Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2006, 19:08   #31
k36
BHPian

Take another set of test ride of Getz and Swift ... and let that be the deciding factor.
Old 24th March 2006, 19:53   #32
BHPian

Gets feels like a very solid car...However i suggest u go for the swift as its got a very sweet engine.
Old 24th March 2006, 19:53   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickuv
Thanks, i have gone through the pictorial comparison of Getz & Swift and that was awesome. But I m still in the same state to decide upon which car to go for.

I heard that getz has FE of about 9-10 KM/L where as swift got 11-13 KM/L. That is one plus point for swift in my terms, coz at the end maintenance matters.

And other hand the getz has more boot space and leg room, which is required for me when i am travelling with my whole family (May be once or twice in a year).

And for Palio I like that car alot but due to the present condition of the company i would avoid to look into that.

In some news i heard about HONDA JAZZ another premium hatchback, will be touching the indian roads soon. Whats your comments on JAZZ?

I dont like to drive the car which is common on the road, so I think, I will leave out the options for Indica (CAB), SANTRO, ALTO or WAGAN-R.
The FE is dependant on your driving style. The Swift's FE is marginally better than the Getz. The Swfit is pretty spacious but less so than the Getz. I suggest you go to the Maruti showroom and check out the Swift. If you feel the space at the front and rear is enough the Swift is a far better option than the Getz. I feel unless 2 people more than 6 feet tall are sitting one behind the other the leg space in the Swift is pretty good.
Old 25th March 2006, 13:08   #34
BHPian

i have swift but

i have swift but one thing i didn't liked is the various kinds of noise/rattling sound it produces..i got it attended but its of no use..

i think its poor assembly or quality..or wahtever it is..think of it..
Old 25th March 2006, 19:14   #35
BHPian

i 2 was waiting eagerly for honda-jazz but i heard from a few car experts that it wont be coming in near future, atleast not for the next 6 months.
Old 25th March 2006, 19:34   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo107
i have swift but one thing i didn't liked is the various kinds of noise/rattling sound it produces..i got it attended but its of no use..

i think its poor assembly or quality..or wahtever it is..think of it..
I have a swift too, and had rattling issues with rear seat. Got it fixed by Maruti engineers, and got free teflon coating done to the car as well complimentary for the troubles i had to go through
Old 25th March 2006, 20:08   #37
BHPian

if you can wait for 2 months more, Aveo U-va might be launch the hatchback version of chey-aveo. It will surely have the great looking interirors, good ground clearance, spacious, good FE (hopefully).
Old 27th March 2006, 01:47   #38
BHPian

Swift for sure! Getz is quite old and above all, Swift is good VFM!
Old 30th March 2006, 19:18   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip
Gets feels like a very solid car...However i suggest u go for the swift as its got a very sweet engine.
Also add a sweet though feeble exhaust note especially when revved
Old 3rd April 2006, 02:10   #40
BHPian

Swift is better than Santro because it has newer technologies and it has more awards to its credit. It's looks are European as well. Down 5-7 years Swift will remain new but Santro will become more and more older car. Moreover it has Maruti backing it. It's parts cost will also come down in coming years.
Old 3rd April 2006, 10:20   #41
mxx
BHPian

Swift is the best choice around. Best looks, great value for money, good handling, good performance, and good safety features too.
I has maruti service network too.
From what i learned from my friend who has a swift, the minor problems like rattles have been greatly reduced in new batches of swift.
Personally, i feel swift has a good build quality too.
Old 15th April 2006, 13:12   #42
BHPian

Swift has matured since its launch 11 months ago. Besides issues are getting cleared also. It has already quite a number of awards to its credit also. Besides it has Maruti service and high resale value ! Makes sense too

As per a recent sales chart on Aaj Tak, Alto was no.1 selling car in Inda followed by Indica, Wagon R, Maruti 800, Santro... in this order. Swift came in no 8. Swift is also fast picking upTop selling cars are covered under excise benefits of recent budget. Besides they have better FE which is what Indian consumer wants.

This is also proved as Honda City was also topper among sales as it's FE and looks are better besides resale value is also quite high.

Getz didn't feature in top 10.
Old 15th April 2006, 22:56   #43
BHPian

I feel Hyundai Getz fits the bill perfectly. IMHO, i feel the Maruti Swift is a much over-hyped car.

Cheers
Old 16th April 2006, 00:40   #44
BHPian

Well, you might want to reconsider and test drive Palio 1.6!

Among Getz and Swift, my recommendation is for Swift. It doesn't have much negatives going against it except for some minor build quality issues and a bumpy rear seat. Reportedly, rattles have been addressed in latest batch of cars. Front seat is the best place to be in a Swift and that's where you (and your future wife) will be.
Old 16th April 2006, 14:00   #45
BHPian

Swift is more VFM, but Getz is a better package. If the Getz is within your budget, it is a no brainer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks