Others 4 7.41%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2012, 10:18   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: Chevrolet SPARK or Hyundai EON. EDIT- Spark booked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

So, which one makes most sense out of the two? Are there any other options at this budget?
  • Please note that all Maruti and Tata vehicles are not considered, purely based on personal choice.
Ajay, among the two I would suggest you to go for the Eon Sportz. It seems to be decently kitted and offers good VFM. Not to forget, it has the much coveted Hyundai tag, and I would rate Hyundai as better in terms of the service network. Moreover, women will feel at ease driving this car in the city. Spark, although a good product, is a bit outdated now, while Eon is a new and fresh product.

Its a pity you haven't considered any Maruti products, any specific reason for that? Alto K10 VXi and A-star VXi are amazing products and have some good discounts going on now, in case you are willing to reconsider . Alto K10 VXi in particular, is quite well kitted and is effortless to drive in the city.

Your other choices in petrol hatches would be the Honda Brio E MT and the Nissan Micra XE petrol, both wonderful cars for women. They might be slightly costlier though, say around 30k more.

Last edited by KarthikK : 24th August 2012 at 10:21.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 11:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

The update is that we are now going to have a look at BRIO E-MT. I always loved the Brio since the day it was launched. If we can manage to squeez the Brio withing our ~4 lacs budget or may be another 20-30k more, I will freeze the search then and there only. The only issue is that E-MT is so poor on feature set. Lets see what my wife feels about it. Its a bit difficult to haggle for discounts on new products such as Brio and EON.

There is no LT-Option pack available now and there is no rear-wiper too. You only get rear defogger on the LT pack. Since, we will keep this car for a considerable time, resale value is not much of an issue.

I am going to check out offers on Micra/Pulse/Beat base models.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 12:09   #18
BHPian

Between the two, I would suggest the Chevrolet Spark as it emerges as a better overall product. Even though the Eon is a newer product, its engine is as old as the Spark's and also a cyclinder less. The following are the advantages I see in Spark

- Performance
- Refinement
- Better road manners
- Better exterior build
- Better ride quality

The Eon may score on
- Better interiors
- Fuel Efficiency
Old 24th August 2012, 12:12   #19
BHPian

I would suggest you to Drive both the Cars side by side and take a call. I own Eon Magna+ just 3 weeks back and am satisfied with the car. I have Opted for 3/4/5 year extended warranty for 7K which includes Unlimited mileage + Road side assistance.

Eon August offer = 24,250/-
Brio August offer = Free Insurance* + RSA.
Micra Petrol = 44K Discount
Beat Petrol = Free Insurance + Fuel Coupon for 1800 kms.

* - Not applicable on E MT

The Engine on brio is a gem to drive. I some how felt the car seating is too low and dint like the Dash design and most important no offer on E MT.

Above offer applicable in Goa.

Last edited by Gurudatta Nayak : 24th August 2012 at 12:18.
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 12:46   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

The update is that we are now going to have a look at BRIO E-MT. I always loved the Brio since the day it was launched. If we can manage to squeez the Brio withing our ~4 lacs budget or may be another 20-30k more, I will freeze the search then and there only. The only issue is that E-MT is so poor on feature set. Lets see what my wife feels about it. Its a bit difficult to haggle for discounts on new products such as Brio and EON.

There is no LT-Option pack available now and there is no rear-wiper too. You only get rear defogger on the LT pack. Since, we will keep this car for a considerable time, resale value is not much of an issue.

I am going to check out offers on Micra/Pulse/Beat base models.

Good move Ajay! We got a Brio SMT in the family and everyone is happy. Although I haven't seen or driven the car, family members say It has good space for passengers and it drives better than the i10 1.2 kappa!

For discounts, we only got the insurance free and nothing else other than that. What the EMT lacks is ICE system, Remote Locking (Central locking is present) and rear power windows! If your back seat remains vacant most of the time, you should not be worried about that. Also you can have a decent and personalized music system which would be any day better than the stock system.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 14:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
I would suggest you to Drive both the Cars side by side and take a call. I own Eon Magna+ just 3 weeks back and am satisfied with the car. I have Opted for 3/4/5 year extended warranty for 7K which includes Unlimited mileage + Road side assistance.

Eon August offer = 24,250/-
Brio August offer = Free Insurance* + RSA.
Micra Petrol = 44K Discount
Beat Petrol = Free Insurance + Fuel Coupon for 1800 kms.
* - Not applicable on E MT
The Engine on brio is a gem to drive. I some how felt the car seating is too low and dint like the Dash design and most important no offer on E MT.

Above offer applicable in Goa.
Gurudatta,

Thanks a ton. Lots of useful info there. 44k on Micra sounds tempting. I will go and check Micra ASAP.

I have already driven the EON and it was nice and easy to drive. But, its my wife who is going to drive this car and she should like it.

I have lined up few TDs for tomorrow:

1) Spark
2) Brio
3) Micra
4) Beat

Lets see how things shape up. I think I would have something concrete by Monday morning.
Old 24th August 2012, 23:51   #22
BHPian

I was surprised you never considered the Brio in the first go and neither did anyone suggest. Anyways, Brio is a brilliant car with the super smooth engine (signature Honda). Extremely good looking car with nice interiors.

If I were you, my preference would be in the following order of preference-

1) Brio
2) Beat - nice funky interiors and and fun to drive.
3) Spark- a very competent car.

P.S - I would not even consider the EON for it's sluggish engine. Remember, though you're buying it for your wife, there would be a lot of instances wherein you'd be driving it as well and believe me, you would not like to drive a EON .
ironshark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2012, 11:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

I own the spark and its an excellent city car. Power and usable torque is available low down the rev band so you can potter around in 3rd all day without needing to downshift and I miss this feature in my new daily driver the Ritz vdi immensely. Fuel efficiency is 12-13 in city and 16-17 on the highways. The suspension setup is good but is not long lasting and is just not strong enough for driving around on rough roads consistently. Air con is good, refinement is very good and handling is safe and predictible. There are no rattles yet after about 23k kms so its decently built. The 3 years maintenance package really works well and I have not spent any money apart for fuel in my last 3 years of ownership. But reliability is iffy. Some have had trouble free cars some have not. I have had many parts changed in my car in my last 3 years of ownership. GM service is also pretty OK. But the EON is a newer car which is the most important thing in its favor. But purely car vs car, IMHO the Spark is a better car if you get a trouble free one.

Last edited by SPARKled : 25th August 2012 at 11:50.
SPARKled is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2012, 21:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

SPARK booked!

After extensive TDs of Brio, Micra, Liva and Spark, Spark won the competition. Things that went in Spark's favour were:
1) USP- 3 years/45000 KMs absolute free maintenance
2) @4,25,000 - Best features to price to power ratio
3) Immediate delivery

Final OTR- 4,25,000/-

Free accessories:
1) Mats
2) Mud flaps
3) Remote lock worth 5,800/-
4) Door sill plates (look pretty good)
5) Art leather seat covers (not confirmed yet)

Discounts:
1) Insurance free
2) Corporate discount

Colour: Sanddrift Grey

We have the PDI scheduled tomorrow morning at the dealer's yard. Two cars have been allotted to us. We will choose whichever looks best. Dealer says they are July 2012 manufactured.

Will update the thread with PDI experience.

Thanks a ton to all who voted and suggested.
Old 25th August 2012, 22:23   #25
BHPian

Congrats! Wish you happy miles in your new car. You have chosen the best color chevy! Do post initial report along with pics.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2012, 22:28   #26
BHPian

Congrats!! Sand drift grey is one awesome looking colour. I wish I had that one. I have a Caviar Black spark.
Get the roof done up in black and it'll look hot!

Also, does your car come with a stock antenna? If you're fitting it from the dealer or aftermarket then check and tighten it very properly because it is prone to leaks during rains where water seeps in thru the antenna and leaks in the cabin from the cabin lights.
Also I think the LT comes with a digital tachometer in the instrument console ?
Post a pic of that if possible.

All the best and hope you enjoy her !
Cheers.

Last edited by StrangeWizard : 25th August 2012 at 22:31.
StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2012, 07:42   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute
SPARK booked!

After extensive TDs of Brio, Micra, Liva and Spark, Spark won the competition. .
Interesting choice. Congratulations Ajay !!
Could elaborate on your observations from the test drives ?

Last edited by F150 : 26th August 2012 at 07:43.
Old 26th August 2012, 12:32   #28
Senior - BHPian

PDI done.

Checked all the usual suspects:
1) Tyres (YoM)
2) Music system - CD/Radio/USB/Aux
3) Power windows
4) Central locking
5) Wipers
6) Headlights/Fog lamps
7) AC
8) Remote tailgate/Fuel gate releases
9) Bonnet
10) Rusting if any

VIN:

VIN is MA6xxxGxCxxxx6974
7th Character: G = 7th month = July
9th Character: C = 2012

The dealer got 7 bookings for Spark LT Sanddrift grey in one day yesterday. Looks like everyone prefers LT variant and sanddrift grey color. Even today, two more families booked Spark LT, one in white and other in the sky blue shade.

We got 3 days/2 nights all paid trip to GOA as additional offer. So the total benefit is now around 45k.

Some pics from the yard:

Chevrolet SPARK or Hyundai EON. EDIT- Spark booked-dsc04309.jpg

Chevrolet SPARK or Hyundai EON. EDIT- Spark booked-dsc04311.jpg

This vintage Chevy car now adorns the dealer's reception area. Super interiors and huge presence. What a car!

Chevrolet SPARK or Hyundai EON. EDIT- Spark booked-dsc04313.jpg

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 26th August 2012 at 12:41.
Old 26th August 2012, 13:36   #29
BANNED

Excellent Choice! 45k discount on the Spark has been there for a long time.
I bought the Spark PS in Dec 2010 for a flat 50K cash discount(Cost me 3 Lacs on Road)
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2012, 13:40   #30
BHPian

Which tires did you get with the car? I have bridgestone s322.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks