Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2006, 10:24   #16
BHPian

I would suggest you go in for a new M800 since its the only car in your budget which you can buy brand new. So it would be relatively trouble free in the early years. Or else you can slightly increase your budget an buy the Alto lx.

Sorry dude, i am not one for a second hand car especially in your case where 2nd hand cars are priced insanely high in your area.

Cheers
Old 21st April 2006, 11:14   #17
BHPian

Manish, Zen/Alto/Santro are anyday a step above M800. So I would always recommend you going for a used Zen/Alto/Santro.

But the prices you were quoting are exorbitant even by Bangalore standards. I am not sure about the Pune prices, any help from Pune pals?

A word of caution. You need to have a serious level of expertise on cars/market prices while selecting a used car. Alteast grab someone you can trust and take his opinion before closing the deal. Else go for the new M800. Eventually peace of mind is what we want right?
Old 21st April 2006, 11:28   #18
BHPian

Could you pls let me know which prices are sounding "very high"?
I have asked in 8-10 shops now and prices are almost same. I think main reason for high prices is that even new cars are expensive in Pune. However, Mumbai-Pune prices are more or less same but Mumbai prices are slightly on lower side because due to humidity & sea usually Mumbai vehicles have high level of corrosion.

Direct seller prices will be lower....but I am not finding any direct seller now. :(

- Manish
Old 21st April 2006, 11:39   #19
BHPian

See these listings, most prices are close to what has been quoted to me -

http://www.indiacar.com/index2.asp?p...m&price=240000
http://www.indiacar.com/index2.asp?p...m&price=220000
http://www.indiacar.com/index2.asp?p...t&price=250000

So I am wondering if it is a common trend here.

- Manish
Old 21st April 2006, 12:00   #20
BHPian

If you plan to have 2 cars (sometime in the future say 3-4 years down the line), M800 is a better choice because of lowest costs of ownership (right from insurance to spares ) and its quite good to drive in the city. Moreover, if you have such plans it makes sense to save up every buck for the next car!
Old 21st April 2006, 12:39   #21
Team-BHP Support

Manish7... I do not know where you looked for direct sellers. One option is if you have friends in major IT corporates then talk to them. Most of them have a classifieds section on their intranet where you may find some cars on sale at good prices in the city of pune.

The other option is to check at some good sites. Sulekha Classifieds immediately comes to the mind. Check the site and look for automobiles/cars for Pune. There are tonnes of listings made out for cars on sale. Check the latest ones for pune and contact the sellers.

Happy hunting dude
Old 21st April 2006, 13:24   #22
BHPian

Intranet definitely is my first choice...including friend's corporate intranet. Bu not getting many posts there these days...

Let's see...btw, did you see the links I posted. They all suggest that the prices are in the range that I mentioned.

- Manish
Old 22nd April 2006, 10:47   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7
Could you pls let me know which prices are sounding "very high"?
I have asked in 8-10 shops now and prices are almost same. I think main reason for high prices is that even new cars are expensive in Pune. However, Mumbai-Pune prices are more or less same but Mumbai prices are slightly on lower side because due to humidity & sea usually Mumbai vehicles have high level of corrosion.

Direct seller prices will be lower....but I am not finding any direct seller now. :(

- Manish
Okay Manish. As I said, I do not know the condition in Pune. What I can suggest is, please search the threads here and you would find the required information. You can also see AutoCar, which has used car prices along with the new car listing- The prices have not been updated for some time, so I think they are on the higher side.

Also you can try posing as a seller and approach the same used car dealers to get their prices!

Anyone from Pune would like to help?
Old 23rd April 2006, 00:24   #24
BHPian

I have tried this, and there is a significant difference (15000-30000) in buying & selling price and the shops I had approached were big sellers and cars were more or less refurbrished, and one informed me today that they also have to pay VAT on these sales. So maybe it's justified...

- Manish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks