Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2006, 02:45   #16
BHPian

Treat yourself to a good upgrade and try the Palio Adventure 1.6 @ 6 Lakhs.Great VFM car.And it meets your needs very well..
I feel the Adventure is THE car to have on our potholed roads...even more so when monsoon is around.
Regarding the old vs new santro,I dont feel its worth it.just drove a friend's santro yesterday (2002).And we do have a Xing in the family.Even I felt that suspension in the older Santro was somehow better and less bumpy

Last edited by roms : 5th July 2006 at 02:50.
Old 5th July 2006, 08:48   #17
BHPian

Going by the responses, I think it is better if I wait for couple of months. This would give me more choices. Meanwhile, let me evaluate Fiat models. Turning radius matters to me as on hills you may not find many places wide enough to U turn your car.

I have heard that new Getz would come with new 1.4L DOHC engine. Excites me but then Hyundai engines fails to live upto their specifications (Accent 94 Bhp but not exciting in first 2 gears). Hopefully this model should be out in Sep-Oct. Solidly built car which suits my purpose.
Old 5th July 2006, 09:28   #18
BHPian

You can also try the Indica Turbo ;-)
Old 5th July 2006, 15:27   #19
BHPian

Apart from the FIATs,also have a look at the Suzuki Baleno.Great car @ 6 lakhs.Has good space,power,mileage and reliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_rana
Build quality must be sturdy keeping in mind the rough roads that I occassionally encounter in hills.
I am not sure if the Baleno can adapt to hilly areas well though,especially since Baleno has pretty low ground clearance.Baleno owners can you throw some light on this please?
Old 5th July 2006, 16:10   #20
BHPian

After all your discussions with others, I would suggest you, go for Indica Dsl version or Indigo Dsl. Those cars has a better persormance on rough and hilly roads. I had gone for a trip in Indica Dsl version. You can actually use the car rough. All the best...
Old 5th July 2006, 16:22   #21
BHPian

Baleno is a good car and I am cautiously interested in that. Majorly, there are two aspects that concern me ... ground clearance and cost of spare parts. For example, I have heard that for post budget 2006 models have very expensive headlights and taillights.

Tata products might be good but they are yet to catch up with competition in terms of quality. I have gone through several threads in which people have posted their disapproval for TATA vehicles. One person is infact in legal battle with TATA. If I were to go for diesel, I would rather wait for couple of months and opt for Swift Diesel (with common rail) which certainly would be more modern than Indica. In terms of petrol ... japanese cars are unbeatable (refinement).

Last edited by ms_rana : 5th July 2006 at 16:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks