View Poll Results: Which would you buy?
Renault Pulse Diesel 120 70.59%
Nissan Micra Diesel 50 29.41%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2012, 14:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

Renault Pulse Diesel vs Nissan Micra DCi

It is the inevitable question on ones mind is which one to buy when we think of the two siblings The Renault Pulse and Nissan Micra siblings or shall we say Twins separated at birth. We consider the Diesel avatars since the Pulse is currently available only with this heart. Read more in these threads and all the stuff available on both these hatches before casting your vote and tell us why did you do so

Renault Pulse Diesel
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/auto-e...po-2012-a.html

Nissan Micra DCi
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...a-1-5-dci.html

Last edited by girishglg : 12th January 2012 at 14:19. Reason: Mods: Pls add a vote: Which one would you buy with the two options. Else pls delete this and will create a new one
Old 12th January 2012, 14:58   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Renault Pulse Diesel vs Nissan Micra DCi

While both the cars are essentially the same except for some minor cosmetic tweaks, it is too early to comment on the difference unless someone from the Team has driven the Pulse. I expect minor difference in suspension tune.

Last edited by .anshuman : 12th January 2012 at 17:09.
Old 12th January 2012, 16:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

I prefer the Micra to a Pulse, any day. The Pulse is nothing but a rebadged Micra. One thing majorly missing in the Pulse is Renault character.
Old 12th January 2012, 16:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

I saw a full page ad in the newspaper today for the Pulse. Fail to understand why Renault Nissan is averse to giving ABS in their Diesel hatchbacks.

The Pulse with ABS would have been a very good differentiator when compared to the Micra. But now it's anybody's' guess based on the specifications/ features at least.

Waiting for the official review.
Old 13th January 2012, 15:49   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Girish,

As per your reported post, a public poll has been added to this thread.

My choice would be the Pulse Diesel, primary reason being I find the Micra's face way too feminine for a car I'd be driving. Have recommended the Pulse & Micra to a good number of folks for the superb diesel engine, quality interiors and light controls.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 17:32   #6
BHPian

Both the cars looked alike but when I saw the sportily done version of Pulse I fell for it. So Renault Pulse it is for me.

Also points for Renault for choosing only diesel version as that makes sense. Only thing they will not be able to say that "Get you "Pulse" racing at 3.8Lacs"and instead they would have to say "Get your pulse racing at 5.7L"
I also think the interiors (probably higher versions) of Pulse had better colors than the tones of light grey in Micra.

I also wish if Renault had kept the tuning of the suspension like the Logan er Verito which would make the car nice to drive.

My suggestion would also be to give the Yellow sportz version a VGT engine of the same 1.5dCi engine and up the game.

Last edited by figo_mba : 13th January 2012 at 17:33.
Old 13th January 2012, 17:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

Purely on basis of looks I like Pulse more than Micra. As a company Nissan is more established in India than Renault but at the same time Renault is putting the right steps forward so far. Therefore Pulse it is for me.
Ym-enjn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 18:35   #8
BHPian

There should have been a third option.
'None'
It would have made the poll even more interesting. While I don't like either of the cars (primarily because of styling), Pulse is more appealing.
Old 13th January 2012, 18:36   #9
BHPian

The sporty version of Pulse that they showed in the expo...the yellow one with black decals and side skirts is really eye-catchy. Also the front grille is much better than the one on micra. Call it micra's evil twin. With both the cars almost similar, the only difference I see is with band value. Japanese or European.
Old 25th January 2012, 02:29   #10

Having just bought a Nissan Micra DCI, I guess my choice should be biased - but this is why it is. (These are my personal views only and I do respect that everyone is entitled to their own)

I checked out the Pulse at the Auto Expo, and I must agree that it reduces the curved effeminate character of the Micra, though only from the front. In my opinion this leaves it neither here nor there. The Micra is a well thought of car in totality - even if it is effeminate, it is purely so. Besides not all men need sharp, block chiseled cars to announce their masculinity.

Secondly, the Pulse has been launched 'after' the Micra in India. This really doesn't manage to keep it in equal public opinion. I overheard viewers at the Auto Expo call it a copy of the Micra. Not all consumers are aware of the Nissan-Renault relationship. I guess even most Micra owners would not be aware that the engine within their cars is a Renault.

Thirdly, Pulse should have been in a different color palette. It isn't. Even the famous yellow is not in the official brochure. Most colors and the interiors are ditto to the Micra (except the upholstery). The keyring too!

Yet another small point - the semi-aware Indian buyer probably thinks better of a Japanese brand than a French brand. Also, of the three Nissan showrooms Ive visited before my purchase, the salespeople sell Nissan using its history in the Indian army - the famous Jonga and Patrol were both Nissan. Renault has no history in India in that sense.

So I guess that leaves me with little regret of the Pulse being officially launched within 15 days of me buying a Micra.
pinksaturday is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 08:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

I feel the Micra scores slightly above the Pulse just for the simple reason that it was launched earlier and has an edge. It waits to be seen whether the Pulse matches or exceed the Micra in sales. If Micra does look feminine wonder why they used Ranbir Kapoor as the brand ambassador.

Since both the engines are the same it all depends upon the features and the pricing which will make one more masculine that the others. My choice however would be the Pulse.
Old 27th January 2012, 00:15   #12
BHPian

The Renault Pulse would make an exciting case if they have made tweaks to the chasis.
A re-tuned suspension that offers a more sportier ride would add a favorable twist towards the Pulse.

Looks front (pun intended), The grill(e) work on the Pulse is much better than that of the Micra.
Old 27th January 2012, 12:29   #13
BHPian

Any time Renault Pulse for me, as I find Micra very girly design over to Pulse.
Front and rear look of Pulse is somewhat interesting compare to Micra's round look allover.
Old 27th January 2012, 13:25   #14
BHPian

Let me put this in another perspective. For those who intend to mod the car I suggest that Pulse is a better alternative; reason being that the Fluence shares the same engine block so with a bit of push and shove to the metal I think we can fit in the head assembly of the bigger car along with the inter-cooler to the Pulse.
This would be a potent machine and a worthy diesel contender to the crown that the Palio GTX released 10 years ago still wears.

Yeah I do know the Nissan too has the same block but I guess getting the block from Fluence will be easier if we have the car from the same stable.

Since the engine block remains the same the RTO also should not have a problem I guess.
Old 27th January 2012, 14:11   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksaturday View Post
Having just bought a Nissan Micra DCI, I guess my choice should be biased......
pinksaturday has summed it well, this is what an average buyer would see these two cars.

For me, its Pulse anyday purely because I love the front look, everything else is identical.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks