Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2020, 22:02   #571
BHPian
 
janakiram_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 52
Thanked: 425 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo(1.2L Petrol) VS Tata Altroz(1.2L Petrol) VS Tata Tiago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefpk View Post
Hi fellow BHPians!
This is my first thread after joining Team-BHP. Please pardon me for any mistakes or errors in my post. Let me get started with what I am here for.

......
  1. Ford Figo 1.2L Titanium
  2. Tata Altroz XE(not considering the XM since it is not much of an upgrade over the XE. I would rather buy an XE and get some after market alloys, music system and other stuff.)
  3. Tata Tiago XZ
I was on a similar situation a few months and chose Tiago over the other two. Mainly because I preferred an Automatic but I was considering the Manuals also.

I can tell you some hits and misses in each of your choices.

1.Figo Titanium
Positives
  • Better engine in the list.
  • Service cost is manageable.
  • Better driving ergonomics.
  • Aftermarket parts not needed as the feature list is good.
  • Safety.
Negatives
  • Old design.
  • Backseats would be cramped but you get good thick comfortable seats.
  • ASC quality half decade down the line is questionable with the Mahindra-Ford JV.

2.Altroz XE
Positives
  • Great looking.
  • Safety.
  • 90 degree doors, Hump free back footwell.
  • Service cost is manageable
Negatives
  • Features are barebone. Aftermarket installations never look good as factory finish.
  • Backseats are roomy but don't have much thigh support for tall people.
  • Tata ASC would be hit or miss.

3.Tiago XZ+
Positives
  • Feature loaded.
  • Safety.
  • Service cost is manageable
Negatives.
  • A segment below.
  • Backseats are not comfortable for long journeys.
  • Tata ASC would be hit or miss.

IMO go for Figo Titanium if on strict budget. If you can stretch then go for Altroz XT. I am not suggesting Tiago only because of the backseat issue else it is the VFM in the list. Take TDs of all three before you make up your mind.
janakiram_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 22:07   #572
BHPian
 
chiefpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: YNR(HR), Delhi
Posts: 145
Thanked: 290 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo(1.2L Petrol) VS Tata Altroz(1.2L Petrol) VS Tata Tiago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janakiram_m View Post
I was on a similar situation a few months and chose Tiago over the other two. Mainly because I preferred an Automatic but I was considering the Manuals also.

I can tell you some hits and misses in each of your choices.

1.Figo Titanium
Positives
  • Better engine in the list.
  • Service cost is manageable.
  • Better driving ergonomics.
  • Aftermarket parts not needed as the feature list is good.
  • Safety.
Negatives
  • Old design.
  • Backseats would be cramped but you get good thick comfortable seats.
  • ASC quality half decade down the line is questionable with the Mahindra-Ford JV.

2.Altroz XE
Positives
  • Great looking.
  • Safety.
  • 90 degree doors, Hump free back footwell.
  • Service cost is manageable
Negatives
  • Features are barebone. Aftermarket installations never look good as factory finish.
  • Backseats are roomy but don't have much thigh support for tall people.
  • Tata ASC would be hit or miss.

3.Tiago XZ+
Positives
  • Feature loaded.
  • Safety.
  • Service cost is manageable
Negatives.
  • A segment below.
  • Backseats are not comfortable for long journeys.
  • Tata ASC would be hit or miss.

IMO go for Figo Titanium if on strict budget. If you can stretch then go for Altroz XT. I am not suggesting Tiago only because of the backseat issue else it is the VFM in the list. Take TDs of all three before you make up your mind.
Very detailed analysis sir. Thank you for the info. IMHO my family is not that tall all under 5'8" so i found the rear seat of the figo well beyond my expectation plus add the adjustable headrests which is somethiing beneficial too. I will surely take TD's of all three vehicles. Thank you for your help and really agree with your suggestions.
chiefpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 22:30   #573
AYP
BHPian
 
AYP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 785
Thanked: 1,674 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo(1.2L Petrol) VS Tata Altroz(1.2L Petrol) VS Tata Tiago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefpk View Post
Well you are quite right in terms of your choices and based on the fact that the altroz rhythm costs around 7.4 lacs OTR without any ongoing discounts. Figo blu would have been my pick if it would not have those black interiors which makes it claustrophobic ( the fact that I really feel Nauseous and my family too, in a car cabin thats not spacious and airy). The figo titanium also is priced around 7.3 lacs OTR over which im getting it at around 6.7 lacs(if taken with 1 year zero dep as of now) is a great deal, considering I get better engine, alloys, adjustable rear headrests is also icing on the cake. Plus ford's excellent A.S.S as compared to Tata's which is a hit or a miss still needs a solid reason to put my money on. Do let me know your thoughts about the same
The Figo at 6.7L is indeed a great deal with all the positives that you have mentioned. Go for it if you do not feel like stretching for XM Rhythm. You may check out the i10 Nios Sportz as well.
AYP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 22:38   #574
BHPian
 
chiefpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: YNR(HR), Delhi
Posts: 145
Thanked: 290 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo(1.2L Petrol) VS Tata Altroz(1.2L Petrol) VS Tata Tiago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
The Figo at 6.7L is indeed a great deal with all the positives that you have mentioned. Go for it if you do not feel like stretching for XM Rhythm. You may check out the i10 Nios Sportz as well.
Did check out the Nios Sportz as well. Liked the design and the interiors, but the way the steering feels!! Damn, it really is lifeless with no character. Even a newbie like me pointed out this thing. Nios suits better for city ride which is not the case here. Also Hyundai's safety isn't as assuring since they don't send their cars to the GNCAP (though there was a sky high difference between the weight and thud of the doors as compared to the swift).


Note from Support: Typos, spacing fixed. Please run a spell-check before posting.

Last edited by aah78 : 4th August 2020 at 22:45. Reason: See note. Thanks!
chiefpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 17:08   #575
BHPian
 
fluidic_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Noida
Posts: 33
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: The B2-segment Hatchbacks Comparison Thread!

My father is 70 year old now and he is looking to replace his manual Santro which is nearing 15 years now. Want to get a small automatic around 5 - 6 lakhs which he can easily navigate in city traffic and occasional highways. The overall drive will be limited to 3K - 5K kms per year. Confused between the following options -

1. Kwid RXT AMT 1.0 Opt
2. Celerio ZXI AMT
3. WagonR VXI AMT 1.0

Kindly suggest as to which will be the best one to go for. Any other option to be considered?
fluidic_fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 17:55   #576
BHPian
 
chiefpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: YNR(HR), Delhi
Posts: 145
Thanked: 290 Times
Default Re: The B2-segment Hatchbacks Comparison Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidic_fan View Post
My father is 70 year old now and he is looking to replace his manual Santro which is nearing 15 years now. Want to get a small automatic around 5 - 6 lakhs which he can easily navigate in city traffic and occasional highways. The overall drive will be limited to 3K - 5K kms per year. Confused between the following options -

1. Kwid RXT AMT 1.0 Opt
2. Celerio ZXI AMT
3. WagonR VXI AMT 1.0

Kindly suggest as to which will be the best one to go for. Any other option to be considered?
Great question TBH! Considering that your father is now 70 years old, I would rather suggest you to upgrade your budget(if possible) to a safer and more practical option that would be the Tiago automatic XZ variant (ex-showroom 6.2 lacs) or a pre-owned 1-2 year old Tiago automatic. It would be much better option IMO since the cars you stated above are not very great and reliable in terms of build and safety.
If any of the above options are considered, I would ask you to go with the WagonR considering its more spacious and it's easier egress and ingress would add to the comfort of your father.
chiefpk is offline   (4) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks