Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2006, 10:22   #1

budget 5-6 l fiesta/baleno/accent/indigo/swift/flair?

hi , my budget is 5-6 l. need car with low maintainance, economy of driving. good engine. luxury at minimum.
city use.
swift did not like the back seat.
flair makes much noise.
do not know @ maintainance of indigo and fiesta.
accent , what @ mileage?
baleno seems good but old now.
help me out guys, lots of cars lot of confusion.
Old 29th June 2006, 10:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

IF you are a family of 4, and dont need a boot. Blindly go for suzuki Swift fully loaded with ABS and airbags.

Ikon flair is the next logical option. Some may counter that maintainence is high and spares are expensive but then they dont own an ikon. Is an excellent value for money currently. 1.3 engine while down on power doesnt really feel so. After the NXT version backseat comfort has been nice.

Look at ford fiesta otherwise. Dats what Ikon has grown into. A handsome and intelligent sedan.

Baleno is even older for a grandpa now (Baleno Fans-Attack!!!!)
and Indigo really doesnt cut into your needs.
Accent is also due for replacement(unless you consider the replacement)

Last edited by devarshi84 : 29th June 2006 at 10:35.
Old 29th June 2006, 10:49   #3
BHPian

Well, to the best of my knowledge Ford Ikon and Accent (Petrol vresion) are phasing out.... So you will get good deals but only if you want to drive a car which moves out of production very soon. I had the same budget and opted for Chevrolet Aveo 1.4.. I have already done 5000 kms and find the car up to my mark. I would suggest you to drive Swift/Fiesta/Aveo. Because the level of performance/comfort/likes changes from person to person and you will be th final guide.

If you have any queries related to Chevvy Aveo 1.4 then please feel free to ask..
Old 29th June 2006, 11:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj123
hi , my budget is 5-6 l. need car with low maintainance, economy of driving. good engine. luxury at minimum. city use. accent , what @ mileage? baleno seems good but old now. help me out guys, lots of cars lot of confusion.
Actually, more cars also means more options for the buyer. You have a clear idea of the main factors that you need in your car. So, all that remains is for you to check out all the available options and go for the one that is the optimum fit. Accent returns around 10kmpl in city conditions.
You have listed one hatch (Swift), while the rest are sedans. If you do not need the boot, the Swift is a good option. The Getz also is worth checking out.
Based on your priorities (low maintainance, economy of driving, good engine, luxury at minimum, city use), the Baleno is a perfect fit. Throw in the solid after sales support and availability of spares for years to come and you cannot go wrong. But along with the Accent, it is older than the other cars you listed. But then, new does not necessarily translate into better and the way the newer cars look, also does not translate into better looking.

BTW, when you say "economy of driving", what mileage figure are you looking at ? I guess the Aveo1.4 will also be close to your budget and worth having a look.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 29th June 2006 at 11:35.
Old 29th June 2006, 11:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

If u want a sloid and sturdy car, with one of the best engines in the C segment, at a great price and a huge boot, look no further than the Fiat Petra.

One member from the palio user group on yahoo has just purchased a petra from Jay vijay in Pune for an On road price of 5.12. Beat that!

If u dont want a doot, go in for a Palio 1.2/1.6 Sport.
Old 29th June 2006, 13:56   #6
BHPian

for a hatch, try Palio or Getz. for a mid-sizer, himanshu's choice of Petra is excellent
Old 29th June 2006, 14:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

Why not try an Indigo..they are good too!!
Old 29th June 2006, 15:20   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
Why not try an Indigo..they are good too!!
Indigo Dicor version is to be launched very soon...check out a thread in the "indian-car-scene" forum....it should be worth the wait....
Old 4th July 2006, 07:17   #9
BHPian

imho go for a baleno lxi with mods.... good fe powerful car........

or if yu want a diesel option go for indigo top variant at 5.2 lakhs....
Old 7th July 2006, 21:50   #10

Hi all,help me out in finding a good car..

Hi all,

This is pradeep from bangalore and m looking for a second hand car and m havin a budget upto 3.5Lks and have short llisted 3 ..those are here\
(1)Lancer Petrol/Diesel
(2)Honda City.
(3)Ikon 1.6 Diesel/Petrol.

plz let me know which one can be the best option and which model will I get in my budget..

Hey, my priority would be first to the performance then milage next obviously maintenance. which U guyz suggest me among the above listed..? and should suit for my budget too..and can i get any of these models from 2002 to ^

NOTE FROM MODERATOR: Threads Merged.

Last edited by adya33 : 8th July 2006 at 00:30.
Old 7th July 2006, 22:16   #11
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATZ
Hi all,

This is pradeep from bangalore and m looking for a second hand car and m havin a budget upto 3.5Lks and have short llisted 3 ..those are here\
(1)Lancer Petrol/Diesel
(2)Honda City.
(3)Ikon 1.6 Diesel/Petrol.
Hi Pradeep, i have not much idea about the Lancer ... but the OHC ( Honda City ) if your talking about the V.Tec, then i dont think it'll be available at that price...
Ikon petrol is 1.6, the diesel variant is 1.8 ( good mileage, but lacks power )...
Of the 3 listed above, the honda city is a better performer...
Old 8th July 2006, 08:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

The lancer it is. good looks, Adequate power, Good FE, a gem of an engine and excellent handling.
Old 8th July 2006, 11:42   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
If u want a sloid and sturdy car, with one of the best engines in the C segment, at a great price and a huge boot, look no further than the Fiat Petra.

One member from the palio user group on yahoo has just purchased a petra from Jay vijay in Pune for an On road price of 5.12. Beat that!

If u dont want a doot, go in for a Palio 1.2/1.6 Sport.
I know about this Petra for 5.12lac. This was one of the 2005 cars that Jay Vijay still has and is desparately getting rid of. Nothing wrong with the car but the way Jay Vijay was pressing me to buy this one made me not buy it. I was not happy with his pressure tactics. If you want to go for new Petra EL, it is about 5.5 on road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks