Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2008, 15:10   #91
Senior - BHPian

All the comparison made here is not to disgrace any product.Its for the thread starter to have a comparison and to decide based on his preferences.
ram
Old 23rd March 2008, 17:23   #92
BHPian

Well said ram_hyundai

The comparative analysis done here is what the buyers actually do. I guess almost all of those who buy a Xeta/Alto will compare their preferred car with the other, and also with Santro, i10, WagonR, etc.

It is academic to say one car is having different specs than the other. For reasons only known to them, the buyers compare cars across price ranges and specs. Positioning is not what the manufactures try to do, but the comparative map sketched by consumers in their mind.

Last edited by ravradha : 23rd March 2008 at 17:24.
Old 23rd March 2008, 19:47   #93
BANNED

Quote:
It is academic to say one car is having different specs than the other.
Disagree here. I did look at alto, m800 xeta U-VA and wagonR. Spark was launched in Kerala only a couple of weeks after I got my car. But I did look at spark too. Whenever people mentioned difference in pickup, FE and engine perfornance with/without A/c, I did look at the engine specifications of the concerned car.

Of course, there may be people who take statements like "alto is most FE" at face value, without looking at anything else, and then there are people who also fall for "Palio 1.6 is very powerful" just like that. The numbers are very significant. True. But then when knowledgeable people talk, we should mention the relevant factors too, IMHO.

Quote:
For reasons only known to them, the buyers compare cars across price ranges and specs. Positioning is not what the manufactures try to do, but the comparative map sketched by consumers in their mind.
True again. Agree 100%, except to the last sentence. Manufacturers try to place a product at a particular point (chosen by the marketer) the customer has on the map in his mind.
Old 23rd March 2008, 20:58   #94
Senior - BHPian

Yes now the picture is clear here.Thats what t-bhp stands for and thats why we have lots of guests loged on to our forum for a clear and unbiased information.
ram
Old 15th May 2008, 22:05   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdoll View Post
These are mostly cabs, where cabbies really push their vehicles to extreme to extract as much as possbile out of them giving less importance to timely servicing. Private owners never do that.
Hey buddy.... there are P Padmini's taxis on the road which have been pushed to the limit.And i have not seen many of them broken down the way i see Indica's broken down on the road.Most of the PP's on the road are older than any Indica on the road. Frankly i think i almost see at least one
broken down Indica on the road almost every day.It doesn't matter whether it's a diesel or petrol.What matter is reliablity.I bet some of the bhpians can swear by thier TATA's they have owned.But then,hey they are bhpians... they care for their cars more than the others.As far as reliablity is concerned nobody can beat the legendary quality of the japanese engines.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 15th May 2008 at 22:10.
Old 20th May 2008, 17:20   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
The difference is 1765 ltrs of petrol ,when multiplied by 50 rs-88,250 rs.
You have to add fuel price increase which will roughly add another 20%
Old 22nd May 2008, 15:09   #97
BHPian

LPG Xeta

Now that Xeta has come out with an LPG variant, will Alto also come with one? Its high time that option was given to customers.
Old 30th May 2008, 17:46   #98
BHPian

Xeta vs. Alto

I had TDven both the cars and I can say that xeta offers so much of secure feeling for the driver as well as riders. These safety features cannot be ignored and a car cannot be purchased only for FE. Or a Hero Honda would always beat any of the cars on the road if you look for just fuel efficiency and resale value. I was recently driving an indica and has to go over a speed breaker which was not noticeable at the night. My goodness the way the car went over the hump and handled it, I loved the car. My life and my co-passenger's lives cannot be valued based on FE or resale value. Let me tell you safety is not always all about ABS (on which in the USA there is a considerable debate on the usefulness ), or some dual air bags. I feel if you are seat belted in a xeta you feel very very secure. Dear friends, when you compare the cars please do not ignore safety.
Old 23rd June 2008, 18:00   #99
BHPian

Xeta LPG GLS or Alto LXi ?

I Want to ask the same age old question - Xeta or Alto But now after the launch of Xeta LPG this question is with different perspactive.

Currently I want to decide between Xeta GLS and Alto Lxi. I had a Maruti 800 which I sold recently. Then I thought of alto as FE was the most important thing. But now my family is fed up of small space. So I thought of Xeta LPG. GLS is 26k costlier than Alto Lxi in Pune. I dont mind spending 26k more but the FE of Xeta with LPG should be nearly same as of Alto
with Petrol.

I have gone through the running cost comparision given in this thread. So to make more sense, I am revising the comparision with latest data.
Petrol in Pune : 56 Rs.
LPG : 36 Rs.
I run approx. 12000 Km/year
If Xeta LPG (GLS) gives me a milage of 12Km on LPG then too its more economical than Alto with 17Km milage.
The cost comes on Alto is (56 Rs x (12000 km / 17Km/ltr)) = Rs. 39529
And with Xeta on LPG is (36 Rs x (12000 km / 12Km/ltr)) = Rs. 36000

So, if Xeta FE is 12Km/ltr then its more economical than alto. And even if its 11 Km/ltr the cost comes as Rs. 39272 which is nearly matching the Alto's FE.

I gone through almost all related posts on Xeta to find out the FE of Xeta LPG. The new posts dont have the FEs and other posts are as old as of 2006.

Can anybody help me finding out the FE and help me decide between Xeta GLS and Alto Lxi ?
Old 23rd June 2008, 22:22   #100
BANNED

My 69 month 89000 km old pre-Xeta Indica LSi still gives me between 10.5 and 11 kpl in Chennai city with the A/c on. This is for normal city usage. For ultra short runs, I get anywhere between 9.5 and 10.5 kpl. I don't believe in switching off the A/c / engine at signals etc. I'm positive the Xetas are more efficient.

If you feel more comfortable in a Xeta, why the confusion? Vice versa for the Alto.
Old 23rd June 2008, 22:39   #101
Senior - BHPian

If you can afford it , get the DLS. More FE (>15kmpl as opposed to 10~11 for the xeta ) , and the diesel advantage for price(and diesel prices are far more stable). for 1000km per month, you're almost into diesel territory . the DLS costs just 20k more.

Last edited by greenhorn : 23rd June 2008 at 22:56.
Old 23rd June 2008, 23:08   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
(and diesel prices are far more stable).
I feel that Auto LPG prices would be more stable as compared to Diesel.
Didn't drive any LPG vehicle till now, but I feel Xeta makes more sense, at least because of more powerful engine Zeta has to offer than Alto.
Old 24th June 2008, 11:21   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
My 69 month 89000 km old pre-Xeta Indica LSi
Typo above - the car is 63 months old.
Old 24th June 2008, 15:59   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
My 69 month 89000 km old pre-Xeta Indica LSi still gives me between 10.5 and 11 kpl in Chennai city with the A/c on. This is for normal city usage. For ultra short runs, I get anywhere between 9.5 and 10.5 kpl.
I guess, you are quoting FE on petrol. So in case of LPG it would be 2km less. so that comes to 7 or 8. That would be Rs. 36 x (12000 km/ 8km) = Rs. 54000 which is too high.

I think the Xeta LPG should be having new engine because they are claiming 14 Km/ltr. So it should not be 10.5 to 11. Please correct me if I am wrong
Old 24th June 2008, 17:56   #105
BANNED

Believe me, the Xetas are more efficient that the Indica V2 L*i petrols which are, in turn, more efficient than the Indica 2000s (shuvc has/d one). I'm talking about petrol FE only. I have no experience with LPG / CNG. I'd recommend the 1.4 engine option over the 1.2, if LPG gives you that choice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks