Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2006, 15:06   #16
Team-BHP Support

ROFLMAO. There was an "undercover" operation by how good a service fiat customers get in Tata dealers. It seems those dealers are telling customers to go for Tata cars and try hard to dissuade them from buying Fiats. If during sale the attitude is such, I wonder what will it be during ***!
Old 25th April 2006, 15:08   #17
Team-BHP Support

Both Getz and Swift will give you peace of mind, if thats what you are looking for. Getz will be the most peaceful of the lot if you can live with lack of high end power. Actually if you dont plan to do 120-130+ most of the time, Getz have enough power.
Old 25th April 2006, 15:18   #18
BHPian

One of my friends has crossed 600 km. and has reported no such issues. Rather he is very happy with A.C., brakes, supension, space and power for city driving.
Old 25th April 2006, 15:22   #19
Team-BHP Support

600kms, 1000kms etc., is too less to judge a car upon.
Old 25th April 2006, 15:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami

O.T. The xeta has engine problems, the swift has rattling issues, teh santro has crap suspension....what does a buyer with a budget of 4-4.5 L buy? :(
O.T. Reply: A car named Fiat Palio.
Old 25th April 2006, 16:30   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection
O.T. Reply: A car named Fiat Palio.
Already answered by Himanshu one post later... Fiat's problem is crappiest A.S.S. Also add costly spares to that.
Old 25th April 2006, 16:34   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
Zappo:

One possible reason for not using the clutch till the last moment is because if u use the clutch along with the brakes, you negate the 'engine braking' which is very vital in slowing down fast.

Thus using the clutch and brake toghether can be potentially dangerous, esp at high speeds.
Himanshu, I was not asking why not to use the two together. Rather I was saying that why nobody thought of that as a possible reason why the Xeta probably gets stalled midway. Mostly the owners are either first time car drivers (and hence look for an entry level pricing) or else are in general not familiar with the car and its braking etc. So they probably apply the brakes hard without the clutch and then kill the engine in the process wo realizing it.

It is another matter that at times there is a merit in applying the clutch and brakes together.
Old 25th April 2006, 16:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Tata cars have something called "R&D" period where customers provide the Research. Since Xeta is a new one(well almost new) expect problems till they sell about 20000 Xetas. After experimenting on 20000 cars they will learn.
dude. It seems raghav got to u n now even you are singing his "Indica's crap" tune.(No offence meant though to ur lovely car and i do agree it does what it was made to do.. give low runing costs).
Old 25th April 2006, 17:12   #24
Team-BHP Support

I never said indica is crap, I said dont buy a "newly launched Tata car". When I got mine Tata had done 4 years customer R&D so my car was safe relatively. In another year or so it will be safe to buy the Xeta too!
Old 25th April 2006, 21:54   #25
BHPian

Yeah i guess it came out wrong. But i still dont like tata treating us customers like guinea pigs.
Old 27th April 2006, 11:07   #26
BNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Tata cars have something called "R&D" period where customers provide the Research. Since Xeta is a new one(well almost new) expect problems till they sell about 20000 Xetas. After experimenting on 20000 cars they will learn.
Even if tata cars have some R & D period, by now most of the problems should be solved or ratheer fixed.
XETA is not a complete new car, its a refined version of V2, so tata's might have taken the market feed back on V2 & they might have done some refinement & improvement to xeta which were not there in V2.

So XETA can be a lot more better car compared to V2.
So this XETA might be the so called 5th or 6th generation omproved version.
what say??
Old 27th April 2006, 12:16   #27
BHPian

Hold on for couple of months if you're planning to buy Xeta. Though it is more spacious, visually appealing & powerful, it is not as reliable and performance packed as Santro or Alto. There were few serious issues with transmission for Xeta.

- Manish
Old 27th April 2006, 12:50   #28
BNB

Any better car, other than..WAGON-R/XETA/XING/

I guess no one on this earth is making a car for my requirement...
I almost decided to book xeta..
now..all sorts of problem related to this car is coming out..transmission problem/switching off suddenly/oil leak etc etc..
Xeta almost fullfilled my FE & inner space requirement..
it was well with in my budget also..

ALTO is too small.
WAGON-R made for 4 & my mother dont like the looks
Santro-company's future not looking so good
XETA-new to market..still in R7D lab
Palio NV--good car..no ***... no resale value..

I guess i have to sacrifice driving pleasure & go for INDICA TURBO.

If you have any other better car please suggest..
Old 27th April 2006, 14:26   #29
BHPian

Hey BNB, I guess, you are unneccessariliy getting hassled, If you have liked Xeta, just go for it. If you go to any forums, you will always get to hear something positive and negative. As you rightly said, Xeta is not the completly new car but a much improved version of first generation Indica. So you are much better off than the people who bought the very first lot. If the car is meeting most of your criteria don't think twice. Tata's also give you 18 months warranty so atleast you don't have to worry about the cost.
And if everybody had waited for 6 months befor buying any newly launched car then no car would have got sold. Finally it is your decision.
Old 27th April 2006, 14:51   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNB
I guess no one on this earth is making a car for my requirement...
I almost decided to book xeta..
now..all sorts of problem related to this car is coming out..transmission problem/switching off suddenly/oil leak etc etc..
Xeta almost fullfilled my FE & inner space requirement..
it was well with in my budget also..

ALTO is too small.
WAGON-R made for 4 & my mother dont like the looks
Santro-company's future not looking so good
XETA-new to market..still in R7D lab
Palio NV--good car..no ***... no resale value..

I guess i have to sacrifice driving pleasure & go for INDICA TURBO.

If you have any other better car please suggest..
what do mean by santro-companys future not looking so good

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks