Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2012, 08:52   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak
We finally made up our mind. Its the Hyundai Eon Dlite+ (White)

My dad feels the power is adequate for pure city commute. He is impressed with the car interiors. Eon delivery is scheduled in August as its auspicious month as per our calender.
Congratulations on your decision. And you will not regret it. Eon is a good little car to drive in the city.
May I suggest you buy the steel grey colour (not sure what they call it). It looks absolutely awesome on the car.

Enjoy and many happy miles with your car.
Old 8th July 2012, 09:55   #107
BHPian

Re: Alto K10 vs Alto 800 vs Hyundai Eon

Alto would be my pick anyday. The drivability matters a lot to me . A small test drive of Eon turned me off . Eon's positives- looks ,interiors and build quality cannot make up for pep less groan prone 3 pot motor.
Alto k10 which is in the same price band as Eon , possibly cheaper with the discounts beats Eon hollow in performance .
I would prefer go karting in a K10 than my X1. Hard to believe but last year i contemplated buying either k10 or a bmw depending on the finances i would have to spare at financial year closing , could manage to buy X1 though.
Old 10th July 2012, 01:58   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
Congratulations on your decision. And you will not regret it. Eon is a good little car to drive in the city.
May I suggest you buy the steel grey colour (not sure what they call it). It looks absolutely awesome on the car.

Enjoy and many happy miles with your car.
Thanks Prashant and infotech58. My Family & Myself visited Hyundai Showroom today to finalize as you both suggested Blue and steel grey color, Ultimately we ended up with White color but the version was upgraded to Era+.

As the Demo car was not available in the showroom, the sales guy handed the keys of old ERA (Initial lot Dec 2011- Not the ERA Plus). The Car seamed to give jerks with the A/C on and 4 people on board. I was thinking of changing my mind to Alto K10 where in saw the demo car arriving.

I was surprised to see that the new variants of the EON are much improved in terms of Power delivary, Power Steering feed back. No Jerks with 4 people on board and with A/C On. The Sales guy informed me that Hyundai has done some changes to the car and has asked the service center to fix the issues in previous variants free of cost.

misquitas: Do drive new variant of Eon and feel the difference. The car has similar comfort level like our previous Car(Matiz).
Deal on EON ERA+ for July 2012 - Alcon Hyundai
Free Insurance
50% Road Tax
Body Colored Handles & Mirror(FOC)
Steel Rims Upgrade from 12' to 13'(FOC)
Micro Antena (FOC)
No Corporate discount on EON

They say, EON Demand is picking up. They are ready to give better deal on i10, Santro. See if you can find a better deal then this

Today, 2 EON's were booked in exchange with Alto F8 one of them was my uncles car. He got 1.5L for his 2007 Alto (Base) done 52K.

FOC - Free of Cost
Old 10th July 2012, 22:59   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
misquitas: Do drive new variant of Eon and feel the difference. The car has similar comfort level like our previous Car(Matiz).
Deal on EON ERA+ for July 2012 - Alcon Hyundai
Free Insurance
50% Road Tax
Body Colored Handles & Mirror(FOC)
Steel Rims Upgrade from 12' to 13'(FOC)
Micro Antena (FOC)
No Corporate discount on EON

They say, EON Demand is picking up. They are ready to give better deal on i10, Santro. See if you can find a better deal then this

Today, 2 EON's were booked in exchange with Alto F8 one of them was my uncles car. He got 1.5L for his 2007 Alto (Base) done 52K.

FOC - Free of Cost
Wife and I had, in fact, test driven the Eon, shortly after it was launched and my wife was already impressed with the Eon and has identified it as HER car in the near future. She said our Alto 800 (now sold) was no match for the Eon in terms of looks, performance and features.

By the way, what is the on road price you are being quoted for the Eon? I have some good friends in Goa Hyundai and if you want, I can check if they can better the Alcon Hyundai offer. By then, have you already committed to the Eon deal with Alcon Hyundai? Let me know or PM me and I can speak to you.

Your uncle got a good deal for his Alto 2007 (base) car. A broker bought my Alto 2008 LXI (47,000 kms) in February this year for Rs 1.65L.

What, exactly, is the better deal for the i10 and Santro? Let me know.
Old 11th July 2012, 00:30   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
She said our Alto 800 (now sold) was no match for the Eon in terms of looks, performance and features.
I would second your opinion on that. Looks and features may have been beaten by the Eon, but there is no way Eon can match Alto's performance
Old 11th July 2012, 01:08   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
I would second your opinion on that. Looks and features may have been beaten by the Eon, but there is no way Eon can match Alto's performance
Our Alto 800 clearly groaned when we drove it with the AC on. No such problems were encountered when we test drove the Eon. In fact, my wife immediately noticed this comparison when she test drove the Eon.

The Alto K10 would, obviously, outperform the Eon, but I am inclined to prefer the Eon to the Alto 800 in virtually every aspect. Except, maybe, for the Alto 800's superior FE.

If I was on the lookout for a first/second compact all round hatch within Rs 3.2 L, I would blindly opt for the Eon. Great looks/fit/fitment for a car within a tight budget, great boot space, good AC. OK, well the engine may not win accolades, but it's more than capable enough to take us (three-member family) places without running out of breath and in decent comfort.

The Eon clearly has my vote of confidence.
Old 11th July 2012, 02:03   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I would remove the Alto 800 from the list without a 2nd thought. Dated and Primitive !! The K10 is peppy for a 3 cylinder engine, but again the interiors are basic. The interiors are a tad bit cramped and boot space is hardly anything worthwhile mentioning.

The Hyundai Eon is what I would put my money on if I were in your shoes. Oodles of space and the interiors are leagues ahead of the Alto. A pretty big boot and a decent mileage,sells at 3.7x lakhs ex-showroom. What's pending is a test drive from you. Go drive one and maybe you will like it.
Agreed dear friend, the Alto does not fit in because it is 'dated'. The Alto was never a car for an enthusiast even before it was dated in all departments. But the Eon as of now also has not found it's date, it is UGLY, seriously underpowered and over priced for it's good 'features', not in terms of the stats, but by way of ownership and driving experience (not by me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
the only real advantage that the Maruti has is the engine. It's an incredibly fun car to drive. In all other areas, the Eon beats it hollow. The Eon is definitely the more "complete" package. And since you are looking for a city commuter, the engine will do the job.

The Alto IS a fun to drive car, but it is also a no nonsense car with no dramatically different features from any other car ( it does not have to). The Eon (which I thought will be the Alto beater) first looks too much of a mini santro and and nothing more. All corners shaved and all corners shaved off performance too. And the stats tell the story, not me.

P.S. Of course, I am speaking after Hind thoughts.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 11th July 2012 at 02:28. Reason: Hind Thoughts
Old 11th July 2012, 11:21   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Our Alto 800 clearly groaned when we drove it with the AC on. No such problems were encountered when we test drove the Eon. In fact, my wife immediately noticed this comparison when she test drove the Eon.

The Alto K10 would, obviously, outperform the Eon, but I am inclined to prefer the Eon to the Alto 800 in virtually every aspect. Except, maybe, for the Alto 800's superior FE.

If I was on the lookout for a first/second compact all round hatch within Rs 3.2 L, I would blindly opt for the Eon. Great looks/fit/fitment for a car within a tight budget, great boot space, good AC. OK, well the engine may not win accolades, but it's more than capable enough to take us (three-member family) places without running out of breath and in decent comfort.

The Eon clearly has my vote of confidence.
I guess our experiences have been different. Maybe the Alto i drove was in immaculate condition or the Eon i drove was battered. But in any case Alto 800 can never win over Eon as a choice for a new car.

I never doubted your vote of confidence for Eon, was just commenting on the performance.
Old 11th July 2012, 12:32   #114
BHPian

Why are we all comparing the Alto K10 with the Eon? K10 is 998cc where as Eon is 814cc. Lets Compare Alto F8 with Eon.

90% of the A segment buyer are FE Conscious and they look for Value for Money in Car. Eon Dlite comes to 2.79L and Alto F8 2.5L both prices are On-Road Goa after discount and base models.

In 29K, a buyer gets new designed Car, Upmarket Interiors, Comfortable seats, nimble handling and the most important is the safety. Eon is much safer then an Alto. This link is in support to my above statement.
Old 11th July 2012, 14:21   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Eon Dlite comes to 2.79L and Alto F8 2.5L both prices are On-Road Goa after discount and base models.

In 29K, a buyer gets new designed Car, Upmarket Interiors, Comfortable seats, nimble handling and the most important is the safety.
The Alto that we are getting now is quite different from the ones sold in 2004-05. Maruti has done a good amount of cost cutting in order to keep the prices competitive. Also please note that the 2004-05 Altos themselves were not known for their interior quality. Link to a related thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-versions.html

Hyundai on the other hand has provided very good quality material as well as a well designed and well put together car. For a price difference of just 29k for the base models, no doubt Eon would be a better purchase for first time car buyers.
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 14:41   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Why are we all comparing the Alto K10 with the Eon? K10 is 998cc where as Eon is 814cc. Lets Compare Alto F8 with Eon.

90% of the A segment buyer are FE Conscious and they look for Value for Money in Car. Eon Dlite comes to 2.79L and Alto F8 2.5L both prices are On-Road Goa after discount and base models.

In 29K, a buyer gets new designed Car, Upmarket Interiors, Comfortable seats, nimble handling and the most important is the safety. Eon is much safer then an Alto. This link is in support to my above statement.
Fully agree with your views. For me, the Eon is a better ALL ROUND hatch than the Alto 800, any given day. Has better presence, perception and relative status symbol (for a Rs 3L buyer) than an Alto 800 or a Maruti 800.

If I had to buy a car at this point in time, I would easily have preferred the Eon Dlite+ over the i10.

Why? With my i10 budget of Rs 4.5L, I would have spent Rs 3.2L for the Eon, Rs 30k for accessories and Rs 1L would have gone straight into a bank FD, to take care of my car insurance and other expenses with the FD interest.
misquitas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 23:03   #117
BHPian

Hyundai Eon Magna+

Hi Friends,

I have taken delivery of Hyundai Eon Magna+ Maharaja Red on August 02, 2012.
I must say the improved version is far better to drive.

Ownership Review coming up soon. Below is the picture of my Car.
Attached Thumbnails
Alto K10 vs Alto 800 vs Hyundai Eon-dsc_8836.jpg  

Old 4th August 2012, 09:37   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak
Hi Friends,

I have taken delivery of Hyundai Eon Magna+ Maharaja Red on August 02, 2012.
I must say the improved version is far better to drive.

Ownership Review coming up soon. Below is the picture of my Car.
Congratulations! Nice looking car that! Waiting for the ownership review! I didn't know there was an improved version. I took a test drive when it was launched and felt the ride was very sluggish. Guess they've worked on it then.
Old 21st August 2012, 12:19   #119
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Gurudatta Nayak!

We are in the similar dilemma right now with the budget ~4 lacs. The EON is the most obvious choice and wifey has really liked it. Love at first sight kind. But I was comparing the EON with the Chevy SPARK and I found Spark to be a better car, at this price point.

Prices ex-showroom Pune:
Spark LT (Top-end) - 3,77,000/-
EON Sportz - 3,87,000/-

Spark has a more powerful engine, seems to be built better than EON, and the Chevy's 3 years' free maintenance promise tilts the vote in favor of Spark. The only possible negative factor about Spark could be its age in the market. EON is a very fresh product in the market and is selling well.

We are planning to finalize in the next 15-20 days maximum.

Anyone has any suggestion?
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 12:29   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Congratulations Gurudatta Nayak!

We are in the similar dilemma right now with the budget ~4 lacs. The EON is the most obvious choice and wifey has really liked it. Love at first sight kind. But I was comparing the EON with the Chevy SPARK and I found Spark to be a better car, at this price point.

Prices ex-showroom Pune:
Spark LT (Top-end) - 3,77,000/-
EON Sportz - 3,87,000/-

Spark has a more powerful engine, seems to be built better than EON, and the Chevy's 3 years' free maintenance promise tilts the vote in favor of Spark. The only possible negative factor about Spark could be its age in the market. EON is a very fresh product in the market and is selling well.

We are planning to finalize in the next 15-20 days maximum.

Anyone has any suggestion?
I agree, Spark is better built car and has powerful engine but Chevy is coming up with Facelift Spark variant by the End of 2012. Chevy Service is pathetic in Goa and spare parts are way costly. A friend of mine purchased Chevy OEM Wheel caps for 5K!!

Why don't u look at i10 Era. There was an AD on News paper i10 Era for 3.54L the offer is extended till 31st Aug 2012.
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks