Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2006, 10:36   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeis - Hyundai Getz has better quality, seems more reliable (that's the feeling i get from swift and getz owners on T-BHP), Hyundai Getz has better ride and is more comfortable and has better interiors.
Hence the main reason.
Surprise,
Thanks for the links, i did a complete search of this site before posting this thread as i could not find any of his requirements met in any of the threads.
BTW, he isn't considering the Fiat Palio, he doesn't like ours for some reason. Also when the new model comes out resale will take a further hit. He even considered the Fiat Petra D but decided he wanted a hatchback ONLY.
Himanshu -
The esteem seems perfect maintainance wise but looking at the whole picture, it doesn't make any sense. Also, they want a hatchback only.
Islero,
style matters but the car won't be tuped or upgraded. At max, he may put bigger wheels and a KnN but thats it.

Guys, please take into consideration that his mother is in her late 60s so ride comfort is important.

Thanks for all your replies, will keep you guys posted.
Cheers

Last edited by lamborghini : 19th July 2006 at 10:41.
Old 19th July 2006, 19:39   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
when is the diesel version of the Getz and Swift expected?
Cheers,
Thanks
Old 20th July 2006, 12:20   #18
BHPian

If it is lady driven i would advise the swift. These are the points which i heard from my wife. She drives my Swift and also her sister's Getz & City. Below are the comparisions she threw between Getz abnd Swift.

1) Swift's steering is effortless.
2) Swift's clutch is silky smooth.
3) Swift's braking power is dam good.

The only problem reported is lack of rear visibility which should be solved by fitting reverse sensors.
Old 21st July 2006, 16:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Guys,
when is the diesel version of the Getz and Swift expected?
Cheers,
Thanks
Swift diesel is expected in end-2006 or 2007-beginning. Jagdish Khattar himself has made such statements before the press. Dunno about the Getz, though the latest Autocar India does make a mention of it (as well as of the 1.1 litre, three-cylinder Santro diesel) in its July'06 cover story.
Old 21st July 2006, 17:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksethuram
2) Swift's clutch is silky smooth.
Swift has corrupted me on this. Its hard to drive other vehicles with little bit hard clutch

Also the steering response is excellent. effortless drive

As sethu said, if the car is going to driven by a lady, this two things could play a big role.
Old 21st July 2006, 18:44   #21
BHPian

i like the looks of the the getz much more , also rear has better legroom , compared to the swift , heard that the a/c of the getz wasnt too good , you might want to enquire about that
Old 21st July 2006, 19:01   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jathinrao
What cud be the pricing for the SWIFT diesel ?
Well as per Times Of India News in July 06, it is in the range of 4-5 lakhs but as per Autocar it could be even 6.4 lakhs.

Last edited by Tech : 21st July 2006 at 19:02.
Old 21st July 2006, 22:38   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
Acc. to August 06 issue of ACI, Getz diesel is expected in end 2007.
6L seems to be the figure that one should expect for the top of the line diesel Swift.
My bro is planning a TD soon and i will keep you guys updated.
Cheers
Old 24th July 2006, 12:04   #24
BHPian

i think with the family consideration in place go for a getz out of what u have short listed or else esteem also will be a great buy you can get the VXi in the esteem . the swift is a great car to drive ,good performance , but the space is something people will not like in the rear.
Old 25th July 2006, 13:00   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
Just spoke to my brother and he plans on getting an LPG kit put in the car.
Is it adviseable?
Or should i advise him to check out the Palio D and Indica Turbo?
Even though they don't meet his requirements and he is not particularly fond of either?
Cheers

Last edited by lamborghini : 25th July 2006 at 13:06.
Old 25th July 2006, 14:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Just spoke to my brother and he plans on getting an LPG kit put in the car.
Is it adviseable?
Or should i advise him to check out the Palio D and Indica Turbo?
Even though they don't meet his requirements and he is not particularly fond of either?
Cheers

Why not check the new WagonR DUO.. seems to meet most of your requirements including LPG!
Old 25th July 2006, 20:54   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
Thanks for all your help.
The choice seems to be moving more in the favor of the Getz and the finance scheme is quite irresistible so i guess he is going to get the Getz soon.

dceite - i had asked him if he would be intrested in the wagonR when he asked about getting an LPG put but he wasn't keen.

Also guys,
what would be the approximate resale value of a 2004 Santro Xing XG done 33Kkm which has suffered one sort of serious crash?

And another question, would there be any warranty problems if we put an aftermarket LPG kit and are there any brands we should go in for and from where?
Are there any mods that can help increase FE if we choose not to get the LPG kit?
Cheers and thanks a lot.
Old 25th July 2006, 23:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The choice seems to be moving more in the favor of the Getz and the finance scheme is quite irresistible so i guess he is going to get the Getz soon.

And another question, would there be any warranty problems if we put an aftermarket LPG kit and are there any brands we should go in for and from where?
Lambo... go for the Getz. Put in a K&N replacement filter. Get 195/50/R15 rubber and nice wheels. Remember to use your own Engine Oil (I use Mobil1 SuperSyn). It will drive better than a Swift any day. I am a driving enthusiast and say this with 50k on the meter in my 2004 Getz. This is one of the best cars we have ever owned. Most of my friends (including some whose families have been servicing exotic cars since last 30 years) have test driven and preferred the Getz over the Swift. All I can say is that the Getz isnt for everyone, but then neither is Chardonnay...

As for the LPG conversion, wait for your warranty to end... You can look at the Lovato (all Italian parts) kit which costs around 30k with Lambda unit and emulator.
Old 26th July 2006, 00:16   #29
Team-BHP Support

considering the budget is 5.5 lakhs and your bro wants a fun to drive car, why leave out the ford fusion after the mouth watering discounts Ford has to offer.

Great inetriors, powerful engine, loads of space,decent ride quality, etc. If fuel economy is an issue wait for the new fusion with a diesel powerplant, but then that mite need you cousin to up his game by a couple of lakhs.
Hence if fuel eff. is not a serious parameter, i'd blindly pick a fusion.

Its simply from a completely different league compared to the twins we are comparing here.

manson.
Old 26th July 2006, 14:31   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
thanks for your replies.
Gunbir,
we are almost finalising Getz and will take your advise.
Is there anything we should look out for while buying a Getz?
Manson,
FE is an important parameter. Infact one of the more important one.
I don't think my brother would mind expanding his budget a bit but the car has to be a hatchback.
Also he wasn't very fond of the Fusion when he saw it though it was my first option.
Oh and when is the Fusion Diesel expected?
Thanks and cheers.

Most Viewed