Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2006, 13:02   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Don't give vague information. What is the FE of Esteem? What do you mean Esteem is more powerful? Esteem is 1298 cc & Palio 1.2 is 1200 CC.
!
Hello sir, whats vague in the information i gave???????. Why do you get soo ruffled up for anyting???. Ofcourse Esteem is more poweful. ANd BTW the *(Palio 1.2NV is 1242cc for your further knowledge) and the Esteem is 1298cc. But when i said that the Esteem is more powerful than the Palio 1.2, i meant the Esteem pumps out 85bhp whereas the Palio 1.2 gives out 72bhp.

And Goldie is right, the Esteem hits 0-100 in 11.49secs whereas the Palio 1.2NV takes a lethargic 16.41secs(correction on your figures Goldie) to do a 0-100 sprint according to ACI

Now i think that can put to rest your power argument.

And about FE, according to ACI, the Palio 1.2NV gives 9.2kmpl in the city and 14kmpl on highways.
Whereas the Esteem returns 10.1kmpl in the city and 16.7kmpl on highways.

PS- Finney, i know you love your car(Palio 1.2) but then we are all passionate about the set of wheels we own. ANd before a MOD gently corrects you, i would suggest you Please keep the arguments clear and to the point rather than resorting to words like vague and stuff. Lets help this guy who has posted this thread. Hope its clear to you.

Last edited by prince85 : 11th July 2006 at 13:16.
Old 11th July 2006, 13:13   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Hello sir, whats vague in the information i gave. Why do you get soo ruffled up for anyting???. Ofcourse Esteem is more poweful. ANd BTW the *(Palio 1.2NV is 1242cc for your further knowledge) and the Esteem is 1298cc. But when i said that the Esteem is more powerful than the Esteem, i meant the Esteem pumps out 85bhp whereas the Palio 1.2 gives out 72bhp.

And Goldie is right, the Esteem hits 0-100 in 11.49secs whereas the Palio 1.2NV takes a lethargic 16.41secs to do a 0-100 sprint according to ACI

Now i think that can put to rest your power argument.

And about FE, according to ACI, the Palio 1.2NV gives 9.2kmpl in the city and 14kmpl on highways.
Whereas the Esteem returns 10.1kmpl in the city and 16.7kmpl on highways.

PS- Please keep the arguments clear and to the point rather than resorting to words like vague and stuff.
You are right on target prince, Indeed thats true. I have driven 1.2 palio and found it very sluggish compare to any other cars in the same segement so no point coparing with ESTEEM. Palios have that rigid feel and bigger truning radius that's why not very comfy driving in city, may they are better on highways.
Though One update , my fren bought new esteem and clocking 11.8 KMPL/AC/Bangalore City before first service.
Engine in 16V/SOHC/All Alluminum/32 bit MPFI. IT is a very proven/time tested/efficient.

-AJ
Old 11th July 2006, 13:25   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Hope its clear to you.
Pls mind your language. You have no right to instruct me what I should or shoudn't do. I just stated the facts about Palio. You can also state facts about Esteem. Let the thread initator decide what is best for him.
Old 11th July 2006, 13:26   #49
BHPian

Quote:
And Fiat Service is no longer a issue now, with Tata dealers catering to Fiat cars. Esteem just has boot, thatz it!
Soo does TATA A** compare with Maruti??? Hyundai is the next best thing after Maruti when A** network is taken into account. TATA lags close to the bottom of the list.

And i guess we all know after reading through the dealership review sections of T-BHP that how well TATA workshops are competent to service their own cars(leave alone the Fiats)
Old 11th July 2006, 13:39   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Pls mind your language. You have no right to instruct me what I should or shoudn't do. I just stated the facts about Palio. You can also state facts about Esteem. Let the thread initator decide what is best for him.
You are asking me to mind my language.

Thats what i have said in my post is that let us help the thread starter in choosing since he has asked us for help in his buying decisions.

Anyways, i guess this thread is getting heated up now . Finney my friend, have fun with your Palio 1.2NV. Its a good car, enjoy it!

And Furioussphinx, i am sure these arguments are gonna help you in your buying decision. Best of Luck Bro, Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 11th July 2006 at 13:40.
Old 11th July 2006, 13:47   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Though One update , my fren bought new esteem and clocking 11.8 KMPL/AC/Bangalore City before first service.
While I agree that the esteem is more efficient than the Palio (I have owned both cars) owing to its lighter build, let me add my two cents here.

My Palio, before its first service gave me 12.5 KPL in Bangalore with 50% AC (520km/41L) on the last refill. Prior to that it gave me 11.8

So the FE is largely dependant on driving style/conditions and I would say that in identical conditions, the esteem would be approx 0.5 KPL more than the Palio.

O.T. Lets all please be civil guys! no personal attacks please!We all love our cars passionately. That is the first reason y we are members of this wonderful community. Let us not spoil that.
Old 11th July 2006, 13:50   #52
BHPian

Sure sure man, i was asleep today mrng and missed all this heated arguments over here. Man! An Esteem vs. Palio war....woah! never expected this to happen. All of u hold ur horses till tonight, am goin around the city to get a nice look at both the cars and will test drive too.

The things i collected frm this thread:

1. Palio is better lookin than Esteem
2. Esteem has a boot and Palio doesnt
3. Palio is sluggish compared to Esteem , I mean acc terms, so Esteem is swift.
4. Palio is heavier and hence safer than Esteem
5. The prob with Palio parts is solved thanx to Tata Alliance
6. Now Maruti parts are cheaper....well no war but sum said Palio's are cheaper but in Hyd I found palio exp.

Well cant recollect more Well hope I get my right car soon. And plz plz dont fight!
Old 11th July 2006, 14:11   #53
BHPian

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]
Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]4. Palio is heavier and hence safer than Esteem[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Guyz, One general question to the forum... How does heavier becomes safer ? Does it mean that good old Ambassador is safer to ESTEEM ? I think what matters is that how softly car absorbs the jolt. Please correct me if I am wrong.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 11th July 2006, 14:26   #54
BHPian

Quote:
There are just 3 - 4 threads threads on Palio in technical section and you have so nicely concluded that Palio has many technical issues???
I apologize if I appeared so.

Well, as a regular TBHPian, I do see a a number of threads on Palio issues. All I meant was a question to Palio owners about the issues.

I do not remember changing bumber of any of my cars. Just to say I am not much worried about spare costs. But I do worry about 2 things
1) The car's reliability- (Precisely why I am enquiring about palio)
2) In the worst case scenario, how fast I can get help

furioussphinx, as you said you would be doing highway driving, I think the above mentioned points are relevant to you.
Old 11th July 2006, 14:31   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J
Guyz, One general question to the forum... How does heavier becomes safer ? Does it mean that good old Ambassador is safer to ESTEEM ? I think what matters is that how softly car absorbs the jolt. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Nice question and you are not entirely wrong. Heavier does not automatically translate into safer (as is often quoted in this forum - esp, w.r.t. Fiat/American cars). More important are crumple zones and how the car absorbs most of the impact thereby passing on only minimal shock to the occupants. Infact there is another thread in this subject, which might be of interest to you. Check out
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...more-safe.html
Old 11th July 2006, 14:45   #56
Senior - BHPian

Okie buddy and keep one thing in your mind that fuel prices are going sky high so in future if you are planning to install LPG\CNG in palio you will be loosing your BOOT space but in Esteem you dont have to think twice before doing that..and trust me spare are cheaper and easily available for Esteem.. and you should get a gud esteem around 1.75-1.90k go thourgh all the details of car check all the ruber seals just to make sure that car has not met wit any major accident..check the flooring too.
best of luck.
Old 11th July 2006, 18:37   #57
BHPian

Hey Buddy!!!

Agreed Esteem is faster than Palio 1.2 .....

But esteem is an aged design the maintence is compartivley expensive......than a palio...and yes the spares are available easily things have changed ppl..at ;east FIAT is making an effort to change things ...

God Bless!!!!
Old 11th July 2006, 23:41   #58
BHPian

Phew! Am sooo tired today. Went around so many places looking for cars. This is the report. First coming to the 97,98,99 Esteems VX(Carbs) - Pathetic, interiors reminded me of 800 But did not like the ride quality at all. Prices 1.2-1.3L(96), 1.5-1.9(97,98,99)

Next the Esteems with Mpfi - Did not find much difference but the prices 2.2-2.5L

And then I tried out Ford Ikon 1.6 - Amazing when compared to Esteem, loce the ride quality and interiors, sweet. Price - Ikon 1.3 (2.5L) and saw a Ikon 1.6 for 2.6L

Finally I had a peek an OHC not sure if its 1.3 or 1.5 or vtec, but was way impressed by it, and I knew that OHC is the best! It had a price tag 3.5-4
.5L

BTW I checked out some Palios but the price quoted was too too high so I did not test drive any. Prices - 2.5L-3.5L

Hmm so things did not turn up as I expected.
Old 12th July 2006, 00:26   #59
Senior - BHPian

if you are looking to invest upto 3.5-4.5 on a OHC, you can also look at a mitsubishi lancer and hyundai accent.

as far as your case goes. You can look at ikon 1.6 and palio 1.6. Also maruti balenos go pretty cheap. I would recommend a maruti baleno for 3 and above instead of going for an esteem for 2.5-2.6
Old 12th July 2006, 02:59   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
if you are looking to invest upto 3.5-4.5 on a OHC, you can also look at a mitsubishi lancer and hyundai accent.

as far as your case goes. You can look at ikon 1.6 and palio 1.6. Also maruti balenos go pretty cheap. I would recommend a maruti baleno for 3 and above instead of going for an esteem for 2.5-2.6
dude I think that u really cannot compare the OHC with either Estem or Lancer coz its of a completely different standard Engineering, well this all stuff was told to me by a guy.So I guess if my Dad accepts that budget, I wud pick the OHC itself, lemme wait and see.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks