Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2012, 16:29   #31
BANNED

Re: Which CNG car

Here is further info on exchange bonus + Cash discounts.
Attached Thumbnails
Which CNG car-getimage.dll.png  

Old 5th June 2012, 17:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

I think Maruti now offers special injectors for the CNG-fitted cars. So in terms of performance and FE, I would rate the Maruti stable higher than the others.
Old 5th June 2012, 21:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowlFlap View Post
Hi dipen,
Could you verify where you obtained this quote (for the base variant)? Curious about the 30k discount in particular - unless you meant discounts of another nature (freebies etc.)
Thanks.
Didnt really ask for Brio version wise discounts. For Maruti, I had called. For Brio, another collegue had called. I posted the EMT price jsut for comparision.
Best option is to call all dealers and check. In 30k I think it included corporate discount + freebies but no loan or interest discount, etc.
Old 5th June 2012, 21:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

@idea
I too was told of exchange bonus of 20000 on Maruti models. But this will really depend on your exchange car evaluation. When I said I have nothing to exchange. They said, then the discounts will be 30k for A-star, WagonR and Alto K10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
No, Hyundai provide factory fitted CNG kit in i10 just like Maruti WagonR. It is also available in factory fitted LPG kit.
I still believe that CNG is a dealer fitted option @ CNG Kit Available for Rs. 57,231
Also LPG factory i10 is available only with the 1.1 engine and not with the 1.2 Kappa.

You could refer : http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/BuyaHyu...SF_Prices.aspx to see all models

Last edited by dipen : 5th June 2012 at 21:17.
Old 5th June 2012, 21:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post

I still believe that CNG is a dealer fitted option @ CNG Kit Available for Rs. 57,231
Well may be I am wrong but I have seen many i10s with the CNG sticker which comes with factory fit cars (sticker which you must have seen on front windshield of WagonR green). But if it is available as dealer fitment than also it is not bad idea as dealer fitment is covered by manufacturer warranty.
Old 6th June 2012, 08:09   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Didnt really ask for Brio version wise discounts. For Maruti, I had called. For Brio, another collegue had called. I posted the EMT price jsut for comparision.
Best option is to call all dealers and check. In 30k I think it included corporate discount + freebies but no loan or interest discount, etc.
Thanks dipen
From my initial inquiries, very few or no freebies on the base variant... but sorry for taking this thread so OT
Old 4th March 2013, 12:44   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hello Friends,

With hike in Petrol price last week, the cost of the fuel is Rs. 77.7 liter in Mumbai. I have a feeling that it might cross Rs. 80 per liter within next couple of months.

This means that city driving wil cost approx Rs. 6.5 / 7 per kms (comsidering city mileage as 12 or 13 KMPL).

I have came across used 2010 / 2011 Tata Manza petrol are really low prices. Recently a used car dealer offer me 2011 Tata Manza for Rs. 3 lacs.

Has anyone installed CNG kit in Tata Manza? Is there any ownership thead here on T-BHP?

Thanks,
Old 15th July 2014, 11:53   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
The i10 CNG fitted option is now available! Why not go for it?!?

Personally, I would just buy the i10 automatic and get a CNG kit fitted at Kwality Gas Centre at Sion. The Sardarji out there (Jitender) is a genius and can do a very good job with fitting and maintaining a good stock look. I just got my Verna done from him.
He had done 2 of my Accents prior to this.
Hi Frankmehta I am in a process of deciding about buying a new CNG Car or Converting my current car to CNG. Can you please give me more details about Jitender in Sion whom I can personally meet and get things done. I too stay at Sion so it would be very easy for me. You can PM me too if you want.

Thanks D-man.
Old 14th December 2015, 13:01   #39
CPJ
BHPian

Which Company fitted CNG car to buy for city usage?

Hello Team,
I'm planning to buy a company fitted CNG car, strictly for city use. My budget is fixed at around 5 lakhs on road in Pune. My monthly running for this car is around 1500 km and my major requirements are as follows:
  1. Company Fitted CNG with warranty.
  2. Good Fuel efficiency.
  3. Easy and Cheap to maintain.
  4. Good Resale Value.
  5. Powerful enough to handle the load of AC and CNG.
  6. No used cars.
We already have two diesel cars in the home and are firm on buying a CNG car as the availability of CNG is quite good in my area.

Based on the above requirement, I tried looking for the available options in the market and have found the following cars:
  1. Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 Lxi Green.
  2. Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Lxi Green.
  3. Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Lxi Green.
  4. Maruti Suzuki Celerio Vxi/Vxi(o) Green (Out of Budget)
  5. Tata Nano CNG. (Not Interested)
I also inquired with Hyundai dealers about CNG cars and they told me that there are no company fitted CNG cars from Hyundai. The CNG kit will be installed at dealer level with warranty and would cost 70,000/- on top of the cost of car you select, which leaves Hyundai out of the race.

I have already test driven Alto, Alto K10 and Wagon R. Based on the test drives, I'm really confused between Alto K10 and Wagon R. Both the cars match my requirements. The price difference between the two after discounts is around 75000/- Rs and that's what creating the confusion. I'm trying to understand if it is worth paying 75,000/- more for Wagon R.

On the other hand, one of the biggest problem that I'm facing in this purchase is that, all the company fitted CNG cars are so poorly equipped that it feels like the manufacturer's don't want us to purchase a CNG car. In case of Alto K10 Lxi Green, the only thing you get is power steering and AC, that's it. There are no power windows, no left hand side rear view mirror, no central locking, no 12V power outlet, forget music system there is not even an antenna. Now the fact is no one is going to use a car like that and even if I get the basic accessories installed, I'm looking at an expense of close to 25,000/-..

Its really frustrating to know in my limited budget of 5 Lakhs you can a get so many feature rich new petrol cars such as the Renault Kwid among others or for that matter even a AMT variant of the Alto K10 but when you think of company fitted CNG cars, all you get is bare-bone cars with power steering and AC.

So team, please help me figure out which CNG car to buy? Also do let me know if I have missed out on any other cars in my budget.

Mods: I tried looking for threads on CNG cars, but I felt the topic of Company fitted CNG cars needed a separate thread. Kindly move it to appropriate thread if you think otherwise.

Thanks.

Last edited by CPJ : 14th December 2015 at 13:03.
Old 17th December 2015, 23:07   #40
BHPian

Re: Which Company fitted CNG car to buy for city usage?

I would strongly recommend you to go with WagonR. I have seen many CNG WagonRs and have driven it as my relative has it and a good friend of mine has it as well. As WagonR is a segment higher than the Alto but is still very convenient to drive in the city traffic. The drivability is really good and the engine is very much fun too.

I heard that Hyundai launched Grand i10 and Xcent in CNG variants. I wonder why aren't they available with the dealers yet.

So yeah, WagonR CNG.
kvsingh13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 11:02   #41
CPJ
BHPian

Re: Which Company fitted CNG car to buy for city usage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsingh13 View Post
I would strongly recommend you to go with WagonR. I have seen many CNG WagonRs and have driven it as my relative has it and a good friend of mine has it as well.

So yeah, WagonR CNG.
Thanks kvsingh13, Wagon R is indeed a better choice, but is it really worth 75000/- more than Alto K10 for city use? I guess, I will have to go for another round of test drives and take it from there.
Old 20th December 2015, 11:16   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPJ View Post
Thanks kvsingh13, Wagon R is indeed a better choice, but is it really worth 75000/- more than Alto K10 for city use? I guess, I will have to go for another round of test drives and take it from there.
IMO it surely is.
We have a K10 Wagon R with factory fitted CNG at home, done over 557XX kms.
Unbelievable, but its throttle are better than my Swift in city. The seats are very comfortable, ingress and egress are excellent. Once inside, the good cabin space makes one feel more comfortable.
The ride is much better than Alto or even Celerio. Space, seats, ride quality are all better than Alto ( and Celerio ).

Infact, as a city car, there is nothing to find fault with. CNG efficiency with a light foot in city is around 18-20 in city where I reside currently.
The updated Wagon R has slightly better throttle response.
Wagon R, IMO is the best city car in Indian market today that can handle occasional highway runs too.

However, I case you are getting Wagon R, it would be nice to have parking sensors installed. The car is quite high for its size and while reversing there are chances that smaller bikes/two wheeler parked near the rear hatch or some obstacle with less height can be hit. It has happened with me.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 14:57   #43
CPJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
IMO it surely is.
We have a K10 Wagon R with factory fitted CNG at home, done over 557XX kms.
Unbelievable, but its throttle are better than my Swift in city. The seats are very comfortable, ingress and egress are excellent. Once inside, the good cabin space makes one feel more comfortable.
The ride is much better than Alto or even Celerio. Space, seats, ride quality are all better than Alto ( and Celerio ).
Thanks a lot for the valuable feedback aaggoswami . To be honest, even I'm tilting towards Wagon R, for the exact facts mentioned by you. I'm going to test drive both the Alto K10 and Wagon R again, back to back and would decide very soon.

Regards,
CPJ
Old 21st December 2015, 20:42   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPJ View Post
Hello Team,
Simply go for the WagonR. You will have a segment better car greater power, space and the awesome drivability of WagonR.

I would say - go for the WagonR with eyes closed!
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 14:24   #45
CPJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I would say - go for the WagonR with eyes closed!
Thanks for the feedback bluevolt. Wagon R is definitely a safe choice and is shortlisted by us.

Update:
As mentioned earlier, I went for another round of test drives and the Alto K10 is out of the race. Mainly because of lack of space and the bare minimum features it had to offer on the Lxi variant. Now while we were checking out the Wagon R and Alto K10, the Sales Lead came and asked me to check out the Celerio CNG as well. I test drove the Celerio and found it to be a competent car to drive.

The positives of Celerio CNG over Wagon R CNG are:
  1. Celerio is available in Vxi and Vxi (O) variant where as the Wagon R is available in only Lxi variant. This makes the Celerio much better equipped than Wagon R. The Celerio has all power windows, central locking, bigger tyres, Internally adjustable ORVM, among others.
  2. IMO the interiors of Celerio were better than Wagon R.
  3. Safety: Celerio Vxi (O) has driver and passenger Airbags.
After these test drives, we have shortlisted:
  1. Wagon R Lxi Green.
  2. Celerio Vxi (O) Green. (Vxi (O) is only 13,000/- expensive than Vxi variant but offers safety).
The Celerio Vxi (O) Green is around 60,000/- more expensive than Wagon R Lxi Green. Since this car is going to purchased on Loan, the EMI difference is not that much.

So team, Is Celerio CNG a good buy over Wagon R CNG?
The two share the same engine, come with factory fitted CNG, have 4 years/80,000 KM warranty and both are more or less equally spacious.

Regards,
CPJ

Last edited by CPJ : 22nd December 2015 at 14:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks