Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2006, 22:20   #1
BHPian

help me decide-palio sport or adventure sport 1.6 for city driving

Hi everyone..I am planning to buy one of the fiats-Palio sport 1.6 or Adventure sport.
I live in Pune which has high congested traffic, roads are small and lots of potholes. Overall the driving speed in the day is at the most 40-50 kms/hr. I will appreciate any suggestions from owners of adventure sport about its usability in city condition. Or it would make more sense to buy Palio sport 1.6 as it is small and can be handled easily.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th May 2006 at 09:26.
Old 27th May 2006, 23:46   #2
BHPian

Unless you are planning to use the extensive storage space on the adventure, the 1.6 sport makes the maximum sense
Old 28th May 2006, 00:07   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

i agree to anarchist,stick to gtx sport as it will be easy to manouvre and park in city and is also a better handler and performer.
Old 28th May 2006, 01:32   #4
BHPian

Sorry guys about the funny scripts in my post on the top.. Cant get rid of it..
Thanks for your suggestionos.
Chetan
Old 28th May 2006, 09:05   #5
BHPian

palio 1.6 is gud for city use.
adventure is a pain to drive in congested cities due to extra long length.

go for palio1.6
Old 28th May 2006, 10:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

A hatchback is a better bet always than a sedan or a station wagon in congested city traffic. Besides u get the same build quality, suspension and engine in the smaller 1.6 Palio... go for it.
Old 29th May 2006, 01:13   #7
BHPian

There was this Black Adventure following my Palio S10 today for some time,with some cool music playing and all its 4 fog lamps and dipper + head lamp switched on.Either the guy was blind to have required all the lamps,or mistook the road as a desert trail,or was simply showing off.Whatever,I take it as option 3. But boy o boy did it look stunning.Since I could'nt take the glare for much longer,i let him pass.The car looked simply awesome,very very mean and alloys looked stunning when in motion.It had a chrome tipped muffler similar to an Octi RS.On looks alone,I'd choose it over the Palio 1.6. The ADventure is also available in Canary Yellow!Droool.But practically speaking,the hatchback would be easier in city,would feel more sprightly on the move,and may return better FE due to lower weight.But,adventure has loads of space for weekend trips,has better and more comfortable suspension-tyre setup than the Palio 1.6,its good for softroading,higher ground clearance and bags of attitude.
So there's no harm in evaluating both for city use.Test drive and see if you are comfortable with the Adventure.Otherwise,the Palio 1.6 is anyway's fantastic.If you want people to call you "romantic,different or an enthusiast",buy the Palio 1.6,and if you want them to call you "nuts",buy the Adventure .

Last edited by roms : 29th May 2006 at 01:31.
Old 29th May 2006, 12:00   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premchetan
Hi everyone..I am planning to buy one of the fiats-Palio sport 1.6 or Adventure sport.
I live in Pune which has high congested traffic, roads are small and lots of potholes. Overall the driving speed in the day is at the most 40-50 kms/hr. I will appreciate any suggestions from owners of adventure sport about its usability in city condition. Or it would make more sense to buy Palio sport 1.6 as it is small and can be handled easily.
Take both the cars on a stretch of potholed roads since you mentioned roads have a lot of them ... The suspension on the adventure is too good. Also the high ground clearance helps on bad roads.... especially during rains...

On the other hand, palio 1.6 packs more punch than the adventure...in terms of performance ( a little more )

For around 90000 more than the palio, you get a lot more car, thus making very good value for money...

Regarding parking, peak hour city driving, you are wrong to compare a hatchback with a station wagon, its clear that any hatchback will score over a sedan or a station wagon. But you need to check if you can easily handle the extra size of the car. (I dont have any problems in manouvering in the city traffic).

So test drive both, and you cant go wrong with either of them...

All the best!
Old 29th May 2006, 12:21   #9
BANNED

Test drive both and see what feels better for you.

Palio - Better performance, handling and FE thanks to it's smaller size and lower weight.

Adventure - Better ride, more versatile and the "big" car feel, which somehow means more to me, especially with our roads in such bad shape.
Old 29th May 2006, 12:26   #10
Senior - BHPian

Already Palio has very large turning radius making it a pain in tight corners and parking. Requires lots of planning even in U - turns. Believe me I am driving Siena and Palio for the last 4 years.

A bigger vehicle makes it even more pain. I suggest you go for Palio 1.6. The extra weight in Adventure may also not make it as powerful as it's little brother. I heard mileage in Adventure is also not good. But looks of the adventure are to die for.
Old 29th May 2006, 14:56   #11
BHPian

Thanks kvish,

About that part about manouvering in the city traffic that you dont have any problems. From me thats a important information as parking and fuel consumption is not much of my concern. I will also be doing five to six trips to Pune Goa in winter every year and some tours outside the state in Summer.
Adventure does suit the need.
Chetan
Old 29th May 2006, 23:05   #12
BHPian

Well then,the adventure suits your needs perfectly.Brilliant choice of a car.Buy one in black,yellow or red and enjoy your car.Pune is supposed to be having good dealers for FIAT service.
Old 27th July 2006, 22:46   #13
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for you suggestions. I am back and has started visiting the showrooms..My girlfriend too is keen on adventure and the black colour is the choice.Though I understand the black colour is more difficult to maintain, absorbes more heat in sun and sun control film does not look as fabulous as in red or silver.
May be I go for red....lets see..

At Jay Vijay here in Pune there is a silver adventure lying which got sold to someone two months before, has covered 2000 kms, has a sensor installed, has got a sunroof, black leather upholstery and a dvd player with drop down screen. Sandeep the sales manager tells me that the current owner wants to sell because of some famliy problem.Well???
The asking price is 6.25.So what you all think..I will be going for finanace to buy the car.Should I go for this one or better to buy the new one.
The new one has a 25k to 27 k discount depending on the dealer. The on raod price is 6.30K.So I need your advice, suggestions, experiences in buying and any oother input to move further..Should I negotiate for more.
If you want you can personaly post me a private message on choice of dealer and other things that can not go up here.

Last edited by adya33 : 27th July 2006 at 23:00.
Old 28th July 2006, 00:57   #14
BHPian

man difference of 5 k ? then go for the new car. new is new. and you never know if it was hit, some kind of issue may be with the car or something. why take a chance for 5 k , its not worth it when u buyin something for 6 lacs
Old 28th July 2006, 01:09   #15
BHPian

hey prem, do we have something in commen hell yes, i dont want to advice you on your choice as i myself is suffering from the same delima, but i would like to comment on the price, shouldn't it be cheaper in pune, they are offering me a discount of 50,000 to start with on adventure, bargain hard man and wish you luck

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks