Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2006, 19:11   #16
BHPian

I would highly recomend the new scorpio: -

1) FE - Should be in the range of 11 to 12 (CRDE)
2) Seating Comfort - Much improved in the new version. you also get to decide on seating config while ordering and therefore flexibility.
3) Power - Ample power on tap. Crde engine is incredible, very refined.
4) A/c - Very powerful, you'll find yourself using the thermostat.
5) City driving, bad roads - One weak link. But with the new set up it is much better than the leaf spring suspension. Bad roads - No worries.

I have driven this vehicle up the Himalayas and back on some of the harshest terrain imagineable. Apart from a few squeeks that some TLC took care of, there is nothing I can complain about.

I think the Scorpio would be the way to go. Suits your budget too.
Old 18th April 2006, 19:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Fe

hi there

i am looking for an FE of atleast 12+, this is why i was seriously considering diesel too. frankly it must be a car that i keep for a long time and resale value is the least thing in my mind now.

if i spend about 8 lacs + and still got to keep fuelling with petrol, imagine the costs! it ll blow out of proportion for a guy like me.
Old 18th April 2006, 21:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Sriky, in 5 - 5.5 lacs range, the best buy will be Palio D. And for 7 - 8 lacs, NHC is the right one!
Old 18th April 2006, 23:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Sriky, in 5 - 5.5 lacs range, the best buy will be Palio D. And for 7 - 8 lacs, NHC is the right one!

Finney my dear friend, as i said earlier, i just love the palio no matter how dated it gets, but i m seriously angry with the way FIAT as a company has managed things here. they are not kids and if tata and birla can do it, why not fiat? do you think skoda was here for years together? didnt they get customer respect? this is one point that is bothering me daily.

even if FIAT launches new models like new palio/punto etc, tata will put a spoke in FIATs sales aspects which is going to be like a handicapped FIAT trying to sell whatever tata asks it to. anyways, i see more than the company, i do see the car as well in the right respect, but if the company doesnt take care of its customers i think for every single spare part i ll be running from pillar to post, just like the way old people run around the pension office for pension!

i guess i m ending up with honda city, and scorpio on the other end. just have to see how much of funds i can pour into this venture. the optra hatch and the aveo uva should be worthwhile waiting for. i just hope they havent screwed up the dashboard of aveo hatch too. how could they design it like that where it hits tall peoples left leg !!
Old 19th April 2006, 05:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

as u already have a hatch I will ask you to look at suv.

The Scorpio CRDE will give you around 8-10. And you will surely be one proud owner.

THe latest versions are still going at the same price.

otherwise look at the indigo, indigo marina. Is robust,FE, spacious and VFM.

NHC ride is not good but bumpy. And 77hp is not even quick for a car that weighs more than a ton.
Old 19th April 2006, 12:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Sriky, be honest with yourself! Did u face any problem with respect to Service or Spares when you owned the Palio? Atleast, I didn't face any issues for the last 2 year I own a Palio. I agree, Fiat India didn't market their great Cars properly & Service too was below acceptable standards. But, now they are improving! Sales has soared high after the Tata tie-up. And service too is better now with Tata dealers servicing Fiat cars. And there are multibrand Service centres too who service Fiat cars. So, please cheer-up and enjoying driving a Fiat car!
Old 19th April 2006, 13:27   #22
BHPian

1 FE [NHC if petrol, if Diesel lot of choices]
2 Seating comfort [Baleno is number one within the 8 lakhs segment]
3 Power [NHC Vtec, Baleno]
3 AC [Baleno.....no competition here]
4 City driving, bad roads [I felt Aveo was the best here with GC of 181 mm]

BTW, if you are open to the big Innova, I think that should meet all of your requirements.

Otherwise, test drive Aveo, Baleno, NHC.
Old 19th April 2006, 14:38   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
I know I'm way off-topic here but Indica a small car and not a hatch?
Exactly my question. Or rather, my astounded thought. I guess for someone looking at a 8lac+ car anything sub 5 is always a small car irrespective of its size... I am sure most Marutis will only figure as Micro cars in his book.
Old 19th April 2006, 16:54   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik
1 FE
2 Seating comfort
3 Power
3 AC
4 City driving, bad roads
go for accent CRDi if not much highway travel is done. cause the only thing negative i have heard about accent is its very sensitive to adultrated fuel which we get plenty on the highways. else people have reported a mileage of 16+ in city that too diesel. it cant sound better. quite comfortable seats and if power ever becomes an issue, go for pete's box from what i have heard on this forum. ac is good and the suspensions are also good. though they might not b the best indepently against its competitors overall it will score very high on the list.
Old 19th April 2006, 17:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik
1 FE
2 Seating comfort
3 Power
3 AC
4 City driving, bad roads
Just a glance at the priorities and only one car comes to mind, which has the optimal mix of all the attributes listed above - the Baleno. And as a bonus, it comes at an affordable price (much within your budget).
Old 20th April 2006, 13:55   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Just a glance at the priorities and only one car comes to mind, which has the optimal mix of all the attributes listed above - the Baleno. And as a bonus, it comes at an affordable price (much within your budget).
Hey Supreme, You sound like the Baleno Marketing Guy

I agree Baleno matches most of his requirements except FE....
another problem, with bad road, its better to have higher GC like that of Aveo......Even NHC is a lot better with the ZX series.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks