Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2006, 17:05   #16
BHPian

Well personally i do love the PALIO, it looks great, the performance is just amazing, but for some reason i would definitely be worried abt the after sales service you would get for the FIAT. Also am not sure abt the maintenance cost, but if you go for the SWIFT, one thing is assuared, the maintence cost will be less, will be better and will be easy, i also heard that getting spares for the FIAL is very dificult.....
Old 13th March 2006, 17:15   #17
BHPian

For first car, you'd probably be better off with Swift VXi. Swift is very modern and Maruti's ASS still rocks. You'll also get good FE. Probably you won't miss extra features of ZX if you go for VX.
Old 13th March 2006, 17:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

The spares for palio are amongst the cheapest in the segment.. and segment im talking of are small hatchbacks the wagon r's and the santro's.
If TATA-FIAT allinace takes off well then there is no reason why you should not buy the palio.
Old 13th March 2006, 19:10   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
The spares for palio are amongst the cheapest in the segment.. and segment im talking of are small hatchbacks the wagon r's and the santro's.
If TATA-FIAT allinace takes off well then there is no reason why you should not buy the palio.
Palio spares are cheap you say? Can you give a comparative example to illustrate this point of yours?
Old 13th March 2006, 19:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

I would recommend waiting for a month.

the new look palio will be out soon with better interiors and new fresh looking exteriors.

Also the Grande Punto will be in Fiat showrooms soon.

enginewise Swift's engine beats palio 1.2
ride and handling are much better on palio
resale will be better on swift
palio looks better than swift
interiors are better in swift
both the cars are equally comfortable
both the cars are good in FE

decide for yourself
Old 13th March 2006, 19:34   #21
BHPian

Since its gonna be your first car, go for the Swift.

If its the Palio 1.2 or the Swift, go for the Swift.
Old 13th March 2006, 19:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

5u3zero, hats off to u for being so truthful,man.
Old 13th March 2006, 19:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Palio spares are cheap you say? Can you give a comparative example to illustrate this point of yours?
Sorry forgot to mention the source..... FIAT India website and it is up
Old 13th March 2006, 20:19   #24

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

i would suggest u go for the palio instead of the swift cos imho i think the palio still looks better than the swift.i find the swift to be one ugly car IMO.and wen it comes to ride quality,handling palio is any day better than swift.and y worry about ass now as tata has stepped in.n i dont think the 1L difference justifies the swift.also now every tom,dick and harry is driving a swift.they r more visible than 800's.
Old 13th March 2006, 22:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
i would suggest u go for the palio instead of the swift cos imho i think the palio still looks better than the swift.i find the swift to be one ugly car IMO.and wen it comes to ride quality,handling palio is any day better than swift.and y worry about ass now as tata has stepped in.n i dont think the 1L difference justifies the swift.also now every tom,dick and harry is driving a swift.they r more visible than 800's.
Since I was one of the first owners to own Swift, that makes me Tom, people buying it now, are Dick's, people who buy it 3 years later, will be Harry....

Last edited by aseem : 13th March 2006 at 22:58.
Old 13th March 2006, 23:08   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Since I was one of the first owners to own Swift, that makes me Tom, people buying it now, are Dick's, people who buy it 3 years later, will be Harry....
Gud one buddy !!!
Old 14th March 2006, 00:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Swift it is. 1.2 Palio shouldnt be considered as the India Xeta is a better and cheaper option (with boring interiors) for a vehicle of that size.

Besides, I wouldnt jump at a 4+ year old car just because it is now being supported by the dealers of another manufacturer - we all know where their priorities would be. Its early days yet for the Tata-Fiat alliance - see how it works first, then think in terms of buying the cars.

Last edited by Steeroid : 14th March 2006 at 00:38.
Old 14th March 2006, 02:15   #28
BHPian

Thanks folks!

Wow, an overwhelming 80% replies in favor of Swift, 15% for Palio and 5% for others.

When considering Swift Zxi at that price, entry level C segment cars also came into the fray. Should I consider Baleno Vxi and Fiesta 1.4?

Now, I am truly confused
Old 14th March 2006, 02:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandab
Thanks folks!

Wow, an overwhelming 80% replies in favor of Swift, 15% for Palio and 5% for others.

When considering Swift Zxi at that price, entry level C segment cars also came into the fray. Should I consider Baleno Vxi and Fiesta 1.4?

Now, I am truly confused

well if you need a hatch then stay with a hatch. swift is new and priced more than the palio. hence both the cars justify themselves.

Swift is FE and Powerful
Palio is FE and better ride and handling

many like the looks of the palio while many like the looks of swift.

decide which car you find more beautiful. Decide from a test drive which car you find yourself comfortable in. I think you said somewhere that you like palio a lot. That should be a deciding factor for you.

All the manufacturers make good cars. It depends on the end user whether the car suits him/her or not.
Old 14th March 2006, 06:16   #30
Senior - BHPian

I would say test drive both these cars and decide for yourself. I am a first time owner and I bought Palio 1.2. It takes a little getting used to the dimensions of the vehicle. The ride and handling are pretty good. I have never driven nor sat in a Swift, so no comments about that. Looks are pretty personal, so, I do not like to comment about that too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks