Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2006, 21:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
maybe a letter to fiat would not be such a bad idea about my expereince
Send a email to fiat about this. They say they are taking sales and service issues very seriously now, it will be a good way to test their claims. Shaman is a absolutely lethargic and pathetic dealer just like Fortpoint. Try a tata-fiat dealer. Or Lambo is right, call Anuroop.
Old 30th September 2006, 21:02   #32
BHPian

hey guys booking palio 1.6 sports on mondey from fortune nerul, yellow color overall discount i am getting is 80,000. any last moment checklist pls advice.

selling 1.6 ikon anyone interested can pm me, mods sorry if this not th right place to mention it.
Old 30th September 2006, 23:04   #33
BHPian

fine let me ask it, which colour out of two is more difficult to maintain yellow or red and which one is likely to fade early.
Old 30th September 2006, 23:20   #34
BHPian

Yellow would be easier to maintain since red is a darker shade.Also,the swirl marks from cleaning with cloth would be more evident on the red.But please be careful when taking delivery of the car and check the mfd date.Yellow does'nt do too well in the market so chances of an old car are high.Anyways,hoping that the Palio serves you well for years to come and enjoy your ride.Good luck!
Old 30th September 2006, 23:29   #35
BHPian

thanks rom, i was hesitant about yellow initially but my gut feeling was right about red colour, the fellows have promised me a brand new palio i think its built on order so no problems about that but yup would be defenilty care ful, five years and still not been able to forget this beauty, i agree with roms again, "all things italian... "

Last edited by fight_club : 30th September 2006 at 23:31.
Old 4th October 2006, 17:36   #36
BHPian

latest update: booked it but from wasan, i had an argument with gm sales of fortune the fellow was saying i have to take delivery of a vehicle from the stock, which are anyway not more then 1, 1 and half month old and i was admant on built-on order so the smart alec started explaning me how the stock scenerio work and how he would be able to offer not more then 50,000 on built-to order, may be mistook my overt enthusiasm in this hatch with forbearance so cant tell you how shell shocked he was when he heard that i booked if from wasan at discount of 90,000 that also on built-on order no stock for me.

while chatting with the salesman i found out that sales of fiat is on the rise and adventure is taking the lead, now thats a great news for fiat lovers
Old 4th October 2006, 20:48   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club
wasan at discount of 90,000 that also on built-on order no stock for me.
Are you sure about this? Do they still manufacture 1.6? I thought they have stopped the production of Palios since 1-2 months and all you can get are the stock ones. Correct me if I am wrong???

Last edited by windsurfer : 4th October 2006 at 21:01.
Old 4th October 2006, 21:02   #38
BHPian

production of 1.6 has not been stopped, its available on order, as these Wasan ppl have no stock of 1.6 and dear they have shown me their inventory report. further i would take the delivery only after the inspection. why dont you check with some dealer.
Old 5th October 2006, 11:12   #39
BHPian

Quote:
production of 1.6 has not been stopped, its available on order, as these Wasan ppl have no stock of 1.6 and dear they have shown me their inventory report. further i would take the delivery only after the inspection. why dont you check with some dealer.
Great!!!

I was not aware of this. I am planning to buy one, but was not sure about the stock ones.All the dealers here are pretty sure that they cannot get one car and they would need more bookings to get a new car.

Malik motors (TATA dealer) shown me Red Palio 1.6 which he claimed to be 2 months old. Well, after checking the car i found out that it was manufactured in April 2006. Also, he told me that this car was not meant to TD car. But the odo showed 112km. On enquiring with other people in the showroom, they confirmed that this was used as a TD car earlier and they have stopped it now.

So, I have ruled out this dealer. I will try to check up with Anuroop Hyderabad and other TATA dealers.

Also, Can you please update this thread when you take the delivery?
Old 5th October 2006, 23:58   #40
BHPian

A real bad day : so bubble has finally burst, today i was told by Wasan people that yellow colour is not avialable, on enquiring that they were supposed to get me a new one they did not have any satisfatory reply.
i called up anuroop who told me if i order now it will take about a month to get the delivery, shaman master of disgusest to me, told that palio 1.6 production was stopped after march and all the model available are of march.
i have written a letter to fiat and will update you about the reply, seems like the dream car will remain elusive for some time but anyway i have decided to get at the bottom of the matter and will update everyone here anyone in mumbai having any info pls come forward.
Old 6th October 2006, 12:30   #41
BHPian

Quote:
A real bad day : so bubble has finally burst, today i was told by Wasan people that yellow colour is not avialable, on enquiring that they were supposed to get me a new one they did not have any satisfatory reply.
i called up anuroop who told me if i order now it will take about a month to get the delivery, shaman master of disgusest to me, told that palio 1.6 production was stopped after march and all the model available are of march.
i have written a letter to fiat and will update you about the reply, seems like the dream car will remain elusive for some time but anyway i have decided to get at the bottom of the matter and will update everyone here anyone in mumbai having any info pls come forward.
Thanks Fight_Club. Spoke to Anuroop hyderabad. They are promosing me a new car after 1 week of booking. I will try to get more details. will update when i have more details.
Old 7th October 2006, 00:23   #42
BHPian

guys as i have posted on another thread today finally booked the last yellow 1.6 available here is the story.

went to Wasan in the morning met the manager who was a little embarrassed and very accomodating, they told me flatly no yellow is available in stock i had already confirmed with every dealer in mumbai. so i enquired about the stock scenerio, i was shown inventory status and i guess they hardly have 10-15 palio only red, all of them manufactured around march by latest.
Fortune dealers luckly had that yellow colour model still their, i was on my way back to vashi, while coming back just near toll naka at a signal i saw a new looking yellow palio 1.6, man i was just looking at it with so much affetion and awe which a brand new vtec owner should not, i searched for the dealer stamp on the rear and some jay auto was mentioned so it was not from mumbai. As signal turned green he is vanished with his palio in a flash constant honkin of horns broke my spell, that yellow with fortune is going to mine i was doubly determined.

heaved a huge sigh of relief when i saw its been put up in the display, now this fortune salesperson got his life back the moment he heard that my deal with Wasan is off, met the GM thier i enquired about the make of this palio and he replied about two month old , we went for an inspection, the GM started saying he would not be able to offer me more than 85,000 discount, we opened the bonnet i searched for the manufacturing date B 2006, i pointed to the GM, so it was Feb model, he bore a look as if he was yorked all the stumps uprooted, i checked the car i was prepared anyway so feb model i will take it, i demanded 90,000 discount a call to their director they agreed, stamp duty they quoted me last time was 2500, but WASAN had quoted me only 420 which turns out to be 0.1 % of the loan amount. i embarrassed them more by asking who come they qouted 2500 by now these gentlemen were really cutting a sorry figure so i let it go. i paid a down payment of 23900, which includes 4% cess, 4200 for extended warranty. when i was walking out of the showroom i told the salesman " consider my palio as your daughter who got engaged to me today take it out from display and nobody is touching it or even seeing it"
poor fellow(thrilled and terrified at the same time) finally managed a grin.

Last edited by fight_club : 7th October 2006 at 00:28.
Old 7th October 2006, 00:46   #43
BHPian

Congratulations on your new purchase, be ready for all the attention your car will generate while driving, Its a real beauty..
Old 7th October 2006, 01:12   #44
BHPian

thanks major and let me admit your quote is really funny, windy sorry i forgot to congrats you,

Quote:
i would rather have a palio then those 5 lacs in the bank
for you major
Old 8th October 2006, 20:50   #45
Senior - BHPian

1.6 in Canary yellow........... Man.... most of the time you will see ppl staring at ur beauty and dreaming abt one... ... Well even I will be one of them....

CHeers
NeoOnWheels
Palio 1.2 Sport / 13 KMPL / AND IT ROCKS !!!

Last edited by neoonwheels : 8th October 2006 at 20:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks