Team-BHP - Need Help - Pricing for Palio GTX
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Need Help - Pricing for Palio GTX (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/12582-need-help-pricing-palio-gtx.html)

Hello all,
I am in the market for a used Palio GTX. :)

After extensive reading of various forums it appears that a lot members have bought used palios.

I would greatly appreciate inputs regarding benchmark pricing on this car.
This will give me some figures to negotiate with potential sellers on.

Thanks in advance.

I don't see why you should pay anything more than 1.6 - 1.8L for around abouts a 2002 car, with 35-50000 clicks on the odo. I was scounting around for one myself till sometime back. Let's just say too many customers don't walk in through the doors looking for one. One guy dropped 12k within 5 minutes of me looking at the car, he was asking for 1.8L, about 6 months back.

Thanks ported_head.
Now the lovely in question is a 2003... 12700 km on the odo. In real good shape. All the accessories minus music system and remote locking.
I am really smitten. How much would you pay for this?

I would say around 1.9-1.95L. I'm no expert though.What is he quoting? Private seller or dealer?

2L. Private seller.
What say... should I go for it?
He is a professional...senior person. Does not seem the type to bargain.
I am totally in love with this car and really covet it.
I need some info tho... all my friends think that I am bananas to even think of the dreaded "FIAT".
What are your experiences with this car as far as ownership issues go and any particular dealer or service centre that you could recommend?

Hope this helps.

I brought a used palio S10 23000kms, well maintained for 180000/-, oct 2002 model (3 months back), even my seller was a "no nonsence kind of a guy"

I simply loved this car and was willing to pay 2 lakhs (That was his quote)

Some rules to follow when you are bargaining.

1. Never show that you liked this car, maintain a serious face.
2. while bargaining bring along a friend who can bargain on your behalf let him quote the final price, also crib about FIATS ***,low resale value in market ( You should say is 1.5lakh), no music system, servicing , Blah blah blah etc. (Dont crib too much it might piss him off)
3. In my case my friend bargained for me , I am not of the bargaining kind and I was in love with this car.

My quote of your car will be 1.80/85 max 1.9 not further.

Even my friends used to think I am mad to buy a palio.

Cheers and ALL THE BEST !!

Major

FRANKLY...
not a bad deal...

DARK NIGHT bargain hard. But even if he does not come below 2L buy it. Hell it has less than 13k on the odo.
Try and take some trustworthy mechanic to inspect the car...

Quote:

Originally Posted by major
Hope this helps.

My quote of your car will be 1.80/85 max 1.9 not further.

Even my friends used to think I am mad to buy a palio.

Cheers and ALL THE BEST !!

Major

Thank you for the wishes.
I too am not the bargaining type "sigh".
Currently my desire for owning this piece is so intense that it truly is clouding other aspects of the deal...the price mainly.
I will certainly try to better the 2L quote... but I hope it is not a feeble attempt. I get quite dreamy the moment i see this beauty.
Two things are planned for today.
One is a thorough check of the body including putting it on a lift.
Two is a longish test drive if it qualifies body wise.

Will keep the forum posted

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooldude1988765
DARK NIGHT bargain hard. But even if he does not come below 2L buy it. Hell it has less than 13k on the odo.
Try and take some trustworthy mechanic to inspect the car...

Haha... I tell you..I am at such a foolish stage that I would probably wind up doing this.

There is one problem with this car though. The fuel indicator is erratic.
Inspite of a full tank... it sometimes shows low fuel warning and then after a while the needle goes to full tank position.
Is this a serious problem?...
Or could it be just a loose connection someplace?

Thanks.

Again if you guys could really update me on ownership experiences and which service centre scores over the others in Mumbai....this would really help.

Ported_head, Major, cooldude, GTO... anyone????

Hey buddy

I cant help you on service centre/ ownership experience , I have purchased my beauty 3 months back no problems till date.But what you will see lots of heads turn towards your beauty, and a big smile on your face when you press the accelerator.

We have some PALIO GURUS in this forum who can help you like Amit, Dr Sunil P, Finney, Prkothan, Lamborgini,Rishi ..

Cheers

Major

My neighbour sold his 2003 Fiat Palio 1.6 with 20k on the odo for 1.80L. I think thats a fair price for the car that you looking for Dark Knight!

Hope it helps

Cheers

Dark night I dont own a Palio but have driven it ( I fell in love with it)

So i cannot comment on ownership experience , FE, a/ss ... etc.

If i were you(with 2L cash) and everything is ok I would jump at the offer...

Let us hope that the fuel indicator is not a major problem..

If fuel indicator is the only thing you are bothered about, do not be. It is a simple electro-mechanical device and I am sure it can be changed. Take it to one of those Tata-Fiat A.S.S. guys. They should be able to fix it.

However, I would say do not pay more than 1.8Lacs. A fiat of 2003 vintage today will command that price. Even a Wagon-R of same age with around 12000 on the odo goes for around 2.10-2.20Lacs. Considering the resale value for a Maruti (vis-a-vis Fiat) you should get the picture for your planned car.