Hyundai Grand i10 100 42.55%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2016, 09:19   #181
BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift vs Hyundai Grand i10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgps View Post
Baleno sigma is not available at Maruti showrooms, cheapest baleno was priced above 6.4L if i remember correctly and there is a long waiting list. He needs his car delivered as soon as possible.
Surprising that they are saying Baleno Sigma is not available. Couple of my relatives who were looking at the same price range of under 6 lakhs, have ended up buying the Sigma.

In that case, Ameo would be my top choice, given the pricing, should also be available quickly too, and the feeling of having brand new model is exquisite.

Grand i10 is a wonderful car, but it only has Driver airbags in Magna, while there are better cars at that price point with more, worth considering.
Old 23rd June 2016, 12:25   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Surprising that they are saying Baleno Sigma is not available. Couple of my relatives who were looking at the same price range of under 6 lakhs, have ended up buying the Sigma.

In that case, Ameo would be my top choice, given the pricing, should also be available quickly too, and the feeling of having brand new model is exquisite.

Grand i10 is a wonderful car, but it only has Driver airbags in Magna, while there are better cars at that price point with more, worth considering.
Not only sigma not being available, long waiting period on baleno is also keeping him away from it.

Wouldn't service and maintenance cost of Ameo cost a bomb? Considering its a VW?
Old 24th June 2016, 01:05   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgps View Post
Not only sigma not being available, long waiting period on baleno is also keeping him away from it.

Wouldn't service and maintenance cost of Ameo cost a bomb? Considering its a VW?
My Polo owning friends tell me the difference is close to 2k when you consider annual service for VW vs half yearly services. The many many Polo ownership threads, would help you out on the same too, since the car is basically a Polo.

3-4 years is a pretty low ownership period for cars these days, and he would suffer a rather large depreciation hit on whatever he may purchase. Its better to buy considering a longer ownership. If your friend has decided that he would be selling the car in 3-4 years, no matter what, financially, it might be worth looking at used car market too.
Old 24th June 2016, 07:27   #184
Senior - BHPian

Grand i10 is a better choice compared to the Swift.
Being a BHPian, please try to educate him about the necessity of ABS and Airbags. If you manage to convince him, he'll educate more people and raise awareness.

Since he is not too concerned about FTD factor, the Figo with it's weak petrol engine (only relatively) would be a best choice considering it's got airbags and ABS in most trims.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 24th June 2016 at 07:28.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 13:17   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
My Polo owning friends tell me the difference is close to 2k when you consider annual service for VW vs half yearly services. The many many Polo ownership threads, would help you out on the same too, since the car is basically a Polo.

3-4 years is a pretty low ownership period for cars these days, and he would suffer a rather large depreciation hit on whatever he may purchase. Its better to buy considering a longer ownership. If your friend has decided that he would be selling the car in 3-4 years, no matter what, financially, it might be worth looking at used car market too.
Talked to him. He will personally use the car for 3-4 years. The car will be passed to someone else in his family and will be used for 7 years/1L KM before being sold.
He's not interested in used cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Since he is not too concerned about FTD factor, the Figo with it's weak petrol engine (only relatively) would be a best choice considering it's got airbags and ABS in most trims.
Figo got airbag(s) standard but ABS is only available on top variant which is out of his budget.
hgps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 12:23   #186
BHPian

Update: He increased his budget and booked a hyundai i20 magna.
Old 12th July 2018, 06:56   #187
BHPian

Grand i10 vs Tiago : Which car under INR 5 Lakhs?

Posting on behalf of a friend.

He's looking to purchase his first car, and is based in Kolkata.
The car shall be mostly used for city runabouts.

The present budget is INR 5 lakhs OTR, which shall be most probably under a financing scheme.

Presently, we have short listed the Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift and the Tata Tiago, whose pros and cons are very similar to those mentioned in their official reviews, though test drives are yet to be taken.
There's no preference of automatic or manual as of now, but I believe decent specced automatic would go beyond the budget range.

What would you guys advise amongst the two? Any other car which should be considered?

Also, any leads regarding a particular dealer contact or a trusted Finance personnel who can offer a lucrative deal shall be much appreciated.

Last edited by sharktale : 12th July 2018 at 06:59. Reason: punctuation
Old 12th July 2018, 07:03   #188
Senior - BHPian

Re: Grand i10 vs Tiago : Which car under INR 5 Lakhs?

At that price find a good used car. Tiago is a good bet compared to the Grand i10, I'd say - but all this is personal taste, so will depend on how comfortable your friend is, so let him test drive a few models (eg: rented from Zoomcar) before he decides.

Look at the tbhp classifieds for (not all BHPian owned, but several which will be) used cars, along with OLX etc, as these are going to be hopefully better than dealers. Try buying directly from the owner.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/sear...qs_button=Find
Old 12th July 2018, 07:04   #189
Senior - BHPian

IMO, Grand i10 or Tata Tiago Automatic (AMT) will cost much more than
R.5 Lakhs. You can try Maruti Alto K10 AMT, which may fit in your friends budget.
Old 12th July 2018, 09:30   #190
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai cars are well built, reliable and last long. We have a 10 year i10 which drives as if it was bought last year. I would recommend i10 Grand. But i10 grand is a segment above Tiago. Hyundai is expected to launch the all new Santro in October, which would directly compete with the Tiago.
Old 13th July 2018, 13:00   #191
BHPian

Although I have an I10 Automatic, which is a superb vehicle, there are couple of short-comings, in my opinion:

* Low mileage
* No rear seat split fold-down
* No steering Tilt feature

So I voted for the Swift

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks