Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2006, 17:56   #1

A fool in love ( with Palio )

I consider myself to be a very average, boring , non-risk taker kind. But after having gone thru stuff in this forum, even I am thinking of buying Palio. Practically I dont see any reason to buy the car - Poor ***, less mileage, low re-sale, uncertain future of the company, old car, etc etc. But still am excited to buy the car.....I guess I have been bitten by TBHP bug :-).

Seeking few clarifications here.
1)Has anyone observed/experienced different after FIAT-TATA collaboration...
like - service, cost of spare parts, increase in sale of cars

2) Do u think this is the right time to buy the car or shud I wait for the new model. The dealer is willing to give me discount of 30 K without even me asking. This makes me suspicious of their plans of continuing with the model.

help me out guys..

Sriram

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : This topic has been moved to the appropriate section.

We thank you for your thread, and would appreciate you taking the effort to post in the correct section.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 8th July 2006 at 03:54.
Old 7th July 2006, 18:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

U can see the pics of the new model on one of the threads here. Ther eis no major change- only new front and rear lights and bumpers. the interiors and the rest of the body is stock.

After the tata fiat tie up, the sales experience that I had has been pretty decent. the car is bloody brilliant. just drive it to believe it.

I say go for it! u wont regret it!

Do keep us posted
Old 7th July 2006, 18:09   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphean
I consider myself to be a very average, boring , non-risk taker kind. But after having gone thru stuff in this forum, even I am thinking of buying Palio. Practically I dont see any reason to buy the car - Poor ***, less mileage, low re-sale, uncertain future of the company, old car, etc etc. But still am excited to buy the car.....I guess I have been bitten by TBHP bug :-).

Seeking few clarifications here.
1)Has anyone observed/experienced different after FIAT-TATA collaboration...
like - service, cost of spare parts, increase in sale of cars

2) Do u think this is the right time to buy the car or shud I wait for the new model. The dealer is willing to give me discount of 30 K without even me asking. This makes me suspicious of their plans of continuing with the model.

help me out guys..

Sriram

Hi Morphean

Welcome to the fiat family. I drive the Petra. Re your q regarding Tata alliance with Fiat, the only Tata dealer that is offering this service as of today is Fortune motors at saki vihar. So far I had 2 services done at Fort point Thane. And they have been OK. Have not given me any hassles so far. Just today I had sent my car to their workshop, because, I was hearing some noise after hitting some pot holes. They told me it was a stone, I will get my car back anytime soon, then will drive and make sure Anyway sorry to go off track, but since the petra nd palio share the same engine, I decided to write this.
Old 7th July 2006, 20:11   #4
BHPian

Hi morphean,

Welcome and join the gang of fools. We at Team-bhp love all such fools who love their cars, as much if not more than their wives. ( If they are married) My logo is " They are not only beautiful but more dutiful "
Go for the Palio man. Enjoy it and share your excitement with all of us and you can be sure that each one of us will be waiting. Have fun.

So long....
Old 7th July 2006, 21:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

hi sriram, welcome to the forum.

As a Palio owner, I can tell you that the car is bloody fantastic. Go ahead and buy it if you really like it.

Quote:
Do u think this is the right time to buy the car or shud I wait for the new model
Thats totally your call. You can take a look at the pictures of the new Palio on this forum and decide if you like the current one or the new one. You could wait for the new one since it will help your resale and you will get the feeling of buying a new refreshed car. None of us have seen the new version in person so I wouldn't make a final comment on it's looks but at the moment, I, personally, like the looks of the current one.

Quote:
The dealer is willing to give me discount of 30 K without even me asking. This makes me suspicious of their plans of continuing with the model.
Good to know that lethargic Fiat and it's dealers are getting aggressive about selling the car. Why are you worried about getting discounts! If you go to buy a Santro or Wagon R, you will be offered higher discounts then 30K without even asking, that doesn't mean the model is going to be stopped! But yea, it's a open secret that the new version is coming by october/november.

Last edited by amit : 7th July 2006 at 21:35.
Old 7th July 2006, 21:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

I dont balme you, the Palio has hypnotizing looks sort of like a supermodel. Personally I prefer the looks of the current Palio to the new one.

There was also some talk about trying to lower the engine capacity to dip below the 1.2 liter barrier for exise reasons.

Last edited by Mpower : 7th July 2006 at 21:43.
Old 7th July 2006, 23:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

An old associate from dwarka visited my workshop a couple of days back with his 10,000km old Palio Weekend. He used to own a Zen before which was being serviced by us for five years or so. In his own words, he has had more visits to the fiat dealership in one year than his total visits to us in five years. I think that should suffice.
Old 7th July 2006, 23:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
An old associate from dwarka visited my workshop a couple of days back with his 10,000km old Palio Weekend. He used to own a Zen before which was being serviced by us for five years or so. In his own words, he has had more visits to the fiat dealership in one year than his total visits to us in five years. I think that should suffice.
Autopsyche, Thatz a one off case. Please don't generalize it. I have a Palio 1.2 NV - 2004 model and have done 11000+ kms, I have visited the Workshop just twice a year, and that too for routine service. You will find very few Palios with any major issues. Palio is built to last and is a trouble-free car by large.

Last edited by finneyp : 7th July 2006 at 23:40.
Old 8th July 2006, 02:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

finneyp, i dont think you read my post correctly, i did not generalize, i was talking about this particular car only. But i would like to add that i have heard more complaints than praises for the palio from actual users. Im not against the car or anything, its a good car no doubt! But it's not a hidden fact that fiat cannot provide as good after sales support as honda.
Old 8th July 2006, 03:25   #10

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
But i would like to add that i have heard more complaints than praises for the palio from actual users. .
nd i still wonder why people still manage to fall in love with the palio including me.there surely is something very dark and mysterious about her.
Old 8th July 2006, 09:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
finneyp, i dont think you read my post correctly, i did not generalize, i was talking about this particular car only. But i would like to add that i have heard more complaints than praises for the palio from actual users. Im not against the car or anything, its a good car no doubt! But it's not a hidden fact that fiat cannot provide as good after sales support as honda.
Firstly, here we are discussing about Palio in general and not about your particular car. Secondly, I myself an actual user and sharing the facts from my ownership experience. And there will be only a handful few who are facing some issues with Palio. Thirdly, inspite of significant improvement in After-Sales as a result of Fiat Tata tie-up, you are still cribbing about poor After Sales. Buddy, get your facts right!!!
Old 8th July 2006, 10:28   #12
BHPian

One more fool who is in love with his Palio S10, No major issues till date, YES the service can get better.

Cheers....MAjor
Old 8th July 2006, 12:04   #13
Senior - BHPian

Finneyp i do have my facts right, and i do have a right to voice my opinion about any product. If you dont like my posts then dont read them! You dont have to take everything so personally. Peace.
Old 8th July 2006, 13:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hey Autopsyche and Finneyp,

Just take a chill pill guys - no need to get all heated and worked up and NO PERSONAL ATTACKS please ...lets stick to the topic and help out Morphean.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 8th July 2006 at 13:27.
Old 8th July 2006, 21:30   #15

Thanks guys for the useful inputs. This forum is a like gods gift ( especially for confused guys like me ).
I pretty much feel good about all aspects of Palio ( mileage, performance, value for money, interiors, resale etc etc ). But the only thing that still worries me is its quality of After sale service and what if TATA decides to call of the tie up tomorrow.
I hope my heart wins over my head here..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks