Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2006, 14:18   #31
Senior - BHPian

I always see Palio and Swift comparision.... A miracle would have been happened if Maruti marketed the Palio. Indian customer only see "Maruti" badge and will buy garbage for it. Maruti's biggest strength is there marketting and no doubt they have the biggest share in market. Its ok if Swift has won the Car of the Year... Even Palio, though being FIAT vehicle won it... People were aware of the FIAT *** still Palio managed to get 33K mark in its first year... Swift opted as car of the year does not make it miracle... Palio 1.6 is way ahead than Swift... FIAT at least did not sale old wine in new bottle... As suzuki is also well aware of the FIAT strength, Swift would be getting "FIAT MULTI JET" treatment done by the end of this year...

FIAT engneering is way way ahead than eastern crap.. We Indian compare size with money and this is the reason still we have a large garbage getting sold the most... If we put all our cars for Euro NCAP, imagine wht will left with Maruti to sell in India?? Anyways, Swift is a good car, and that does not make Palio bad.. Please dont compare Palio 1.6 with Swift... Both these are a total different animals.. Anyone driving Palio 1.6 and enough enthusiastic will never part way with the beast.. Let Swift and Palio be at their own place. Even Maruti never compares Swift and palio 1.6.. Wonder why.....
Old 2nd May 2006, 14:24   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivor
Just be careful that installing Autocop doesn't void your warranty. Car makers are pretty clear--any cutting of wires and your warranty is void. Try and install a security system from your Hyundai dealer to avoid this problem.
Thanks for the heads up on this fact. I will definitely confirm that my warranty won't become void if I install the security system after market.
Old 2nd May 2006, 14:48   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels
Let Swift and Palio be at their own place. Even Maruti never compares Swift and palio 1.6.. Wonder why.....
One, perhaps because the Palio isn't even on Maruti's radar--FIAT sold around 800 Palios last year (2005-06) while Maruti sold around 53,000 Swifts.

Now, that has nothing to do with how good or bad the Palio is compared to the Swift and vice-versa. Just business--if you were manufacturing something and had 80 percent of the marketshare in that space, you wouldn't be too worried about someone who had a 1 percent marketshare. You may not even be aware of that competitor!

Secondly, perhaps Palio 1.2 and Swift is an apt comparison. When the Swift 1.6 is released, then we have to see how it fares against the Palio 1.6
Old 2nd May 2006, 14:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

I dont think Swift will come in 1.6 version........... Maruti will infact try to decrease the CC to get benefit of small car excise duty... Neways.... Theres no need for people to understand how FIAT is one of the best eng company... Suzuki has already realized it... . Swift... will be having FIAT engine ie enough I guess................ Even Suzuki SX4 will be a jointly developed vehicle with FIAT .
Old 2nd May 2006, 15:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

Guys, for the record, I own a Palio.

I think we should cut out this "my car is the best" stuff. Someone says that Suzuki is looking for a dsl engine and has zeroed in on 1.3 multijet fiat engine. The fact is suzuki does not posess a potent dsl engine and because of the requirement that dsl engines are preferred in some parts of the world, they have asked fiat to license the engines for them. This is infact cheaper than developing on their own.

Likewise, Fiat is not so great when it comes to building offroaders and suzuki has done some in the past (for ex, grand vitara). Fiat for the same reason is utilizing suzuki's competence there. You can argue that Fiat has built Panda 4x4's but still they are no match to the ones that Suzuki has built before.

This is pure economic sense to partner with someone when there is a need to be done so.

BTW, most of SX4/Sedici is Suzuki's creation, except the dsl engine and the designing of the vehicle.

So, let us not start a war here. To each, his own.

BTW, the originator of this thread has already bought a vehicle of his choice and it is neither Palio nor Swift. Congrats on your buy.
Old 2nd May 2006, 15:32   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels
I dont think Swift will come in 1.6 version........... Maruti will infact try to decrease the CC to get benefit of small car excise duty... Neways.... Theres no need for people to understand how FIAT is one of the best eng company... Suzuki has already realized it... . Swift... will be having FIAT engine ie enough I guess................ Even Suzuki SX4 will be a jointly developed vehicle with FIAT .
Why, why are some of you Palio owners so rabid???? Why can't you guys accept that others have a choice and may choose what is different from what you have chosen?

Well, to answer you, the 1.6 Swift is supposed to be the high-end sports version, which will sell at a premium.

As for the Suzuki-FIAT co-operation, someone has already explained it well, so I won't bother.
Old 2nd May 2006, 15:36   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by decced
Hi,

Since this is the place to "Get a Team-BHP opinion on all your car purchase queries."; I though I'd get some opinions on the following:

1. I have (almost) decided on the Getz GLX. I think it's an absolutely Great car. I like the Hyundai build quality (for the price) and the clincher over the Swift was the space in the Getz, as compared to the Swift, coupled with the build quality issues with the Swift. Any opinions on whether I have made the right/wrong decision?
Getz is a bigger car with more space, but its seats are not comfortable especially at the back. Do take a test ride sitting at the back seat. From my friends i have heard getz FE in city as 8.5 to 9.5 kmpl which is not good.

If you are going to take loan, then your cost/month = emi + fuel cost.

if you buy a car with 13 kmpl it might turn out that a 7 lakh or 8 lakh car might turn out to be cheaper than getz

But for that analysis you need to do the computation say for about 5 years of ownership and assume the avg.petrol (estimated of course) for next 5 years....which i guess should be rs.80/litre. do this computation and you will surely be surprised.

for actual FE of any car, depend on your friends and not on website/magazines

Last edited by venkatrx : 2nd May 2006 at 15:38.
Old 2nd May 2006, 15:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivor
Why, why are some of you Palio owners so rabid???? Why can't you guys accept that others have a choice and may choose what is different from what you have chosen?

Well, to answer you, the 1.6 Swift is supposed to be the high-end sports version, which will sell at a premium.

As for the Suzuki-FIAT co-operation, someone has already explained it well, so I won't bother.
Why are you so rabid? You like Swift, you bought it! Good, close the chapter! Why are you now undermining Fiat and Palio???
Old 2nd May 2006, 16:11   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Why are you now undermining Fiat and Palio???
Pray give me an example of the above?
Old 2nd May 2006, 17:34   #40
Senior - BHPian

ivor and finneyp, why not just close the topic instead of digging into "who said what?"

If you think, you are attacked personally, please report to the moderators and they will take appropriate actions.
Old 2nd May 2006, 18:20   #41
Team-BHP Support

Emmm... I was looking at this thing going on for a while now. And to be very fair I think Ivor never made any issue out of the whole thing. FinneyP buddy will you stop baiting Ivor now? As it is this thing has gone off the rail for a while now... Do not hijack this thread please.
Old 2nd May 2006, 22:10   #42
BHPian

Ivor and finneyp i guess you guys are going way here which i don't feel is serving the purpose of this thread. Ivor, i think Finneyp is not interested in arguing about the Palio and the swift anyone soo will you please stop your discussions right away. Since you are a newbie here, i suggest you go through the "Announcements Section" of TBHP once again. BTW, Can you please take your Ferrari and Fiat and Swift discussion to another thread or open a new one if you feel like it. This thread is all about helping deceed with the purchase of his new Getz.

Last edited by prince85 : 2nd May 2006 at 22:16.
Old 2nd May 2006, 23:43   #43
Senior - BHPian

finneyp.... take it easy buddy.... all of us love the palio... but buy most of us will not till Fiat INDIA gets its act together...

Wonder if you guys have ever been to Italy... and interacted with these italians... Believe me You might just NEVER buy anythign Italian again! .. Before anyone asks - I did... and I WONT!! (IM-very-personal-HO)

CHILL
Old 3rd May 2006, 00:28   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Ivor, i think Finneyp is not interested in arguing about the Palio and the swift anyone soo will you please stop your discussions right away. Since you are a newbie here, i suggest you go through the "Announcements Section" of TBHP once again. BTW, Can you please take your Ferrari and Fiat and Swift discussion to another thread or open a new one if you feel like it. This thread is all about helping deceed with the purchase of his new Getz.
Excuse me, but would you please read my postings before stating that I am arguing about the Palio and Swift and spoiling for a fight? And before you tell me what to read as a Newbie?!

- Ivor
Old 3rd May 2006, 10:04   #45
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thread Closed. Has been discussed enough.

GTO
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks