Team-BHP - Honda Brio Vs Hyundai i10
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Honda Brio Vs Hyundai i10 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/108492-honda-brio-vs-hyundai-i10-5.html)

What's the Kerb Weight of i10? Is it 860kg? That's what Stratos mentioned in his i10 test drive. Did not find any info. on Hyundai's website! For Biro its 920-940kg depending on the variant.

I am planning to upgrade from my Spark. Which of these two is a better buy ?

1) Honda Brio 1.2 S MT

2) Hyundai i10 Sportz 1.2 Kappa2

Both these trims come to the same OTR approximately . I know they are not equipped with safety features, but i am not sure if i can extend my budget. So i have bottomed it down to just these 2 variants.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_9327 (Post 2542272)

1) Honda Brio 1.2 S MT

Both these trims come to the same OTR approximately . I know they are not equipped with safety features, but i am not sure if i can extend my budget. So i have bottomed it down to just these 2 variants.

The two models mentioned are neck to neck sans the safety features. I have read some steering issues with i10 in this forum. If Hyundai has sorted it out by now, then i10 would be my pick over the Brio as it is more practical.

But isn't i10 sports more expensive than Brio S MT ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by karty_83 (Post 2542525)
The two models mentioned are neck to neck sans the safety features. I have read some steering issues with i10 in this forum. If Hyundai has sorted it out by now, then i10 would be my pick over the Brio as it is more practical.

But isn't i10 sports more expensive than Brio S MT ?

With easy 35k - 40k discounts on the i10, the Sports is marginally cheaper than the S without Airbag,ABS.

However, the buyer must buy what they like or what suits them as the price differential will be near 20k.

Quote:

1) Honda Brio 1.2 S MT

Be mindful of the FE difference. Dont expect more than 12 from i10 in real world conditions. Brio I think can give around 15 as the same engine on Jazz gives around that.

I'd suggest Brio as an easy choice. Gem of an engine, cheaper service costs (cheaper than Hyundai), cheaper running costs (cheaper than i10). What more is needed?

Honda Brio if you can live with the waiting period.
Looks fresh , gem of an engine , superior weight to power ration, Honda badge.

Quote:

1) Honda Brio 1.2 S MT

The Brio is a slightly better choice if you do not mind the wait period. It might also have better FE and resale value (though petrol resale is down in the dumps nowadays). Getting a new model could be risky, but Honda has a very good reputation in India for quality and I expect it won't be a problem with the Brio.

Quote:

1) Honda Brio 1.2 S MT

I recently test drove both and have to say there is very little difference between them. I enjoyed driving both of them. However, I found i10 to be more practical and an all rounder than Brio. The Brio has a non-existent boot space while i10 has not massive but reasonable boot space. Plus, the rear of i10 is slightly better than Brio.

In short, I would say if you already have a car and this is going to be a second car, go for Brio otherwise i10

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90BHP (Post 2522350)
It's a very tough competition with so many cars in the market competing for the small segment cars.
=============
PS: But, if I were you I would invest a little more & go for the Jazz, its a much much more fun car to drive & won't pinch too big a hole in your pocket too !

This is exactly what i had to say agree: . But i would say its on the whole its the same rating, considering the resale value of the car.

Took a quick look at the brio last week in my office campus. The car to an extent looks to be similar to i10 but with loads of glass. The rear side looked to be a glassy case.

I felt somehow it lacks the Honda punch with its looks. However, am yet to receive driver feedback .

Quote:

Originally Posted by joslicx (Post 2542771)
Be mindful of the FE difference. Dont expect more than 12 from i10 in real world conditions. Brio I think can give around 15 as the same engine on Jazz gives around that.

I'd suggest Brio as an easy choice. Gem of an engine, cheaper service costs (cheaper than Hyundai), cheaper running costs (cheaper than i10). What more is needed?

dont know the Brio FE but i have a i10 Kappa and DONT expect anything over 10 in the City ( Chennai traffic conditions ). This is with sedate driving. it goes down to 9 if traffic is bad ! but highway FE is good. at constant 80kmph, you can get about 18kmpl

I feel the Brio looks very fresh amongst the segment and the space as well as interiors are really good. If i was to go for a Petrol hatch under 5.5 lakhs on road, i would pick it up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 2576360)
dont know the Brio FE but i have a i10 Kappa and DONT expect anything over 10 in the City ( Chennai traffic conditions ). This is with sedate driving. it goes down to 9 if traffic is bad ! but highway FE is good. at constant 80kmph, you can get about 18kmpl

9 is bad for a small car, my swift used to give more than that.

I would pick the Brio. It is new to the market so it will have better resale value + very good practical FE + Honda A.S.S/quality, so it is better than i10 to me.

Honda v/s Hyundai. A few years ago this question would not have been a crime to ask. Honda would have been the unanimous choice.

However Hyundai has bought quality products to India in recent times, i10 is one of them.

However IMO Honda Brio is a giant leap ahead in terms of the *fun to drive* factor compared to the i10. The only downer is the quirky looks.

Also i keep hearing a not so good efficiency on the i10 when compared with other hatches (not that Brio FE is well known anyway).

Would cast my vote for the Honda.

The Honda Brio is the more fun to drive car. The engine is better, the wheel setup reminds me of the Mini's and the lack of tall boy design means there is little body roll compared to the i10.

The edge the i10 has is the space because of said tall boy design, additional kit and better and wider A.S.S.

My money would go on the Brio but then I am not so concerned about having all the fancy gizmos the i10 provides. If you have a family, take them along for the TD and see their opinions. You can't go wrong with either one though the i10 has been very criticised for the mileage it gets. Don't have personal experience of that though