Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2012, 11:50   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio Vs Hyundai i10

Good news!!

Saw a full page ad in TOI, Brio bookings have resumed and deliveries resumed in full swing.
Old 23rd March 2012, 12:10   #107
BHPian

All the new brio's and jazzes are now MRF ZVTV rubbered. Looks like Honda signed up with MRF for all new cars being produced.
@reign of chaos : what did you switch the tyres to? what value did you get for the stock tyres?

thanks!
Old 23rd March 2012, 12:39   #108
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
^^ If you intend to keep the car for 5 years, I don't recommend CNG. Also, I'd never recommend CNG-LPG conversions anyway. Especially on a Honda. The 1.2 in the Brio is a gem of a motor. It's meant to drink petrol and be as reliable and fuel-efficient as it can be, while being refined and punchy. Why ruin all that by doing something 'unnatural'.

If you really need to run your car on CNG/LPG, get a used Alto/Wagon-R and get the conversion done on that.

There are people who buy Civic and get the conversion done. It is possible, and you may benefit from it, in terms of savings. But is it really worth it? Wouldn't you want that iVtec mill to be in perfect condition, with many miles left in it, when you'd want to sell it?
More than 12 million vehicles in the world have been converted to CNG & they run fine. Is there something wrong with the ivtec mill that it's not suited to CNG?

Honda themselves sell CNG bifuel cars in several countries.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 13:59   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
More than 12 million vehicles in the world have been converted to CNG & they run fine. Is there something wrong with the ivtec mill that it's not suited to CNG?

Honda themselves sell CNG bifuel cars in several countries.
Nothing wrong, just that I would never mess around with a Honda engine by installing a CNG. If it comes from the company, then okay. But I'd never recommend retro-fitting it.

A few of my friends have had problems with their LPG equipped cars.
Old 23rd March 2012, 15:37   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
This weekend we went to the Honda Showroom to take a look at Brio, my BIL might end up buying one sooner or later. Later he also mentioned that he would like to take a look at i10 as well.

Going by the experiences and impressions on this thread, i would suggest him a Honda any-day over Hyundai.

How would owners who have looked at both, or own both compare space inside. Brio does looked cramped, but that is after driving Civic (So might not be totally right).
Brio is more spacious inside than the i10. You can read my car choosing experience in the thread below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...-review-7.html
Old 23rd March 2012, 19:09   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhuG View Post
Brio is more spacious inside than the i10. You can read my car choosing experience in the thread below:

Cant find anything by you on that page.
Old 23rd March 2012, 19:29   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhuG View Post

That's a Dzire thread mate, are you sure of the link? Went back and forth for a few pages could not find any posts related to i10/Brio hence stopped reading.

I am more tilting towards Honda, having experienced their engine, and service quality first hand.

@Suhaas307, the priorities are different, as this was discussed in LPG thread. It all depends on ones priorities, if economical running is a priority (Nothing wrong in it) then fitting a CNG/LPG on Honda is also fine. You and me might not like it as our love for the engine, its smoothness and free revving nature overpowers the economical/mathematical logic. I would never convert any petrol engine to LPG/CNG (Although the thought does pass my mind sometimes), if price of petrol starts to pinch me, i would move to Volvo. So chill .

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 23rd March 2012 at 19:35.
Old 26th March 2012, 12:01   #113
BHPian

My enquiry was in general regarding usage and ownership pros and cons regarding CNG/LPG. But only if they are factory fitted. Are they cheaper to run? Or petrol option is better?
Old 26th March 2012, 13:30   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityaya View Post
My enquiry was in general regarding usage and ownership pros and cons regarding CNG/LPG. But only if they are factory fitted. Are they cheaper to run? Or petrol option is better?
There is a thread on the comparison between the running costs of CNG/LPG/Petrol etc.
What I gather is, when you run on LPG, you get lesser mileage (fuel efficient) This will to some extent negate the savings achieved by the cheaper LPG. You also need to look at the initial cost of fitting the LPG kit and calculate how much you need to run for the break even. Considering that there will be performance drop, compromised luggage space, possible reliability issue etc, LPG option is not worth IMO.
Old 7th May 2012, 15:06   #115
BHPian

Just completed a short test drive of the new i10 SPORTZ and the Brio SMT. Does anyone have a clue about the AMC cost of the Brio? I know the i10 costs me 6000 a year.
Old 7th May 2012, 15:56   #116
BANNED

@ankur_Fox; What I can say is that the annual maintenance cost of my Civic is lower than that of the earlier Accent. Only since I use Synthetic oil here, the actual bills are a bit higher. Furthermore, body repairs are also somewhat cheaper. Hyundai gets you by additions like X, Y Z sprays, injector cleaning, etc.
Old 7th May 2012, 16:06   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_fox View Post
Just completed a short test drive of the new i10 SPORTZ and the Brio SMT. Does anyone have a clue about the AMC cost of the Brio? I know the i10 costs me 6000 a year.
Not sure about the Brio, but my Santro makes me 5-6k lighter every service interval.

My Civic and Jazz on the other hand cost around the same (6k). Together.
Old 7th May 2012, 16:08   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure about the Brio, but my Santro makes me 5-6k lighter every service interval.

My Civic and Jazz on the other hand cost around the same (6k). Together.
YOu mean a Civic AMC is 3000?
Old 7th May 2012, 18:36   #119
Team-BHP Support

A regular service is generally 3k-5k for our Civic. The Jazz is cheaper than that.

It's not exactly the same as the Santro's every time. But it's around that figure. It's astonishing how Hyundai manages to slap big bills on Santro owners' foreheads. Bills that are bigger than those that you get with much larger cars. And that's the point I was trying to make.
Old 9th May 2012, 22:47   #120
BHPian

Quote:
A regular service is generally 3k-5k for our Civic. The Jazz is cheaper than that.

It's not exactly the same as the Santro's every time. But it's around that figure. It's astonishing how Hyundai manages to slap big bills on Santro owners' foreheads. Bills that are bigger than those that you get with much larger cars. And that's the point I was trying to make.
I'm not asking about a regular service, I'm talking about an AMC! You know where you pay once for all services in a year ... Annual Maintenance Cost

Most Viewed