Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2010, 18:40   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslamHussain View Post
Can anyone please let know what it takes to convert a MT Santro to AT? It's really hard to find a good priced AT Santro in Hyderabad. Been lucky to find a Santro AT engine and gearbox from an totalled AT Santro which will be junked soon.
Takes a real good mechanic to start with!
Also - make sure that you port both the engine and gearbox together (if at all you attempt this heart transplant).
Old 16th June 2010, 20:13   #62
BHPian

Sorry for not being able to understand completely.. .what do you exactly mean by porting? Port as in the cylinder head?
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:23   #63
BHPian

Hi,

Does anyone have any news on probable AT variant launch of present or new hatchbacks?

The present choice of i10 and i20 is too restrictive. The price of i20 AT is silly and doesn't even have tubeless tyres! I would love to see a Punto or Polo AT.

regards,
RS
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:05   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronline View Post
Hi,

Does anyone have any news on probable AT variant launch of present or new hatchbacks?

The present choice of i10 and i20 is too restrictive. The price of i20 AT is silly and doesn't even have tubeless tyres! I would love to see a Punto or Polo AT.

regards,
RS

are you sure about this? as i10 comes with tubeless so i20 must come with tubeless.
Old 23rd June 2010, 13:20   #65
BHPian

I only quickly did a car comparison on Carwale and noticed it. It may be incorrect though! Will ask the dealer about this really.

regards,
Rajiv
Old 23rd November 2010, 16:26   #66
BHPian

Maruti A-Star comes in AT.
Old 23rd November 2010, 18:03   #67
BHPian

Is there any news about the New Wagon R getting an AT we all know the outgoing model had one but when i enquired with the maruti peopel they said they had only A-Star with AT which is true?
Does any new arrivals of small AT expected members pls share if there is any information

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 23rd November 2010 at 18:08.
Old 24th November 2010, 10:04   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika
Maruti A-Star comes in AT.
Atleast it is supposed to. But try booking one and you will be looking at a min. delivery period of 2 months. Which is funny given that when even the manual variants don't sell much (lowest sales of all Maruti cars), why waiting period for AT which is anyway less popular in India. We have been waiting for ours since Sep-20 and after raising a lot of ruckus, we expect the car in 1st week of December.

The only reason I see for the delay is due to export taking priority, since A-Star forms a bulk of Maruti's exports.
Old 24th November 2010, 10:47   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Atleast it is supposed to. But try booking one and you will be looking at a min. delivery period of 2 months. Which is funny given that when even the manual variants don't sell much (lowest sales of all Maruti cars), why waiting period for AT which is anyway less popular in India. We have been waiting for ours since Sep-20 and after raising a lot of ruckus, we expect the car in 1st week of December.

The only reason I see for the delay is due to export taking priority, since A-Star forms a bulk of Maruti's exports.
As far as I know, Maruti has a very flexible way of producing cars. Different models can be built in a single production line. Though they may have monthly targets, the production numbers can be varied according to the demand.
They have 'distributed' the waiting among their cars, I think. That's why almost all of their cars go into waiting period.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 24th November 2010 at 10:48.
Old 25th November 2010, 07:46   #70
Senior - BHPian

Hello Im actually in the market for a diesel automatic hatch back and only after I did some research I realized that there is not one single automatic diesel . The range of an automatic diesel starts from the verna i guess.
I was really expecting the Polo to have an automatic Diesel .
Anyways with the broader powerband it should actually be easier to mate it with a diesel.Dont know why is still not available.

Last edited by arjunrudra : 25th November 2010 at 07:47.
Old 25th November 2010, 13:04   #71
BHPian

@ arjunrudra - we are searching for the same. I wanted to exchange my Indica for a diesel hatch with AT. Have given up all the hopes and continuing with my Indica. After unsuccessful attempts at a diesel hatchbacks, I looked around for the petrol ones but the options are too limited - only A-star, i10 and i20. I wish Polo comes with AT.

I am totally disappointed with every manufacturer in India. Why they are so much averse with the ATs?
Old 21st July 2011, 22:21   #72
BHPian

Re: Automatic small car options?

bumping an old thread... but i have come down to a similar situation.

I have a Santro XO for the past 4 yrs... and Dad is learning to drive at 60yrs. So need the easiest car to drive for him, so naturally choice comes down to hatchbacks.
- Max visibility from driver's seat(Dad is 5.5 feet tall)
- Automatic transmission
- Looking below 6L
- New or pre-owned
Did little searching and only found i10. i20 price is over the roof.

are there any other alternatives in automatic hatchback market??
Old 22nd July 2011, 03:59   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katpasin View Post
bumping an old thread... but i have come down to a similar situation.

I have a Santro XO for the past 4 yrs... and Dad is learning to drive at 60yrs. So need the easiest car to drive for him, so naturally choice comes down to hatchbacks.
- Max visibility from driver's seat(Dad is 5.5 feet tall)
- Automatic transmission
- Looking below 6L
- New or pre-owned
Did little searching and only found i10. i20 price is over the roof.

are there any other alternatives in automatic hatchback market??
Maruti Suzuki A-star should be a good candidate if you do not have problems with rear legroom and non existent boot space.
Old 22nd July 2011, 06:52   #74
BHPian

There are rumours that Jazz might come with the 1.2 CVT automatic. Being a CVT, mileage will not take a big beating, but the tradeoff is the rubber band effect of CVTs. The other worry will be Honda pricing. Wait till mid-Aug to get a clearer picture.

Pradeep
Old 22nd July 2011, 07:37   #75
BHPian

I will be ruling out A-star due to the space constraints.
Would loved to have got my hands on a Jazz AT, but am pretty confident that the automatic version might be priced at entry level Honda City range. i20 has a similar issue. its priced at x-showroom 7.72L
As of now, there is no competition to i10 AT , will be waiting for the Brio though. Have very high hopes on Brio AT.

I was expecting a 1-2 kmpl drop in mileage compared to MT versions, and hyundai i10 site lists ARAI certified mileage as 20kmpl and all owners on this thread have mentioned about 10kmpl. is the difference really this huge? or has there been any improvement in the engine to have increased the mileage now?

Last edited by katpasin : 22nd July 2011 at 07:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks