Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2006, 14:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Deepak you are right about 4th gear in Palio 1.2. I have put a similar opinion else where in this site. It is absolutely useless.

Sachin, please read numerous opinions and suggestions about Palio on this site and then post any specific questions you have. You'll get more responses when the questions are to the point.... I know the fun in shopping for a car. I was in the same situation till two days ago. Happy shopping.....
Old 16th May 2006, 16:05   #17
BHPian

u can PM khaadu as he has a palio. i feel its always better 2 get the review from the actual owner rather than speculative group. no offence 2 anybody, i too fall in that category for all but three vehicles that i own
Old 16th May 2006, 16:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
u can PM khaadu as he has a palio. i feel its always better 2 get the review from the actual owner rather than speculative group. no offence 2 anybody, i too fall in that category for all but three vehicles that i own
I am an actual owner too. It was my car that I drove on the highway last weekend . Ofcourse, no harm in getting opinions from various owners.
Old 16th May 2006, 16:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

The problem with Palio 1.2 is in-gear acceleration... flat out performance is more than enough but the car is not effortless to drive. You have to stand on the accelerator pedal at times to make progress. The perception of sluggishness is also accentuated by the fact that its a very heavy car so every move is damped, subtle... whereas a wagon R on santro will let you know that you are going fast.. this one wont.
Old 16th May 2006, 16:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

I have a Palio 1.2 NV, I agree it is bit sluggish in 1 & 2 gears, but once it takes off, it is a pleasure to drive it!!!
Old 16th May 2006, 18:26   #21
BHPian

My 1.6 returns an average FE figure of 9 kmpl but have never given me more than that in the city. I dont know anything about the 1.2 though.

Are you sure the face lifted Palio is coming in September? If yes you could wait.

The Petra to my knowledge has been discontinued and thats why Fiat isnt advertising it alongwith the Palio and the Adventure.

If I were you I would buy the 1.6 over the 1.2 and thats what I did a few years back. Never regretted it!
Old 17th May 2006, 00:18   #22
BHPian

After owning and driving a Palio 1.6 GTX for 3years and 62000kms the following are my views.
1.This will be the only car you will ever need
2.Sane driving will return 9-11 kms in city and upto an amazing 15.5 kms in the highway(ofcourse your foot will hit the floor too often just to hear the roar after 3000 rpm especially in 2nd gear).
3.Dont even think about 1.2,1.6 is definitely better vfm
4.Waiting for the facelifted palio is a good option,if you already drive a Skoda Octavia RS
5.I bought and serviced my car from TVS limited,the worlds sickest car cealers,so any other dealer is bound to be better.
6.Back in 2003 my Thunder Black 1.6 was invoiced at 463000/-.After a month long haggling i got it for 417000/-(id given my Uno 1.2 el for a tradein).The car I later found out that was lying in the yard for almost an year.

SO GO FOR IT
Old 17th May 2006, 00:25   #23
BHPian

I could not get the 'Waiting for the facelifted palio is a good option,if you already drive a Skoda Octavia RS' part. Could you please explain?

Thanks
Old 17th May 2006, 00:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

He means to say that palio 1.6 is the best performance machine after skoda Rs which is partly true.

Waiting is not a good option. When you will be ready to buy the upgraded palio the Grande Punto will be on the anvil. And if u wait for the Grande punto some other hatch will be ready for release.
Old 19th May 2006, 16:23   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinchavan
I could not get the 'Waiting for the facelifted palio is a good option,if you already drive a Skoda Octavia RS.
does any body has any idea about what new things/changes can be expected in facelifted Palio due i Sep-06 ? I am expecting the car interiors might get updated,..?
Old 19th May 2006, 17:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi
does any body has any idea about what new things/changes can be expected in facelifted Palio due i Sep-06 ? I am expecting the car interiors might get updated,..?
From what I've read and heard, the dashboard will not be changed since they havn't yet deveoped the Right Hand Drive version of the new dashboard.

Most Viewed