Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2006, 20:03   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel
Off Topic : Have the prices for a used palio gone up since tata-fiat joined hands? Any feedback on the tata-fiat ***?
yes, checked and confirmed with Delhi second hand car dealers...in the range of 20K for a 2001/2/3 GTX. 1.6 GTX is still hard to find.

Hmm...this gives me food for thought, with new lancer automatic in hand, shall I let GTX let go and buy new model Palio 1.6 later this year? replies-replies guys!
Old 29th April 2006, 12:11   #47
BHPian

I have heard a couple of GTX's and though they did sound a little louder than Maruti cars (even the 800), none seemed as loud as a diesel. So, I guess you need the advice of old PAlio hands. Or maybe a visit to a service centre. Though I am not sure how helpful those guys can be for such subjective issues.
Old 30th April 2006, 20:50   #48
Senior - BHPian

DK, thats a subjective question and difficult to answer. I have never driven a Baleno or been in one so I don't know how the two cars compare to each other in NVH. Having owned a Matiz, Santro and Palio S10, I can tell you the Palio engine is the smoothest and most refined of the lot. Even otherwise, my car's engine never made a diesel like rumble at any speed. At higher rpm's the engine takes a distinctive italian sporty note but it's definately not a rumble. Best way for you to be sure would be to drive another GTX but don't drive a brand new one!
Old 30th April 2006, 22:01   #49
Senior - BHPian

I was stunned today by my friend.....He bought a used Palio GTX 1.6 for 1.5 lacs ...Its in damn good condition n done only 26000kms....The owner was in real hurry to buy a new optra...
Old 30th April 2006, 23:42   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
I can tell you the Palio engine is the smoothest and most refined of the lot. Even otherwise, my car's engine never made a diesel like rumble at any speed. At higher rpm's the engine takes a distinctive italian sporty note but it's definately not a rumble. Best way for you to be sure would be to drive another GTX but don't drive a brand new one!
Amit... the sporty rasp is indeed there. On idling or when I do not press the throttle... the engine is very smooth. This rumble? is apparent only when I press the accelerator. So am clueless.
No problems with pickup or the quick dash. This car is fast in a straight line. Moreso with the way it is built and thanks to the Potenzas.. the handling is amazing.
I think I will get a checkup done one of these days. Could a fanbelt etc contribute to this sound?
Any ideas?
Old 30th April 2006, 23:44   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
I was stunned today by my friend.....He bought a used Palio GTX 1.6 for 1.5 lacs ...Its in damn good condition n done only 26000kms....The owner was in real hurry to buy a new optra...
Huh?? What is the year of manufacture?
Your friend is a lucky guy. I probably paid around 10k more maybe. But 1.5lacs? Man... that is something else.
Old 30th April 2006, 23:50   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor
yes, checked and confirmed with Delhi second hand car dealers...in the range of 20K for a 2001/2/3 GTX. 1.6 GTX is still hard to find.
Try harder Rishi. Am sure you will find a good car.

Quote:
Hmm...this gives me food for thought, with new lancer automatic in hand, shall I let GTX let go and buy new model Palio 1.6 later this year? replies-replies guys!
Do you own a lancer automatic? Sorry but did not quite understand what you mean.
If you have the bucks... then there is nothing like a new car. However the palios have really depreciated in the used car market. If you get a car in good condition.. and spend some to get it to your level of liking then I guess you stand to save a lot of money.
Old 30th April 2006, 23:51   #53
BHPian

FYI guys,

http://www.autocarindia.com/new/Information.asp?id=1453
Old 30th April 2006, 23:57   #54
BHPian

Feedback time...

Most of the young guys in my apartment block were seriously excited seeing this car. This car exudes attitude and the GTX or the S10 are real head turners.
All the older guys had two opening questions... " nice car but why did you go for FIAT?" and the other one is " what is the 'average' that you get?"

The equipment level in this car is amazing. Hell even a sedan like my Baleno does not have all these goodies.

Engine rumble.....worrying me!! Will not be able to rest till I figure it out... all thanks to OCD.

Last edited by Dark Knight : 30th April 2006 at 23:58.
Old 11th October 2007, 20:31   #55
BHPian

two offers for 1.2 and 1.6GTX

Hi, me too came across a palio ad. Two different models actually.(i posted the query in another new thread). One is 1.2 and other 1.6GTX both 2002 models.1.2 did 43K on odo and 1.6 did 27K.
Am going to see both models tommorrow, but if some BHPian in hyderabad, who owns a palio, can help me with some advice, i would like to meet them first . So, if someone is free to help out, please mail to ' kcirevamATaolDOTin '. I will call you back. Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks