Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2024, 08:53   #706

Re: The B2-segment Hatchbacks Comparison Thread!

I took the delivery of my i20 Sportz on Sunday (31st Dec). Took some effort to convince the sales person to do the delivery on a Sunday as they wanted me to take it on Saturday (limited staff due to new year weekend off). Family was strictly against Saturday delivery.

The showroom arranged a pujari, gave us the gifts, threw in nice number plates as part of the gifts and send us on our way. I took one of their drivers as I wanted to get comfortable before driving in the city.

On Jan 1, drove around 50 kms on the outer ring road and some narrow gullies. Truly in love with the ride quality (obviously after the tiny, manual Eon). Good suspension (missed a few non-obvious low speed breakers on a road I wasn't familiar with but didn't feel the jolt as much but the big ones hit differently), stable in turns. The mileage is shown as 12.5 for now (I did spend a lot of time sitting in with the AC on, studying the features so the mileage I see now might not be the true value, but I guess I shouldn't expect more than 12-13 in city based on user reviews).

Love how feature rich the car is, nice infotainment, good speakers(though I keep the volume super low so not a lot of expectations here).Pretty sure I won't be using half the features but good to have nevertheless

We really wanted the fiery red color, but had to go for starry blue as they didn't have red and didn't look motivated enough to find us one. I like the blue one too, but not sure if it will dull with time.

Planning to get art leather seats (don't see the default light colored seat covers staying clean for too long) and dashcam installed during the service in Feb. The dashcam the dealer had was upwards of 12K so will be getting one myself and asking them to install.

And here it is Thanks much for your guidance everyone. Happy New Year and happy driving!
Attached Thumbnails
The B2-segment Hatchbacks Comparison Thread!-yes-1.jpg  

The B2-segment Hatchbacks Comparison Thread!-yes-3.jpg  

s_mp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 08:59   #707

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
- That car's design fits the definition of a premium hatchback to the T. The i20 comes second. This is even evident in the HyRyder vs Grand Vitara's design and especially interiors. Toyota's intelligent use of materials and lighter colors makes them feel more premium despite their Maruti counterparts being similar in every way except aesthetics.

- That was evident from your "thing for the i20" and the brilliant car that is, especially for our traffic. Its ability to keep you at a distance from the chaos outside is applaudable. Its a car I would love to drive after a long day in that traffic

- My definition and expectation from an automatic is that I slot it in D and it handles everything that comes in the way. I shouldn't have to worry about it overheating or baby it into neutral and use the handbrake to get rolling again. If I had to do all this I would get a manual and pay less in purchase and maintenance.
I am assuming that slotting it in D was all it took for you too ?

- 11 lakhs is a very good price, discounts ?
Plus you'll also get 2.5 for your Eon, as the cherry on top.
Very rare to have desirability, affordability and practicality converge into one car. Congratulations and keep us updated when you get the delivery.
Which colour though?
Go through our PDI checklist and if feasible do the PDI before transferring the amount.

Enjoy the wait
Yes! Until I got used to the automatic mode, it felt weird as the car seemed to be doing all the work while I was wondering what to do with my left foot

They gave me 2.7L for the Eon and a 10K exchange bonus so 2.8L in all. No thanks to my pitiful bargaining skills, I guess last week of Dec is the best time to book a car as they seemed quite motivated to close the deal.
s_mp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 09:03   #708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupi_BHP View Post
Although, I know the booking has been done. However, I felt that a Tiago-ev would have been a brilliant car as per your use case. But, it's just my personal opinion as I don't know about home charging feasibility and your inclination towards ev.
- I did not consider EV for this upgrade, maybe the next one once the infra is stronger. I wanted to consider their Altroz but I could not even get a call back which made the sad stories of their ASS sound true and after being spoiled by Hyundai I wasn't sure I wanted to deal with that
s_mp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 11:49   #709
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations and a very Happy New Year indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mp View Post
not sure if it will dull with time.
I don't think so, Bangalore has good climate except the dust. But if you feel its getting dull take it to good detailer like 3M(check for other good ones near you on the forum) 4-5 years down the line and it will feel afresh.
Concerns about interiors getting soiled can be handled by a foam cleaner like this one from 3M, there are many more at way lower costs but I haven't tried them but shouldn't be very different. Check the forum as and when needed.
Don't forget the Jopasu Car duster, which will be very useful IMO.

Have fun

Last edited by shancz : 2nd January 2024 at 11:53. Reason: added Jopasu link
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 12:13   #710

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnidumolu View Post
I would recommend him MS Ritz or Toyota Liva. Both are practical and easy to maintain.
I agree. Ritz is very handy in traffic aka city driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks