Renault Pulse Diesel 120 70.59%
Nissan Micra Diesel 50 29.41%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2012, 20:22   #16
BHPian

Re: Renault Pulse Diesel vs Nissan Micra DCi

Pulse for me & Micra for my wife.

The rear of Pulse can be matched to its aggressive front with the help of spoilers, wider tyres, smoked tail lamps etc.

Renault has an F1 team whereas Nissan does not.
Old 15th February 2012, 23:39   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
The Renault Pulse would make an exciting case if they have made tweaks to the chasis.
A re-tuned suspension that offers a more sportier ride would add a favorable twist towards the Pulse.
Checked with the TOP guy of Renault HYD.
He had indicated the following

Pulse is effectively an improvised version of the Micra with

1) Better brakes
2) GC upped from 160 to 165
3) As a part of the Pulse training program for internal employees, it was indicated that the Pulse also has stiffer springs compared to Micra
(Spring rates however were not revealed)

In addition to this, I also took a test drive of the Pulse.
The engine does not seem eager, but the lack of weight adds agility to the car. It is aptly complimented with a light steering.
The car is chuckable and puts a smile.

I particularly liked the RxZ variants alloys wheel design as well.
The Pulse for me is a well-rounded package with an edge towards the darker sex.
Old 16th February 2012, 21:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

I had checked out these two cousins side by side this past week. I personally found the Micra more appealing though the looks are relatively more feminine.

The reasons were that the interior colour on the base variant of Pulse had a brownish/reddish shade which didn't look pleasing to my eyes. Secondly, for an almost similar price, you get a start-stop button, electric mirrors on the Micra. Lastly, Nissan has a better presence than Renault at least looking at the current market scenario.

However, what I am not aware of is the spare parts pricing & maintenance costs of both. The sales representatives at both showrooms told me that the paid services cost anywhere between 5-6K for the diesels (only Micra has a petrol sibling).

Does anyone have a spare parts price list & the labour charges for various jobs on the Micra or Pulse? If yes, please post them & a comparo would be great between Micra & Pulse.
Old 22nd February 2012, 19:30   #19
BHPian

Nissan Micra for me. Yes the Renault Pulse looks better of the two undoubtedly, but Nissan is better established in the country as of now. So that would mean more peace of mind as far as A.S.S. is concerned.
Old 29th February 2012, 12:18   #20
BHPian

I liked the pulse too. In fact on the way to booking it. I have already thanked GTO and sidindica for reassuring my decision.

Now, if I go for a 185/60/R15 Potenza G3 - Will it help resolve the poor braking to a smaller degree?

~koli.
Old 29th February 2012, 14:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolimuttai View Post
I liked the pulse too. In fact on the way to booking it. I have already thanked GTO and sidindica for reassuring my decision.

Now, if I go for a 185/70/R14 Potenza G3 - Will it help resolve the poor braking to a smaller degree?

~koli.
Edit - Erroneous tyre info edited.
Old 29th February 2012, 14:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Pulse anytime. I do not want to be seen in a girlie orange micra.
Thank god they did not launch micra in Pink.
Old 29th February 2012, 14:53   #23
BHPian

I vote for the Pulse. Yes, it is just because of the grille!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksaturday View Post
...the salespeople sell Nissan using its history in the Indian army - the famous Jonga and Patrol were both Nissan. Renault has no history in India in that sense.
Of course not in the exact same military sense, but aren't we forgetting the Renault Logan, which even sported a very prominent Renault badge, though it was sold by Mahindra?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
If Micra does look feminine wonder why they used Ranbir Kapoor as the brand ambassador
Simple! The fellow appeals to the ladies instead. But, let's not start off in that direction now.
Old 8th March 2012, 20:29   #24
BHPian

I voted for the Nissan Micra.

Keeping in mind both the machines are analogous, I will go with Micra. Essentially the deciders for me are Nissan's increasing brand visibility, ramp up of dealership, and how the brand is going with its India play. To top it, Nissan is Japanese and so going by general perception, Micra may be seen as more reliable, hassle-free, and offer peace of mind.

Yes, the girly front of Micra is a downer, but not a deal breaker. I think the black color camouflages the girliness to some extent - just my opinion.
Old 8th March 2012, 20:40   #25
Team-BHP Support

Long time, this discussion was due!
My main question was : How is the braking compared between two hatches?

I am told, Micro braking is not great. How is it for Pulse?
Old 30th March 2012, 15:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

It seems to be an overwhelming tilt towards the Pulse as of now. It definitely seems to be fresher package of the two. The common response has been 'oh thats a Micra right' - from the back until they saw the front prompting a - 'its different' response

Last edited by girishglg : 30th March 2012 at 15:55.
Old 30th March 2012, 17:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

Tell me, how is there any difference between these two cars. Under the hood, they are identical. The only change is the cosmetics.

That said, the Micra has better A.S.S and is slightly cheaper if I am not mistaken. Given that, I would have to vote for the Micra.
Old 30th March 2012, 21:15   #28
BHPian

Pulse looks better for me.
Besides despite its early start, Nissan still has dealerships only in Bangalore for the whole state of Karnataka. Renault, despite a later entry, has opened a dealership in Mangalore which is much closer to me.
I wonder what is keeping Nissan?
Old 26th April 2012, 13:49   #29
passionate1977

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members. We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 6th June 2012 at 14:18.
  Received Infraction
Old 9th May 2012, 13:55   #30
BHPian

Just did a TD on Pulse and I liked the way it responds to the throttle. Looks are also good with descent interiors. Missing ABS and USB support on Music system. Would try to TD Micra sometime later and see how it id different.

Does anyone know which one is costlier? I am given a quote of 7.1 L (on road Chennai) for RXL and 7.7L for RXZ (both with dual airbags). Did not check if there is discount as i haven't yet decided anything.

Following cars are also there in the list and would appreciate your suggestion/inputs that help me take a decision.

1. Chevy Beat
2. Toyoto Liva
3. Ford Figo

My requirements are
1. Diesel hatchback
2. Easy driving for ladies (my wife would be using it mostly for the city drive)
3. VFM
4. Decent looks and reasonable performance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks