Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2007, 20:24   #61
BHPian

, Good Boy! a nice decision....
Old 25th January 2007, 18:02   #62
BHPian

please read again

Quote:
My old M800 without ac fetched 97k, after 7 years and 50k kilometres... I bought it for 1.98L... About 50% value after 7 years is too good, and only Maruti can command that... Indica wont get that sort of resale value...

Please read the post again From 5 years now i.e. 2011

None of the cars resale value will be good
Old 25th January 2007, 20:42   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
Please read the post again From 5 years now i.e. 2011

None of the cars resale value will be good
Still an Alto / 800 will fetch u more money than anything else....Dont forget that 800 is a 23 year old car and still going strong interms of resale...
The price tag of Alto / 800 is actually an interface between a "person without a car" and "proud car owner" and in india majority of the population falls in this bracket...if you go by numbers, i think 7-8% of indian population own cars, hence there is huge market for the altos and 800s as the economy grows...

Abhi
Old 26th January 2007, 00:59   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Still an Alto / 800 will fetch u more money than anything else....Dont forget that 800 is a 23 year old car and still going strong interms of resale...
The price tag of Alto / 800 is actually an interface between a "person without a car" and "proud car owner" and in india majority of the population falls in this bracket...if you go by numbers, i think 7-8% of indian population own cars, hence there is huge market for the altos and 800s as the economy grows...

Abhi
Abhi, What you say may hold good today and not for another five years. We are heading towards an unchartered territory and if you observe the trend, it is clear that rate of growth in the last five to six years has been phenomenal.

In today's context, the cheapest option available is alto/800, but five years from now, a customer aspiring to buy and four wheeler will have number of options, right from tata's 1 lakh car to suzuki some 600 cc car (forgot the name).

Going by this assumption, there could be a steep decline in the second hand prices of the current entry level cars.

Regards
Tifosi.
Old 27th January 2007, 12:13   #65
BHPian

Gents,
I have a question regarding the Xeta 1.2 (GV). Im influencing my cousing to go for xeta 1.2, who is having ltd budget for his purchase.
However he has a question, can a power steering and/or an AC be installed at a later date/year for this model.

Thanks
Old 24th April 2007, 11:13   #66

Hey guys I'm facing the same problem, I love the looks and interiors of Xeta and hate the boxy look of alto but mileage is very important to me as I live in Mumbai and travel for about 50km everyday. I am also considering Spark even though its costlier. Any advice?
Old 24th April 2007, 12:39   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuee View Post
Hey guys I'm facing the same problem, I love the looks and interiors of Xeta and hate the boxy look of alto but mileage is very important to me as I live in Mumbai and travel for about 50km everyday. I am also considering Spark even though its costlier. Any advice?
Will you be happy with a mileage of 13.6 to 14 in city? Or conversely, will you get the same from Spark? Well, if mileage is the only concern and 13.6 in city does not bother you buy a Xeta by all means. You will not be dissappointed IMO.

@Sriny_Blr, Both PS and AC are a bit iffy things if installed from outside. In fact retro-fitment of PS is something I have only heard about but never seen one in actual till date. AC, though is retrofitted in many vehicles. However here again, my opinion is that it is always a very dicey thing to go in for. The work in most cases leaves a lot to desire and gives undue problems later on.

Tell me something, what is this guys budget? Ask him to have a look at GLE. It comes with factory fitted AC but no PS. Now I have driven non-PS diesel Indicas. Believe me it is nothing difficult to drive. Take my words for it. And a petrol engine, by virtue of its far lower weight, will only be easier still. However the AC helps in this summer.

If your friend can spare around 3.07 lakhs he can pick up a Xeta GLS with both PS and AC... I picked one up for one of my TMs recently. And its worth the deal IMO.
Old 24th April 2007, 15:05   #68
BHPian

according to me xeta is the best in the segment....
Old 30th April 2007, 14:43   #69

Alto with a lower CC engine + small size + less weight will always give a better FE than XETA.
XETA is for ppl. looking for better space & comfort in low budgets. If FE is not the main factor for decision then go for XETA.

BTW, I own a XETA (GLG 1.2) which gives me an mileage of 11.5-12 kms/ltr. with AC always ON. (after a running of 1400kms)
Old 3rd May 2007, 11:15   #70
Senior - BHPian

If u are a taller person and need more space,5 can travel...go for XETA...
If u are concerned about FE,Resale value,low maintainance...Alto will server you better...

Choose the best...
Old 3rd May 2007, 13:00   #71
BHPian

But then the GLG XETA is 1.4- Tank Built compared to Alto..!

These days, You buy a car with extended warranty and all, So on an avergae you keep it for 3 years or so..!

Whats with the Resale- Prices of cars are coming down like crazy..with newer varients every year..! There is bound to be huge depriciation on any car..!

Comparing 800 resale value of 800, when the Top line 800 is for 2.23 and Base for 1.95 on road in delhi- Would'nt someone rather buy a new car than second hand one..!

IMHO Resale of cars will move of Urban to Rural Areas..where True Value and all will sell refurbished second hands..!
Old 3rd May 2007, 13:05   #72
BHPian

Alto for purely FE. Xeta for everything else.

The room inside in a Xeta is uncomparable to an Alto. It is simply comfortable for 5 whereas Alto is not.

The 1.2 Xeta should be a good buy for your needs.
Old 3rd May 2007, 13:52   #73
Senior - BHPian

Comparing the resale values of the Indica & the Alto. After 5 years, the latter might have a low resale value, but the former will have nothing left in it to resell. I am yet to see decent roadworthy Indicas more than 5 years old. There may be a few, i am not discounting them, especially our dear members' cars.
Old 3rd May 2007, 15:13   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Comparing the resale values of the Indica & the Alto. After 5 years, the latter might have a low resale value, but the former will have nothing left in it to resell. I am yet to see decent roadworthy Indicas more than 5 years old. There may be a few, i am not discounting them, especially our dear members' cars.
Reason for this is we dont see many petrol version of indica on road. Also, at the same time Xeta being a petrol version is slowly contributing to being part of individual owners rather than being part of the taxi manifold.

IMO, Xeta is much better car than Alto in all aspects including re-sell if its being used by an individual and well maintained.
Old 3rd May 2007, 15:22   #75
BHPian

I am also with majority............Xeta for sure......Its good, spacious and good to drive

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks