Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2012, 15:27   #226
BANNED

Re: Honda Brio Vs Hyundai i10

Have you checked the inflation. My Civic was delivered with 40+psi all round. Today when I checked I find the same in my Brio. Remember the recommended inflation is 29 psi in front, and 26 psi in the rear.

I have heard many cases of the same pressure being used front and rear.
Old 16th November 2012, 15:32   #227
BHPian

Agreed completely but that's because of the short wheelbase and we have to live with it bro. Brio has a wider stance compared to i10 which makes it better on corners and at highway speeds. GC is the only issue that bothers me apparently.

If you really think there is some abnormal bounce in your car, do get it checked. I had a crankling sound from the left rear suspension everytime time it crashed into a pothole, which was later fixed by service center and it went away.

At last, I am sure you would agree to me on the FTD aspect of the car and thats what matters to me most. Absolutely brilliant.

Aloha
Shiv
Old 16th November 2012, 19:21   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Have you checked the inflation. My Civic was delivered with 40+psi all round. Today when I checked I find the same in my Brio. Remember the recommended inflation is 29 psi in front, and 26 psi in the rear.

I have heard many cases of the same pressure being used front and rear.
Yes, tyre pressure is checked regularly and kept at company directed pressure level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Agreed completely but that's because of the short wheelbase and we have to live with it bro. Brio has a wider stance compared to i10 which makes it better on corners and at highway speeds. GC is the only issue that bothers me apparently.

If you really think there is some abnormal bounce in your car, do get it checked. I had a crankling sound from the left rear suspension everytime time it crashed into a pothole, which was later fixed by service center and it went away.

At last, I am sure you would agree to me on the FTD aspect of the car and thats what matters to me most. Absolutely brilliant.

Aloha
Shiv
I will have it checked for sure. Thanks buddy.
Old 20th January 2013, 22:50   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Too early to say:
First tankful 9.2kpl
Second Tankful - looks like 11 kpl.

The engine will take a minimum of 3000-5000 km to be run in.
Sir, we got the Brio AT for my wife a couple of months ago. The mileage we get is really bad (around 8) in the city. Considering it's used by my wife who drives to the "ECO' indicator most times, I am really worried about the FE. Am I unlucky? I wonder. Even after the first service, the FE hovers around 8. The Honda guys tell me that other customers get 12-13 in city. Any idea what could be wrong? Had I known the FE would be this, I would have got her a petrol Outlander.
Old 21st January 2013, 22:16   #230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reachanoop View Post
Sir, we got the Brio AT for my wife a couple of months ago. The mileage we get is really bad (around 8) in the city. Considering it's used by my wife who drives to the "ECO' indicator most times, I am really worried about the FE. Am I unlucky? I wonder. Even after the first service, the FE hovers around 8.

Anything to do with the run in? Because even I was expecting a 12/13 for the city. May be it should in some time, as you just finished first service.
My i10 used to give 8-9 in the city. But that is more bumper to bumper traffic. But the instant I started using more on longer stretches (ORR for example),
the FE went up to 11-12.

Last edited by ampere : 21st January 2013 at 22:19.
Old 22nd January 2013, 18:31   #231
BHPian

How are you all measuring the mileage? Via the on screen display or tank to tank calculation?
Old 22nd January 2013, 19:22   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Sir, we got the Brio AT for my wife a couple of months ago. The mileage we get is really bad (around 8) in the city. Considering it's used by my wife who drives to the "ECO' indicator most times, I am really worried about the FE. Am I unlucky? I wonder. Even after the first service, the FE hovers around 8. The Honda guys tell me that other customers get 12-13 in city. Any idea what could be wrong? Had I known the FE would be this, I would have got her a petrol Outlander.
Hello reachanoop, i have got a brio myself about a month back. it has run around 1000Km till now. Dont worry about FE for the first 2-3K Km. I have not yet checked the mileage via tankfull to tankfull method as its of no use in a new car which is yet to complete its run in. The instant mileage it shows is around 11.5Km/Lt which is something that should not be taken into consideration.
vivekkp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 08:19   #233
BHPian

Hi friends

I too am having same confusion very much confused between brio smt and i10 sportz ,
I love look of brio, but interior and high seating makes me feel that I should go for i10 ,ask am 5.11 height,
Being 100% city drive I am not that worried of mileage coz in Mumbai with traffic as I have read there is hardly to choose between them on mileage front
And as I read this thread I am more confused
Old 24th January 2013, 10:05   #234
BANNED

Quote:
Sir, we got the Brio AT for my wife a couple of months ago. The mileage we get is really bad (around 8) in the city. Considering it's used by my wife who drives to the "ECO' indicator most times, I am really worried about the FE. Am I unlucky? I wonder. Even after the first service, the FE hovers around 8. The Honda guys tell me that other customers get 12-13 in city. Any idea what could be wrong?
FE before 3000km or so is really a joke. I have done 2200+ and am up to about 12kpl (no AC in winter). Please check that she stays in D and NOT D3. In my case 90% of the mileage is done by my wife, and mostly in the markets.
Old 25th January 2013, 08:13   #235
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
How are you all measuring the mileage? Via the on screen display or tank to tank calculation?
I measure it tank to tank on the auto-cutoff mode. I also stay consistent with the bunk where I fill. So at least some level of error margin is taken care off.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2013, 12:48   #236
BHPian

@pabheda
I would choose a Brio over i10, the reason is that it has a better spec engine and also Honda still will be cheaper to maintain in the long run, it may not be as feature rich as i10 but the drive overall will be better, just one question though, how many occupants will be there mostly, if only one then the interior space must not be much of an issue as well
P.S: i still prefer the looks of i10 over Brio but hey, we spend more time inside the car than outside looking at it
And living in Mumbai means you also have good CNG options, both cars can adapt to CNG kits well, but if you choose a Brio AT, then the hassle of gear shifts are also minimal
Honda's are better with AT boxes than Hyundai, cant deny that fact but experts can correct me here
shridhar.s.i is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 17:29   #237
BHPian

Reading this thread, i'm getting more & more confused to make the choice. My requirements apart from all the basics, features is about no. of passengers that can travel comfortably. Typically this car will be used for city drives and mostly by my wife, kids and parents. Can this car take 4 adults+1 kid? Another parameter is I'm planning to replace my 9-year old Santro with this new car. So chances of getting a better exchange price is with i10.
Any thoughts?
Old 31st January 2013, 18:23   #238
BHPian

Vineet,

If your only critera is about space and moreso when you are talking about 4 adults + 1 kid, Brio isnt a pain. Anyday, it's easy to maintain a Honda.
I think we have discussed this quite a time, Brio and i10 has their own pros and cons. But since, you already own a Santro, exchanging with an i10 might earn you some loyalty bonus but on the other hand, with Brio you get all safety kits at the right price point which you can't think for an i10.

There are threads on this forum where i10's bad mileage is prominantly talked about so take a look at them as well. Overall, both cars will give you satisfactory ownership experience. Hyundais, now a days are a bit more heavy on pocket to maintain. Nevertheless, each car has its own fan following. So decide what you want judiciosuly.

Thanks.

Last edited by Shiv_1984 : 31st January 2013 at 18:26.
Old 31st January 2013, 20:31   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_k21 View Post
Reading this thread, i'm getting more & more confused to make the choice. My requirements apart from all the basics, features is about no. of passengers that can travel comfortably. Typically this car will be used for city drives and mostly by my wife, kids and parents. Can this car take 4 adults+1 kid? Another parameter is I'm planning to replace my 9-year old Santro with this new car. So chances of getting a better exchange price is with i10.
Any thoughts?
The brio has much more leg space and shoulder room/head room in the rear than the i10. Also the floor is flat unlike the i10 which has a hump in the middle. For 5 people the brio is way more comfortable.

Of course the catch is that the brio has a smaller boot than the i10 - however its not by much - around 20 odd liters.
Old 4th February 2013, 12:44   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The brio has much more leg space and shoulder room/head room in the rear than the i10. Also the floor is flat unlike the i10 which has a hump in the middle. For 5 people the brio is way more comfortable.

Of course the catch is that the brio has a smaller boot than the i10 - however its not by much - around 20 odd liters.
+1 to that. I have taken 5 adults in my Brio easily. All of them are 5-10 to 6 ft, and they were very comfortable. The minus point is definitely the boot, wish it was a little large.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks