Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2011, 00:58   #1

Advice on Estilo Lxi CNG

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying an Estilo for my wife. I'm more inclined towards the Lxi Green CNG one as in Delhi owning a CNG car makes more sense.

I tried but couldn't find any reviews on the Estilo CNG being presently offered.

What I'd like to know is whether the Estilo CNG has any problems, glitches, etc.?

Thanks.
Old 3rd December 2011, 18:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advice on Estilo Lxi CNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSfan#1 View Post
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying an Estilo for my wife. I'm more inclined towards the Lxi Green CNG one as in Delhi owning a CNG car makes more sense.

I tried but couldn't find any reviews on the Estilo CNG being presently offered.

What I'd like to know is whether the Estilo CNG has any problems, glitches, etc.?

Thanks.
As in diesel cars, if you drive a lot, CNG makes sense, but if you are driving less it does not. CNG car will have less power, and the AC will not be all that effective in summer.

Another factor is that there is always a long line at CNG filling stations, so you may get frustrated, always waiting to fill the car up.
Old 4th December 2011, 00:03   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
As in diesel cars, if you drive a lot, CNG makes sense, but if you are driving less it does not. CNG car will have less power, and the AC will not be all that effective in summer.

Another factor is that there is always a long line at CNG filling stations, so you may get frustrated, always waiting to fill the car up.
Hey thanks for your input. The car will be driven a fair bit and most importantly will be driver driven so fill ups are no issue.

I just wanted to get a feedback on the car from existing owners, if any.
Old 4th December 2011, 12:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSfan#1 View Post
Hey thanks for your input. The car will be driven a fair bit and most importantly will be driver driven so fill ups are no issue.

I just wanted to get a feedback on the car from existing owners, if any.
The only CNG cars I know of in this range, are the Wagon R, and their owners are extremely satisfied, as they run at least 100 km/day. As I said the only problem is AC in peak Delhi summer, else all is fine.

With Estilo having deep discounts, and as it also comes with factory fitted CNG, it is an extremely good buy, especially if there are two persons traveling.
Old 4th December 2011, 13:19   #5
BHPian

I drive LXi (Old Gen Estilo - 4Pot w/o CNG) and it still gives me 14.8Kmpl in city.
Considering factory fitted CNG, there will be less difference in the performance comapring to petrol-driven as factory tuned CNG kits are perfect match to the product as compared to the after market kits.
Old 4th December 2011, 13:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

yaar, no no no no.

Whyso?
a. The engine is NOT tuned for a flat torque curve like the WR. The cabbies almost universally bought the WR and put CNG for its torque curve
b. Unless your wife is a perfect driver, CNG can lead to regular clutch replacement.
c. Unless you drives enough to justify the CNG, you will not certainly save money
d. Unless your wife is fully hands on - you will have to queue up for CNG else she will have angry stories of wasting time in CNG queues!

unless of course she has a driver (who will queue for CNG) & travels 100km a day.
Old 4th December 2011, 23:43   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
yaar, no no no no.

Whyso?
a. The engine is NOT tuned for a flat torque curve like the WR. The cabbies almost universally bought the WR and put CNG for its torque curve
b. Unless your wife is a perfect driver, CNG can lead to regular clutch replacement.
c. Unless you drives enough to justify the CNG, you will not certainly save money
d. Unless your wife is fully hands on - you will have to queue up for CNG else she will have angry stories of wasting time in CNG queues!

unless of course she has a driver (who will queue for CNG) & travels 100km a day.
Yes. there will be a driver for fill ups. In fact, I intend to go in for another CNG car next year for myself and the driver will be used for fill ups. Works out perfectly as the monthly running expenses for two CNG cars plus driver will be equal to running two cars on petrol, probably even less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
I drive LXi (Old Gen Estilo - 4Pot w/o CNG) and it still gives me 14.8Kmpl in city.
Considering factory fitted CNG, there will be less difference in the performance comapring to petrol-driven as factory tuned CNG kits are perfect match to the product as compared to the after market kits.
That's the reason I'd only considered company offered CNG variants. Lets see what kinda results I get from the Estilo. I'll be sure to post the figures on here.
Old 5th December 2011, 09:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

oh its lovely then. Have you rechecked on the torque curves? Estilo CNG never took off while even now its the WagonR CNG - and there has to be a reason.
Old 4th January 2012, 20:19   #9
BHPian

Hey NFSfan,

Go ahead with your decision without any worries. Nothing can beat a OEM CNG kit. No maintenance or reliability issues as long as the car is services as per specified intervals. You always have the manufacturers warranty even if something goes wrong. Do buy the extended warranty if available on the CNG version.

And AFAIK, there is hardly a difference of 10-15k between an Estilo Cng & a Wagon R Cng, Why not go for the latter! It will definitely fetch you much better price at the time of resale. As we all know, Estilo is a sales dud compared to the WR.

This comes from the owner of a 94000k's done Alto Lxi Cng.

Last edited by ScorpMan : 4th January 2012 at 20:20.
Old 4th January 2012, 20:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you consider WagonR CNG or even i10 CNG?

Estilo will be offer you quite low resale value. So think about it.

PS - If you are thinking that Estilo is for women and WagonR is for men then it's not true. If you are serious about this then consider i10 CNG.

I will not recommend Estilo CNG or petrol.
Old 19th September 2012, 18:05   #11

I'll be posting a detailed 10,000 km ownership report in a new thread but an update needed to be shared here is that after first three services the car is giving 24 km per kg.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks