Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2006, 12:00   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
inhellwemeet, none of these choices will suit your needs completely. They will all meet your needs as a daily driver but come Friday evening or Saturday morning, they will all fall woefully short.

An estate might do the trick in which case I suggest you take a look at the Marina (slightly over your budget in diesel form).

You have not indicated whether your wife or Mom or Dad can drive. If one of them can (just for the weekend), I suggest you keep the Esteem and go in for the Xeta (absolute VFM and can take lots of abuse). This way, your daily driver needs are met and you get to take 2 cars to the farmhouse each weekend. Assuming you have parking space for 2 cars!
Good suggestion I really love my Esteem... but problem with parking...
Old 31st May 2006, 21:18   #17
BHPian

It's now almost June. Let's see what the new hatch cars are going to look like in second half of 2006. Maruti, Mitsubishi, Hyundai, Chevrolet, Honda, Skoda and others, show us your stuff now.
Old 31st May 2006, 21:52   #18
BHPian

Hi inhellwemeet,

Looking at the options u have mentioned swift or getz would make a good one...but swift lacks in boot space and getz in VFM

I donot know about XETA looking at the threads i donot want to suggest TATA to any one, quality and build of TATA's

I own a palio 1.2, gr8 car, service is a concern but with bosch service centres, wil not be a problem at all...it has lot of space, good boot space, well built...and so on

But again skoda fabia, new palio, chevrolet, honda are all planning to launch their hatch......personally i feel it would be worth the wait
Old 31st May 2006, 22:03   #19
BHPian

I am waiting for toyota and esp Honda to launch gud hatchbacks...
Swift,Getz and palio will be history in no time.
Old 1st June 2006, 11:10   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbuster
I am waiting for toyota and esp Honda to launch gud hatchbacks...
Swift,Getz and palio will be history in no time.
True - a Honda Fit/Jazz (NHC in hatch form) with a 1.3/1.5 iDSI and VTEC versions, with great interiors and spacious like the NHC, and better FE, priced at 5-6L would surely rule the market like the NHC.

Honda has plans for a small car - but only around 2008 timeframe - right now they might be too busy with the Civic and the new Accord/CRV.
Old 11th June 2006, 00:53   #21
BHPian

That's correct. Newer Hatches will be a lot more better and will challenge C segment where there is no clear winner. But only when Hatch segment opens up before C segment does.
Old 11th June 2006, 20:28   #22

Hi all, the wait is over, I waited enough and have decided to go for car his month end. Today I went to the local Tata dealer, Manipal Motors took a test drive of Xeta. First impression just fell in love with Indica Xeta. I was expecting a better than Indicab kind of car, but was astonished to see the much better car with some class interiors. I took it for a long test drive, pretty peppy car, good pick up, smooth drive topped 100kms/hr. The noise was as less any good japanies cars around. Few negatives were placement of the power windows switch, bit akwardly placed, AC not that effective, gears are bit ridgid. But in general a good package all together.

I would like some guidance from the Team-Bhp experts around.

1) Help me decide whether to go for GLG (3,65,974 on road) or GLX (3,97,407 on road). The major difference is GLG lacs in the rear power windows and the rear Rear Wiper with wash/wipe.

2) Planning to go for an alloy wheel. Can you suggest me the wheel size and tyre make.

3) Can u ple suggest a good Music system around 15k budget.

Regards,
IHWM
Old 12th June 2006, 15:28   #23
BNB

1 month review XETA

Hi,
I have indica GLG,a month back i purchased it.
it gave me 15kmpl on highway(fully loaded 5 persons+luggage). I have not yet checked with in city limits.Many say, After first service FE will improve,not sure about this.
I am happy because, All 3 were comfortably placed in rear.Anyway,It is too early to pass the judgement,I will provide another review after 3 months.

GLG is the best buy compared to GLX, bcoz GLX u will get rear power windows & wiper, but you have to pay extra 33k to 35k. If you can afford you can go for that.

you can also go for GLG & u can fit rear power windows on your own but that unit will not be under drives control.

better option is to go for GLS & get all 4 power windows from outside, every thing will be under drivers control.
but here u will not be getting a heater.

regarding music system, 15k you can easily go for pioneer or blaupunkt bermudaa system, with JBL or blaupunkt systems.

One of the best in bangalore is AUTOSHOP, in koramangala,bangalore,behind ROBERT BOSCH & their another branch is at padmanabhanagar,near DG Fuelpump.

Thanks
BNB
Old 17th June 2006, 13:25   #24
swaminathanms

B segment Choices??

Hi,
Im looking at buying a B/B+ segment hatch. The current choices are Getz/Swift/Palio. But there is quite a bit of news about the new launches in the segment like the Aveo U-VA, Fabia Hatch, Honda Jazz. Is there possible timelines for these launches or should i just go ahead and pick from the existing ones?

-Swami

Old 17th June 2006, 17:01   #25
BHPian

Had a look at new Zen in AutoCar mag and found its interiors pretty good. It will be out in 2-3 months, I think it worth a wait. Also Mitsubishi is launching Colt this year only. Revamped Getz too is expected to arrive soon.

Skoda Fabia is the one which is not coming so early and if it is coming anyway its gonna priced in 7-8 lakh range.
Old 17th June 2006, 23:37   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Suggest u wait till the October of this yr to decide on ur choice. Car cos are often very fickle when it comes to disclosing any new model launhces ahead of time
Old 18th June 2006, 11:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

Swift is the best all rounder while palio is the hottest hatch around. forget the rest that are to come this year or which are already in the game.
Old 14th May 2008, 00:19   #28

Aveo UVA or Palio Stile? Which one suites my requirements?

Hi Friends,

I am buying my first car and my budget is 5laks. please advice me as:

I do mind:
  1. Driver legspace: (i am a tall guy and i need to get in & out the car without much effort even the back seats are occupied.)
  2. Reliability - lesser service center visit.
  3. Driving pleasure: under 50-60KM/hr on highways (Can you understand me??)
  4. Comfort inside - (seating, AC, suspension etc.)
  5. Driving comfort - gear shift, breaking, steering response etc. to drive in a city with no dividers - I need a car built for the driver.
  6. Looks - love at first sight - exteriors & interiors. (not everyone is going to look into the spec)
i dont mind:
  1. Great power - need a reasonable power for a hatch back - i never race.
  2. FE to an extend: i dont travel a lot.
  3. VFM to an extend - (but i will never go for a fabia )
I narrowed down my search to the following:
  • an Aveo UVA
  • a Palio Stile 1.6/Diesel
  • a Swift (but even my family doesn't like its looks)
Or do you have any suggession? Please share your thoughts...

Does desel engine means only FE? or does that Multijet engine add anything to the ride quality?

Thanks a lot in advance..
Old 14th May 2008, 09:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

Suprised you didnt opt for the Getz ! Uva is a good car but its has received a lukewarm response. Palio Stile is quite dated when it comes to interiors. I would not suggest you the Stile. I would suggest you to go for the Getz. Its got plenty of room, excellent gearshift, good A**. But i would nt call the Getz a VFM. At 5.3-5.4 on road ( approx) for 1.3 GLS its quite a steep price. But it will suit all your needs. Cheers!
Old 14th May 2008, 09:56   #30
BHPian

The Getz (1.1 or 1.3 - I recommend 1.3) will definitely solve your purpose. It addresses all the 6 priorities listed by you.

The Aveo-Uva also fulfills almost all the requirements. The only negative is not so good interiors – test drive both and make a decision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks