Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2006, 00:27   #1
BHPian

Palio V/s palio

hey guys, hope u all are rocking with your loved ones(for god sake i mean cars ). I am sure by the the time you all end reading this thread you will know i have outdone myself as far as being nuts is concerned. ok coming to the point.
i saw her 4 years ago and immidiatly fell in love with her it was Palio 1.6 s10 edition then, but as i was purchasing my first car everyone told me not go for it(obvious reasons) and i settled for ikon 1.6nxt not bad at all but somewhere in my heart my longing for my beauty never died.

last month it was time to upgrade and it was like mind over matter as i have realised with ford, what service and brand value means so i went ahead with honda city vtec, tried to satisfy both my mind and heart, i will be putting a full blown review of my vtec soon, coming back, my heart was still aching for something wild for the monster inside me and i knew my life will never be complete without palio, so i started planing why not sell off my 1.6 nxt(yup i didn't sell it) and go for a palio, i took a test drive of rally red 1.6 couple of weeks ago but their my eyes were fixed on somehting different, it was adventure sport, huh, i shrugged off, where is the need, palio is the answer and parking woudn't be a problem, now you all will have to keep in mind that i have to justify and explain my reason for another car in one month so i thought of the following excuse.

Bright idea no.1, since my wife also wants to drive, a small car would be ideal and then taking my vtec to office which is just 6 km away daily doesn't make sense so take a small car which my wife can drive and i will also take it to office regularly vtec will come into action for weekends or long drives, not sure my dad was too impressed with it, but then he is still unable to understand why have i gone for vtec when ikon was running fine, but somehow i took him into confidence that ikon would be a problem for my wife who is still learning to drive maybe first time he thought it was an idea with lesser degree of craziness so he nodded,

it all came to nadir when i took the test drive of adventure, that look, that attitude and sex appeal and know what guys thunder black colour is also available. now my wife protested like NDA against Govt, when she smelled what was cooking m not sure how will my dad take it or everyone else who behave and think rationally, but guys adventure is availsable at a discount of 50,000 and i have not started bargaing yet, so here i am supposed to make a crazy decision and yet make some sense out of it, but my problems getting compunded by second, so here i am seeking help from you unabashadly biased towards Palio to help me out .

Quote:
A general feeling of aderline rush in your blood vessels, regular siting of an italian monster in your dreamz,go cure your self go palio

Last edited by fight_club : 26th July 2006 at 00:32.
Old 26th July 2006, 02:04   #2
BHPian

ok guys, its not funny should it be Adventure sports or Palio 1.6, cmon guys i need lots of resons to justify lots of ppl. i mean its been hardly 2 weeks since i took delivery of VTec, not sure what she(vtec) would be thinking..
Old 26th July 2006, 02:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

If you want power and handling, then the Adventure would be a bad choice. I've driven it, soon after the Palio 1.6 drive and it felt sluggish, heavy and unsatisfying.

The adventure is meant for weekend outings with your family. Clipping it on the roads, is the last thing you should be doing with it.

Quote:
i mean its been hardly 2 weeks since i took delivery of VTec, not sure what she(vtec) would be thinking..
She's thinking "Damn, why couldn't I have been made, 3 years ago". LOL

Shan2nu
Old 26th July 2006, 02:43   #4
BHPian

Quote:
If you want power and handling, then the Adventure would be a bad choice. I've driven it, soon after the Palio 1.6 drive and it felt sluggish, heavy and unsatisfying.
Well pick up in 1st gear is sluggish but then it makes it up, ofcourse you cant compare an Adventure and Palio 1.6 handling in the same vien, but plus is great look, ride and handling(keeping in mind long tail). but in totality i agree with you Palio would be a different beast altoghether as far as pure accelearation is concerned, but then its once in a lifetime thing adventure costing me 5.80 otr, think about that

thanks anyway bro
Old 26th July 2006, 07:35   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Maybe you should have got a Adventure sports instead of the VTec, and then a 1.6!

The space in the adventure can be very very useful when you travel. If you do a lot of travelling, then you could really give it a thought. Else if you feel the boot of the VTec is enough to carry your supplies, then you can use the VTec for your trips, and go for the 1.6.
Old 26th July 2006, 10:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

Dude,

IMHO, go fo rthe 1.6 Sport. The rationale is as follows:

U already have a "big" car in teh VTEC. Plus, u were smitten by the Palio purely on account of the S10. U bought a copule of very good cars but ur heart still yearned for the Palio.

Think what was the reason that enamoured the Palio to u. If i were to hazard a guess, I would say the gorgeous looks as well as the amazing drive.

So while the adventure is no less attractive (in its own way), teh drive is not comparable to a 1.6 sport, which is like an alsatian strining on the leash to break away.

So for once listen to ur heart and go for the Palio. After all , as they say, come what may, u can nerver get over your first love

Keep us posted on ur decision
Old 26th July 2006, 11:00   #7
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Any Idea about the launch dates of palio 1.6 and adventure with the new look.I'm planning for a new one as I extensively used my 1.2 ELX and want an upgrade. But I want it with a new look.

Any idea about the launch of the below mentioned one in India.

The url is http://www.fiat.com.ar/micrositios/adventure/
Old 26th July 2006, 11:43   #8
BHPian

Adventure is terrific value for money...thanks to the further price cuts...its a real bargain.....and a true head turner :-)
And very few cars beat it in terms of ride quality....

Bottomline: you cant go wrong with both (touch choice)....but if you can afford the adventure...go for it.... you will never look back!..
It makes even more sense since its your second car...

On the other hand if you want to try your hand on modding, palio/petra 1.6 is the obvious choice !

Good Luck!
Karthik
Thunder black Adventure sport
Old 26th July 2006, 12:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

You already have a Ikon1.6 and a brand new Vtec. And you are still thinking about getting another car - a station wagon being one of the choices. Cool.
Now to get back to practicality, I would think the best option for you is to sell off the Ikon and get the Palio1.6, which would :
1. Fulfill your dream of owning the car you yearned for, for a long time.
2. Give you a hatch for the city and a booted sedan for the long drives.
Old 26th July 2006, 14:17   #10
BHPian

Quote:
U already have a "big" car in teh VTEC. Plus, u were smitten by the Palio purely on account of the S10. U bought a copule of very good cars but ur heart still yearned for the Palio.
make sense isnt it,

Quote:
Bottomline: you cant go wrong with both (touch choice)....but if you can afford the adventure...go for it.... you will never look back!..
It makes even more sense since its your second car...
thats what i was contemplating

Quote:
Now to get back to practicality, I would think the best option for you is to sell off the Ikon and get the Palio1.6, which would :

yup IKON has to go, and again a hatch makes sense, plus my dad and wife will not protest then, gosh i wish adventure sports was not made, it has truely smitten me with its loads of presence and attitude, whatever i will make a decision soon, somewhere down i know palio would make more sense, as Supreme mentioned, but i have a feeling next time i see adventure and especially in the new one in thunder black i would be driving home in it, funny isn't for four long years i waited for my baby and when finally i want to go for it, Adventure swooped me off my feet, i think i will have another test drive of 1.6 just to keep thinking about it

Quote:
Maybe you should have got a Adventure sports instead of the VTec, and then a 1.6!
Old 26th July 2006, 14:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club
funny isn't for four long years i waited for my baby and when finally i want to go for it, Adventure swooped me off my feet
Looks like you have outgrown your puppy love and fallen for another babe. Not an uncommon thing with men - when it comes to cars and women.
If so, I would say (modifying my previous advice which was from the head - this is from the heart) forget the Palio and go for the Adventure. Why buy the Palio and then later regret that the Adventure would have been a better choice?

Frankly, it does not make much of a difference either way. Both are big cars in their own way - the Palio even though a hatch is much bigger and heavier than its peers. Also, FE wise, both will return you almost the same FE - Palio would be around 8-9 and the Adventure maybe 7-8. No big deal. The A** is going to be the same. etc etc.

To bring your wife/Dad around, try jargon like, "Italian design", "lifestyle statement", "stands out in a crowd of sedans", "good for long trips", "hauls loads of stuff", etc etc. Best of Luck.
Old 26th July 2006, 14:51   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a really tough choice.
We currently own a Palio 1.6 but then everythim i see an Adventure in Ferrari Red my mind starts day dreaming of owning on of these beauts and it goes on and on and at times i don't even get sleep in the night.
But the fact is, knowing my parents, who may be similar to yours in terms of thinking, they are apprehensive about getting estates and SUV's to a point that i know i would have to put up a big fight over getting one, so in the end i have started dreaming about a blood red Palio 1.6 instead.
And IMHO, it would be easier for you too to get a Palio 1.6 and that is my option.
You already have a big, comfortable cruiser in the VTEC as we do in the fiesta and others.
What you need is something that would make you look forward to going to office, look forward to waking up early on your day off just to go for a long peacefull drive, and for that, i would still suggest you get the Palio 1.6 Sport.

Damn, after writing this i want my license so desperately.
Old 26th July 2006, 18:18   #13
BHPian

Quote:
If so, I would say (modifying my previous advice which was from the head - this is from the heart) forget the Palio and go for the Adventure.
advice from heart makes so much sense on a Palio thread, anyway here is my plan of action.

1) taking TD of palio 1.6 again tom, what are my priorities, insane accelaration, driving pleasure, confident inspiring handling traits.

do i get them in palio" of yes !!,

advantage if i go for it, my wife can drive, no parking problems, easy in city driving conditions, my old love

Adventure sports, want to see it in black colour, looks, looks, lots of attitude, opportunity to get a life style vehicle at very attractive price,

what can hold me from buying it, first of all my wife, she has already started learning, and it was me who told her to do that as i wanted to keep my ikon, she looked at me as if i was cheating her when she saw me driving adventure in TD, ok how many of you will gift your wife an adventure, and what will you tell her, may be i should let her drive ikon for a while and then she can take care of vtec if not adventure, keep in mind that from sept onward i would be doing regular trips of pune,

obiously accomodating adventure seems tough, but somehow i will be able to convince my better half then you guys can easily imagine me going for unneccassary long drive with cans of beer in that huge boot, and scaring the hell out of those rikshawalas ok guys over and out for today now i just want to think about Palio till tomorrow,

Quote:
and at times i don't even get sleep in the night
maybe if i will have adventure u r welcome to sleep in that as proly, my wife will through me out so u can share the boot and the beer heck thats enough reason to go for it
Old 26th July 2006, 18:48   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Dude,
in that case,
since you will be driving to Pune on your own, then it makes more sense to go for the adventure.
Also your heart is set on it then why wait for another 3 years of buying a Palio and then consider an Adventure which you liked 3 years ago and have thought about it ever since when you will be head over heals with another car like the grande punto.
Just go for it man and be happy and post pics so i can get better sleep out here.
Also, you can tell your wife that the NHC is a more comfortable car for her to drive in the city and hence she should learn on it.
It works. Trust me.
Old 26th July 2006, 19:43   #15
Senior - BHPian

Dumb idea : Sell the vtec and buy an adventure and a palio

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks