Nissan Micra Diesel 50 29.41%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2012, 15:21   #31
BHPian

Re: Renault Pulse Diesel vs Nissan Micra DCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
Just did a TD on Pulse and I liked the way it responds to the throttle. Would try to TD Micra sometime later and see how it id different.

My requirements are
1. Diesel hatchback
2. Easy driving for ladies (my wife would be using it mostly for the city drive)
3. VFM
4. Decent looks and reasonable performance
I tried my best (between Micra and Pulse) but couldn't spot any differences during my TDs. For your requirements 1 and 2 Micra fits in and I am sure you wife would love it but for requirements 3 and 4 it can't be considered(VFM and performance tags cant be attached to Micra).
Both Renault and Nissan have wafer thin networks(Nissan has more outlets since they came earlier) and thats a negative apart from poor brakes.
The highest end Micra is around 7L in gurgaon.

Regards
Sid
Old 9th May 2012, 15:44   #32
BHPian

I agree with pasionate1977 and turbokick

I personally did not like both the cars however I have driven Micra in UK.It was in 2005 and was impressed by good engine and driveability on M5 motorway.
The feminine looks (Micra) and Moustache(Pulse) are just cosmetic and does not really make difference to ordinary car buyers.It is like whether you want to marry Twin#1 or Twin #2.Incidently,'heart' of both the twins is similar but may not be attitude.I do not want to marry to either of the twinsI feel I would prefer some car maker who has established name in India (I am not Maruti fan but I still have so called 'ugly' Ritz in my stable which I really love!)

I have not driven pulse so can not comment.

Both are upcoming cars with less service network hence I will say 'Wait and watch' So,both cars are no no for me!I expect one more option in the poll 'None'
Old 25th June 2012, 09:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Eventhough the vote so far overwhelmingly goes to the Pulse, we are yet to see the same result on road.

But the question is since these are identical cars, doesnt the dealers of either brands service them at their stations hence wider reach (anyone checked on this)?

As said by many low sales may be due to the thin dealer network and wait and watch mode hoping the brands gets more widely acceptable.

Last edited by girishglg : 25th June 2012 at 09:48.
Old 25th June 2012, 10:37   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
Just did a TD on Pulse and I liked the way it responds to the throttle. Looks are also good with descent interiors. Missing ABS and USB support on Music system. Would try to TD Micra sometime later and see how it id different.

Does anyone know which one is costlier? I am given a quote of 7.1 L (on road Chennai) for RXL and 7.7L for RXZ (both with dual airbags). Did not check if there is discount as i haven't yet decided anything.

Following cars are also there in the list and would appreciate your suggestion/inputs that help me take a decision.

1. Chevy Beat
2. Toyoto Liva
3. Ford Figo

My requirements are
1. Diesel hatchback
2. Easy driving for ladies (my wife would be using it mostly for the city drive)
3. VFM
4. Decent looks and reasonable performance
Of all the 5 cars, including Micra and Pulse, go for the Micra if it is for your wife. Nissan is taking all the right steps in India and their service network will also improve as time goes and its a Jap car so should be reliable in the long run as well as having relatively low servicing costs. I am not sure if it has ABS though.
If its for both of you, then Figo Diesel.Looks are relative but has decent performance.
Stay away from Liva. Its good to drive and all but well it looks cheap(thats my opinion) and there's cheapness all over the car except for the engine . I havent had a chance to look at Beat so cannot comment on it.
Old 25th June 2012, 20:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hey there,

I just somehow do not agree to that statement at all, because I hardly see Nissan doing anything about the most critical aspect & that is of the "after-sales". A few more Nissan dealers may have sprouted up here & there since the Micra was launched but Nissan needs a lot of catching up to do.

I also feel that this is not just limited to the numbers, but also in the way their people handle customers. I say this from personal experience, since we have a Micra diesel in our family.

The only reason I didn't even consider the Micra when I had to buy my personal car was because of their lowly "after-sales", not just in quantity but also quality, despite the product in itself being good enough.

As for the routine services, they are definitely not at par with the competitors, rather more than the competition. My cousin recently paid about 4.5K for the first paid service of our car. And talk about spare part/accessories costs, some are just outrageous.

Drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
Nissan is taking all the right steps in India and their service network will also improve as time goes and its a Jap car so should be reliable in the long run as well as having relatively low servicing costs.
Old 26th June 2012, 08:39   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hey there,

I just somehow do not agree to that statement at all, because I hardly see Nissan doing anything about the most critical aspect & that is of the "after-sales". A few more Nissan dealers may have sprouted up here & there since the Micra was launched but Nissan needs a lot of catching up to do.

I also feel that this is not just limited to the numbers, but also in the way their people handle customers. I say this from personal experience, since we have a Micra diesel in our family.

The only reason I didn't even consider the Micra when I had to buy my personal car was because of their lowly "after-sales", not just in quantity but also quality, despite the product in itself being good enough.

As for the routine services, they are definitely not at par with the competitors, rather more than the competition. My cousin recently paid about 4.5K for the first paid service of our car. And talk about spare part/accessories costs, some are just outrageous.

Drive safe.
well I can personally attest to the way their dealers handle customers.. I almost took Sunny but their dealers made sure they delayed my TD long enough for me to give it up. They even had the audacity to tell me to book without the TD

But regarding services outlet , I heard they are opening new service centres here in Bangalore. So I guess thats a step in the right direction for them and all of their spares are being produced locally in Chennai so i am not sure the cost of spares should be high compared to say a Volkswagen or Skoda. And finally,we should give them sometime. The more Sunny/Micra sales, the more service centres will begin to pop up!!
btw the comparison was between a Renault and a Nissan. I would rather go with the Nissan dealers/Service centres than the Renault ones who havent done much despite being longer here.
Old 2nd July 2012, 10:56   #37
Senior - BHPian

Might get Pulse just coz it has the optional airbag over Micra. Sad that both dont have ABS. The push/start/keyless stuff is fun. The engine, well, its well described by many here; brilliant!
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:09   #38
BHPian

drove my friend's micra diesel and i must say, it's brilliant! very comfortable seats, front and back, great driving position and seemingly powerful engine. imo it's pretty close to the legendary swift in driving pleasure.
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:19   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantmohan View Post
drove my friend's micra diesel and i must say, it's brilliant! very comfortable seats, front and back, great driving position and seemingly powerful engine. imo it's pretty close to the legendary swift in driving pleasure.
Yep But the kinda feminish look as well as lack of ABS(dealer say so) was the deal breaker for me when i was in the market looking for a hatch!!
Old 23rd August 2012, 12:47   #40
Senior - BHPian

It goes totally out of logic why both Renault and Nissan are sitting pretty with flogging sales of both these near identical twins. As said earlier the ride and build quality way up there and even better than other offerings in the market. There must be a lot of people who are waiting endlessly for their Swifts due to the production hitch and planning to buy some other competent car and for sure these two fit the bill, nearly.

One of the main issues with a lot of potential buyers is the lack of ABS. Can't these guys get this and simply plonk one at least to their top end model and give as an option to the next one. I am sure such features are present and mandatory in the cars they export out of the same factory. Come of guys wake up!

Last edited by girishglg : 23rd August 2012 at 12:50.
Old 15th October 2012, 22:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

The Renault still dont have their own service center at Trivandrum and they get it serviced at the MM showroom. Is it the same case of ROI?
Old 16th January 2013, 16:33   #42
Senior - BHPian

With the sales of the two siblings now hovering just above the three digit mark with average sale of Micra at around 700 and Pulse around 500, seems like even the twin sale strategy is not working out for Renault-Nissan.

Also the fact that Renault does not have their own workshops leave alone sales counters in big cities like Trivandrum is a big surprise and is a clear omission. This will not give any confidence to potential buyers if they have to visit another company's A $ % and given that it is from M & M.

A case in point is an independent dealership in a city like Mysore has yielded rich dividends with huge offtake of their popular Duster which should be a clear indication to them on how they should operate and get their acts in place for their hatches too.
Old 7th December 2013, 09:51   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The Renault still dont have their own service center at Trivandrum and they get it serviced at the MM showroom. Is it the same case of ROI?
Recently visited Renault Service center in the center of the city, behind Variety Towers, Statue General Hospital road. Renault is building a good foundation.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/autos/...1-1076479.aspx
Attached Images

eatdust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 14:28   #44
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...op-manual.html

Here is the workshop manual for micra / pulse
eatdust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 09:49   #45
BHPian