Team-BHP - Do i have any other choice other than Indica turbo diesel ??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Do i have any other choice other than Indica turbo diesel ?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/12790-do-i-have-any-other-choice-other-than-indica-turbo-diesel.html)

Hi guys,on behalf of the suggestions given to me on this our very own forum regarding the used diesel car ,i ve chosen not to buy a second hand diesel car ,primarily because of the high maintainance and higher interest rates on used car loan .and i owe it to bhpians for helping me taker the right decision .:)

Guys , i need your help once again ..
My budget is Rs. 4-4.5 lacs and i want to buy a diesel hatchback within Rs. 4-4.5 lacs and to me it seems that currently theres no other option left for me other than to go for the new indica turbo(i 've never liked the tatas) but at the same time i dont know of any other new diesel car which is scheduled to be launced in this quarter .

Guys ,pls tell me if there's any diesel car scheduled to be launched in Q2, before june(i can wait max. till june) or do i 've no other option left other than the tata indica turbo ..

P.S. i had enquired for the palio diesel but i was told that the production is stopped for the diesel as it was a euro II .

Pls help me out guys !please:

Thanks .

Why do you want a diesel.. any particular reasons?
If you dont mind LPG, then Maruti is coming up with WagonR lpg this June. That should be a very economical vehicle to own.

In 4-4.5 range, Turbo Indica is the only diesel available. Its a decent car, the quality of TATA cars continues to improve (as some of the t-bhpians say), so it should not give you too many worries.

Or you can wait for the Swift Diesel, which is expected to be launched later this year/early 2007.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
Why do you want a diesel.. any particular reasons?
If you dont mind LPG, then Maruti is coming up with WagonR lpg this June. That should be a very economical vehicle to own.

In 4-4.5 range, Turbo Indica is the only diesel available. Its a decent car, the quality of TATA cars continues to improve (as some of the t-bhpians say), so it should not give you too many worries.

Or you can wait for the Swift Diesel, which is expected to be launched later this year/early 2007.

Thanx dceite .buddy, i travel approx 3000kms/month . But LPG sounds good . I ll def. wait for that vehicle but how good is lpg ? what about maintainance ,Fuel economy ,city driveability ,pick up ,highway manners ,safety and so on ...

Is it overall a better car than indica turbo diesel ?

P.S. Buddy,i dont 've any knowledge about the lpg and stuff ,hence these ques .:)

Thanks .

Hi,

You can get a Fiat Palio D EL for 4.5 + free insurance. There was a ad in the news paper yesterday. You may want to check it out with the dealer.

And Palio is Euro III for 4.5. You can always get discount on it.

well i am not an expert in LPG myself, but i do know that driveability and performance are not affected in case of LPG, as opposed to CNG. Fuel efficiency and cost savings are obviously more than the petrol car. The buying cost will be slightly more than the petrol model. And factory fitted LPG is expected to be safe. Maintainance wont be as high as a diesel car, but the engine life is expected to be slightly less compared to diesel/petrol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh
Hi,

You can get a Fiat Palio D EL for 4.5 + free insurance. There was a ad in the news paper yesterday. You may want to check it out with the dealer.

And Palio is Euro III for 4.5. You can always get discount on it.

Thanx abhibh . I called up the dealer and he confirmed that 1.9d is still very much in production and available . But i read somewhere in this forum that the new palio is on its way . So,i dont think it would be a wise move to buy a diesel palio now .
Dealer was not ready to give me more than Rs. 8 thousand as a discount.

dceite- buddy,dont you think the resale will be poor of the lpg compared to the diesel vehicles(i wont be keeping the car for more than 2 years) and is it a better alternative to the diesels,running costs wise and do you think the lpg is here to stay(like diesels) ?

Guys pls help me out ,i need to make a decision soon

Thanks .

Hi,

Yes new palio is expected to be launched in the last quater of this year. Correct me if i am wrong ? You can get huge discounts on the old palio at time and IMHO i didnt like the new palio pics (spy pics) in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...palio-way.html and http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...palio-way.html . I am ready to buy the current palio over the new one anytime if the new palio looks same as in Spy pics.

And as for the A.S.S (After sales service) of Fiat is getting better is what i have heared from fiat owners over here.
Quote:

Originally Posted by tanishq
Thanx abhibh . I called up the dealer and he confirmed that 1.9d is still very much in production and available . But i read somewhere in this forum that the new palio is on its way . So,i dont think it would be a wise move to buy a diesel palio now .
Dealer was not ready to give me more than Rs. 8 thousand as a discount.
Thanks .

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh
Hi, You can get huge discounts on the old palio at time and IMHO i didnt like the new palio pics (spy pics) in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...palio-way.html and http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...palio-way.html .

Hi abhibh,buddy, at present the fiat dealers are not ready to give anything more than rs.8 thousand as a discount but you are right once the new pailo comes ,the old one will be a good buy due to the high discounts which would be there at that time .. but in my case ,i need to buy a car in a month or so ..IMO,fiat palio diesel does not seem to be a good buy at present .

Guys,i desperately need your help,pls let me know what to do ?

Your only other option right now is the Palio D, which has a sluggish engine and is non turbo charged. Also you may have problems with spares etc., as tata is more keen on supporting the petrol fiats for now.
Getz/Swift diesel hatches are not expected before september so all you have for now is the indica turbo

What is wrong with the indica turbo....its fabulous is all i have to say. Little issue with the plastics....that shouldnt be a bother. As it is you are going to keep it for 2 years...

Take the turbo for a spin and then take the palio d. You will have arrived at your decision. I'd pick the indica turbo without thinking twice.

Drifter

Hehe, get ready for lot of flames "explaining" why Palio D and all Palios are the best cars ever made and why should we all sell our cars to buy fiat.

Hehehe im waiting :p

Drifter

Thanx tsk1979 and drifter .
Quote:

Originally Posted by drifter
What is wrong with the indica turbo....its fabulous is all i have to say. Little issue with the plastics....that shouldnt be a bother. As it is you are going to keep it for 2 years...

Buddy,i dont know why but i 've never liked tata cars .I know they 've improved a lot but somehow the indica has always been my last choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drifter
Take the turbo for a spin and then take the palio d. You will have arrived at your decision. I'd pick the indica turbo without thinking twice.

Buddy,I test drove the indica turbo few days back , i did like the pick up but i found too much of engine noise entering inside the cabin . Now ,that could be cos i 've never bought any diesel car . But as tsk said ,i dont think i 've any option left .:Frustrati
BTW guys,how about the lpg wagon r which dceite suggested ?
What is a better choice , Indica turbo diesel or wagon r lpg ?
And how do you rate lpg in FE ,pick up,resale value ,
safety ,comfort ,running costs
What about the daily running costs(fuel cost) ,is it going to cost me cheaper than the indica turbo for daily use ?

Thanks .

LPG will reduce your fuel bills, but its a lot of headache due to availability and safety concerns. If you can get a factory fitted LPG nothing like it, but one cylinder wont last you more than 300kms. So you can expect to change cylinders every three days.

I think you'd still be better off with the turbo. The indicas are pretty quite now. Its probably that the test drive vehicle may have been abused. At motorway speeds atleast, its really hard to tell if theres a diesel under the hood.

Coming to the wagon r, like tsk already mentioned plus the resale might be a bit lower, and come to think of it...the wagon r is essentially a 4 seater, less elbow room. If you frame is larger than average and you have more than 4 members in your family, it would be best to look elsewhere.

Drifter