

Cheers
-
Viki
But of course... not saying that your data is wrong or anything

Honda's are known to be frugal, but the Brio is a more powerful engine than the i10 and calls for a lot of spirited driving. It has the dynamics to support the driving. So more often than not, people might end up pushing the car and hence spoiling their mileage figures.
Old 6th December 2013, 02:43   #254

Hyundai grand i10 or The Honda brio

Well, here i am, after waiting for days to be accepted into the forum and now that i finally am, i can't help but grin .My small yet significant (for me) triumph is not why I'm posting this thread though.I am in a real dilemma as to what i want as my next car.

When I first decided to get a new care to replace my Alto, I eliminated some cars right off the bat. The Suzuki Swift, for example, was eliminated because we already own a Swift Dzire. And after shortlisting some cars and going on test drives for cars like the Ford Figo, The Toyota Liva, The Suzuki Ritz and The Hyundai i20. I got stuck between two cars which I really REALLY liked and whose top end models are under my budget fall under my budget- The new Hyundai i10 Grand and The Honda Brio.

First off, if we only look at the exteriors ,even though I did like the i10 Grand's slightly fluidic styling, i preferred the Honda Brio. I loved the back as well and i liked the overall 'Cuteness' the car radiated.most of my friends also liked the brio better. It's not that i didnt like the i10's looks... It's just that I likes the Brio better. The small boot of the brio was not a problem as the only thing the car would mostly be doing is driving to my college and back. The interiors of the brio were great but i planned to get wooden interiors for it.I hated that there wasnt a CD player, even though i mostly only use a auxiliary cable connected to my ipod. I wanted ABS and airbags which were available in the top end. When i went for a test drive, i loved the peppy engine and the fact that it was powerful (this helps as i have a habit of going on a lot of joyrides). It was really uncomfotable when i drove over a bad road

I liked the features of the i10 better though and the ride was more comfortable than the brio. The thing that i most liked was the i10's key. I know that it's a small thing but it was BEAUTIFUL. . But , keys dont make cars , so that was not a deciding factor. I loved the interiors of the i10 as well. One of my favorite things was that the audio system had 1 gb of internal memory which would be really helpful. I went for a test drive and one thing bugged me throughout my drive. I had to downshift to first gear every time i went over a speed breaker. This was annoying as there are a lot of speed bumps on the roads i usually take. The i10 has keyless entry and button start both of which I like quite a lot. There was decent boot space as well. There was a rear AC vent but i dont see how it could be practical.

Now, i'm stuck between these cars and that was what i thought of them. I can't decide which to get. So, i turn to you, fellow BHP-ians (feels good to say that ). The most important factors would be - Handling and drive in the city, i only drive about 150-200 kms a month at MOST, after sales service is something i dont know much about. It needs to be good as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Hope i can make a decision soon. Advice about other cars to consider will be appreciated as well.
Old 6th December 2013, 10:12   #255
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai grand i10 or The Honda brio

First off, welcome to the forum

Now coming to your dilemma, the i10 Grand is the more "sensible" of the two, with more space, comfort and features. But if you are only going to be using this for college and not ferrying an entire family around in, just go for the Brio as it is more fun to drive and does look lovable in nearly every colour except black. The Brio, with fatter tyres will keep the enthusiast or keen driver in you (if you are one), happy with its handling prowess, chuckabililty and rev happy v-tech unit.

In the end, you don't seem to be demanding much out of these cars so pick whichcever your heart says and you cannot go wrong. No one will ever tell you that you should have bought the other.

Cheers!
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks