Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2006, 12:29   #16
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Hi!
the threat is more for turbo diesel rather than non turbo as the price difference between DLG and xeta GLS is around 1.5 lakhs. that would be sufficient for running xeta for 2-3 years assuming 10KMPL mileage of xeta with around 12000Km /year. if one has to recover the difference at this kind of running it will take 6-7 years. so it is xeta all the way
Old 7th March 2006, 12:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
Indica Xeta definitly.
Only thing that bothers me is awkward positioning of Steering wheel and high mounted dashboard. Also, a bit bulky to throw around in city compared to Alto. But then its definitly more value for money.
Go for it!
On the contrary, I consider the steering position of the Indica just perfect, a la good old Maruti 800. The high position ensures that the steering will not come in the way of my legs. I'm 5'11''.
Old 7th March 2006, 12:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

the tiny alto only for FE ....Xeta for safety but slightly lesser FE...cannot comment on TATA's reliablity ....
Old 7th March 2006, 13:38   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
the tiny alto only for FE ....Xeta for safety but slightly lesser FE...cannot comment on TATA's reliablity ....
Satyabhai... take that reliability from me haa haa haaa... no, jokes aside, now after a good 5 manyears of experience with Tata and 2 indicas after I can assure you that an Indica IS a very reliable car. Forget breakdowns, even those small niggles are something which come about very rarely nowadays.
Old 7th March 2006, 14:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Satyabhai... take that reliability from me haa haa haaa... no, jokes aside, now after a good 5 manyears of experience with Tata and 2 indicas after I can assure you that an Indica IS a very reliable car. Forget breakdowns, even those small niggles are something which come about very rarely nowadays.

zappobhai ...but i have heard of AC's ,PS in brand new week-old indica's packing up .....at the same time have heard of indica's running troublefree since 2-3 years ...thats why i said that i cannot comment ....as you are never sure ...

and after learning about all teh changed parts in steeroids DICOR ...u can really benever sure
Old 7th March 2006, 15:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
and after learning about all teh changed parts in steeroids DICOR ...u can really benever sure
Satya - not all parts mentioned in my write-up were changed because of problems. Some were done as part of product upgrades. Parts changed for failure included A/c coil, A/c condensor fan, a/c switch and starter motor.
Old 7th March 2006, 16:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Parts changed for failure included A/c coil, A/c condensor fan, a/c switch and starter motor.
whoa ! that was fast.

Steer what parts were upgraded ?
Old 7th March 2006, 17:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

The dealership here (Tafe Access) did not haqve a single Xeta for a test drive!!... claims all of them got sold out!... The salesperson was hardselling Xeta badly - even de-selling his other models to push this one (guess all these car salespeople can do with some major training - to begin with product knowledge!!)

But yes... I think Xeta is a lot of car for that price - and definitely more solid than Alto!...

Last edited by kb100 : 7th March 2006 at 17:42.
Old 7th March 2006, 22:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Steer what parts were upgraded ?
See HERE

Please note that despite these issues I am extremely happy with the vehicle itself because of how quickly both Tata and the Dealer responded to the problems.
Old 7th March 2006, 23:53   #25
BHPian

Xeta seems a definite winner as of now!
Old 8th March 2006, 14:44   #26
Team-BHP Support

And while we are at the issue of Tata service and reliability test this one. After my first service (about 2.5 months back) I posted on another thread as to how attentive the guys were including two follow-up calls including one from some senior guy about my overall experience during and after service. This was over and above the 2 calls I recieved from their service advisor regarding a minor part's (cabin light switch) availability status.

Now as it so happens they retrofitted something (I believe it was some wiring/w.harness and some rubber gasket/beading) in my car (BS III) as an initiative on their own. I recieved a call today morning from their engineer querying about where the car is right now. Apparently they were somewhere near my residence and want to give a cursory check-up to the car since its over 2 months since the service and also wanted to confirm that the retrofitting was properly done and working (amazing!!). I am zapped!

Last edited by Zappo : 8th March 2006 at 14:47.
Old 8th March 2006, 19:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Xeta is definetly a better choice than the Alto in every repect(except for FE).
Old 3rd April 2006, 16:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

/*Xeta can blow real big hole in Alto's pockets. This would be the best car for people looking for better car at lesser initial investment. Of course, running costs for Xeta would be higher than Alto, but that is the price one will have pay for getting much bigger and powerful car (in fact, higher segment car).

Having said this, Alto will continue to sell in good number due to our fascination with word "average" aka F.E.*/

I jst drove from Mumbai to Hyderabad for 730kms non stop on NH9 in my alto lx.
Time taken 10hrs
Avg speed 70 odd kmph
fuel consumed 30 liters approx (had filled the tank at the start)
fuel effeciency 24.3 kmpl
A/C was on all the way and i was driving all day @ 85-95kmph

What more can i ask from a 1year 11000kms small car which cost me only 3lac on road mumbai?

Ravi
Old 3rd April 2006, 16:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow
/fuel effeciency 24.3 kmpl
A/C was on all the way and i was driving all day @ 85-95kmph

Ravi

hey ravi ...thats superb FE ...
Old 3rd April 2006, 18:03   #30
BHPian

really great FE.
BTW how many people travelled with you and how comfortable were they at the back seat for this 10 hour journey?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks