Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2006, 15:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

I do not see any problem with Hyundai in India. They are doing quite well here. If you feel Santro is OK for you, I guess you can go ahead with that.
Since you are in Bangalore and Tata dealers deal with and service Fiat cars, Fiat's service will be as good as or as bad as Tata's.
I have no idea about Xeta to make a comment on that.
Old 27th April 2006, 15:58   #32
BNB

There is a news on net saying that huge financial irregularities are reported in hyundai & few of the top officials were taken in to custody by governament.
goto this..
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060408/skore...robe.html?.v=4
ans some time back in this same forum, some one posted saying chances of hyundai going dawoo way..
so i said future no so good...
Old 27th April 2006, 16:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNB
There is a news on net saying that huge financial irregularities are reported in hyundai & few of the top officials were taken in to custody by governament.
goto this..
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060408/skore...robe.html?.v=4
ans some time back in this same forum, some one posted saying chances of hyundai going dawoo way..
so i said future no so good...
Yes. I am aware of that news. That's why I said that there is no problem with Hyundai in India.

But, how much of all that affects Hyundai's operations in India remains to be seen. Yes, if such things are given more publicity, it might affect sales. Ask Daewoo for that. But I believe Hyundai in India are firmly established and in my opinion, it is not easy to dislodge them because of this one reason.

I ceratinly am waiting for the day when people start making decisions on their buy based on the product, not based on the company.
Old 27th April 2006, 16:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
I ceratinly am waiting for the day when people start making decisions on their buy based on the product, not based on the company.
Care to explain ?? I mean why shouldnt the company's profile be not a consideration ?
Old 27th April 2006, 17:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

The only thing I meant by this was this: If a car is good, it does not matter whether it is Hyundai or Mercedes or Fiat or something like that. Maybe, I worded it wrongly.
Old 27th April 2006, 17:33   #36
Team-BHP Support

If you read the full article you will see the charges are "Paying money to lobbyist to get construction contracts"
The Lobbyist would then claim to bribe top officials to get construction contracts.

Now tell me this is done to a large extent in many indian companies, including IT companies. This does not mean that the company "has a bleak future".
Infact hyundai is not the only company which is accused of bribing. So this issue is being out of proportion while being compared with Daewoo which is a different story.

The problem started in 1998 when the great Asian Financial crisis came. It ran into conflicts with the Korean Govt which stopped supporting the company as it could not control its deficit. Now this was not unique to Daewoo, the korean govt stopped giving unconditional patronage to most big corps because now it did not have money to do so.

Moreover due to conflicts with the govt due to the Presidents "North Korea" policy, the company ran into more tourble.
From wikipedia
Quote:
e expected the leaders of the Top 5 conglomerates to cooperate in his government's "Sunshine Policy." When Chaiman Kim Woo Choong did not agree with the massive "no return on investment seen ahead" investment, he refused to cooperate with the President. Chairman Kim was in fact one of the pioneers in setting up new ways of doing business with the North, being one of the few who understood the Northern way of business. He insisted on a "give and take" policy to which the President did not yield. This response prompted the Korean government under Kim to literally destroy Daewoo instead of helping the group in a time of financial turmoil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daewoo
Hyundai actually made merry due to this.
Old 1st May 2006, 14:43   #37

:: - New INDICA XETA GLX - ::

Hi ,
Bhpians

I saw the Interiors of this car. I loved it.
As this will be my first car and I have few query about this vehicle.

PLs help me out.
  1. Is XETA GLX has the DEISEL version ?
  2. Can any body tell me about the discounts on INDICA XETA GLX of (NewDelhi \ NCR) area coz the dealer says that their is no dealer discount on it coz this car is selling like a hotcake.
  3. Is buying INDICA XETA GLX and then Install CNG KIT on it, Is worth or not ?.Can i install CNG KIT on brand new car?
Thanks
Abhee

NOTE FROM MODERATOR: Threads merged. Please continue discussion here

Last edited by adya33 : 1st May 2006 at 17:51.
Old 1st May 2006, 17:05   #38
Senior - BHPian

1. NO!
2. donNO
3. You can; but warranty?

Search; a thread exists.
Old 1st May 2006, 18:56   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhee
Hi ,
Bhpians

I saw the Interiors of this car. I loved it.
As this will be my first car and I have few query about this vehicle.

PLs help me out.
  1. Is XETA GLX has the DEISEL version ?
  2. Can any body tell me about the discounts on INDICA XETA GLX of (NewDelhi \ NCR) area coz the dealer says that their is no dealer discount on it coz this car is selling like a hotcake.
  3. Is buying INDICA XETA GLX and then Install CNG KIT on it, Is worth or not ?.Can i install CNG KIT on brand new car?
Thanks
Abhee

NOTE FROM MODERATOR: Threads merged. Please continue discussion here
Oh! Let me answer you as per your points.
  1. Yes the Xeta GLX has a diesel version. It is called the Indica V2 DLX... lol. I guess you meant to ask whether there is a diesel model available with the interiors like those of the Xeta. Unfortunatelty no. I mean, not with that beige interior.
  2. That selling like hot-cake thing may be a lot of BS. I mean ok, the car is getting a good response. However these are the early days to say that it is selling like a hotcake. However there was no discount available till last month. The reason is that the car is so recent that the company can not afford to give a discount this early. However you may check out in smaller nearby cities. You may get some freebies like free insurance etc.
  3. Do not even think of it. You will ruin your warranty.
If you want to run a petrol car on LPG kit (better than CNG) I would suggest you look for a good used car. There are plenty of them available out there if you cna identify them. You can get a good petrol car, 3-4 years old, like a WagonR for a very low cost. You can then fit the LPG kit in it and run around.
Old 2nd May 2006, 14:41   #40
BHPian

Thanx a lot guys,
i have finally made up my mind and am buying a indica xeta glg black variant.
I am from mumbai and mind you i am not getting any discount/offer from the dealer.All offers advertised are available from the finance company which is financing your loan.But if u paying upfront there is no discount at all.
i am going to the dealer and book mine tomorrow so wish me luck.
at that time i will defn nag him for some freebies like maybe a teflon coating or carpet/mudflaps or sunfilm etc etc.
I personally want to thank all bhp'ians for their comments and time.
i will let u guys know how it all goes in the coming weeks.
thanx again.
Mayur
Old 27th May 2006, 00:18   #41

Well.... all dealers in Delhi NCR are giving a 5000 discount
Old 28th May 2006, 00:39   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
ROFLMAO. There was an "undercover" operation by how good a service fiat customers get in Tata dealers. It seems those dealers are telling customers to go for Tata cars and try hard to dissuade them from buying Fiats. If during sale the attitude is such, I wonder what will it be during ***!
I really doubt this..I went down to TATA Mirkana Motors today, And the sales manager told me that Apart from a TATA ...She said nothing is even comparable to a Palio performance, comfort....! I think they are doing a considerable job selling both...I went for a XETA and I made that clear..but she nevertheless showed me around in a Palio too...!

@ Abhi..TATA offers Factory Fitted CNG on any TATA car for Rs. 42,000..No warranty void..! I'm most probably going for a Xeta-GLS-CNG

Last edited by wolfinstein : 28th May 2006 at 00:42.
Old 29th May 2006, 00:11   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNB
Palio NV, fiat rules....
what about the hopelessly lazy engine and the heavy controls that a normal person would not like,and add to that the poor A.S.S and the resale,though the gtx is too a superb car to ignore all the facts above.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks