Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2015, 23:07   #196

Re: The B2-segment Hatchbacks Comparison Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Ciaz is left out for its size. Infact, sedans are not being considered due to the conditions in which the car will be driven. The roads are extremely narrow and are inexistent at few places. Thanks anyways!
My dad used a Hyundai Accent from 2006-2012, in this time period he logged 1.75L kms, after which the engine developed serious trouble and required a major overhaul costing quite a bit of money. This has left a bad impression of hyundai on me even though their cars are good looking and have decent interiors.

Also, the Ecosport is the safer of the two thanks to its sturdy build and well more reliable in my opinion.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd May 2015 at 23:12. Reason: Formatted Text
pranad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 07:38   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hatchback or Crossover ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post

My pre-requisites are:[list]

I have shortlisted two options:
  1. Ford ecosport
  2. Hyundai Elite i20/ i20 Active

My dilemma is whether I should go for a crossover like ecosport or a hatch suffices my need? Will the GC of hatch handle the broken roads without scraping?
Experts please advice and suggest any other options too that I should consider.

Regards,
Shreyak
I think most of the current cars have enough ground clearance to handle the usual broken roads and humps. In any case, both the cars listed have decent ground clearance and satisfy must of your other needs. Both are actually beefed up hatches. So My personal preference would be the i20 active. Also I don't think you will get the top versions of the ecosport within 10l.

You can also consider the compact sedans. Zest, amaze and the upcoming ford aspire.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 12:21   #198
D4D
BHPian

Safe choice is the i20/ i20 Active.
Reason:
  • Good small car, and has a very premium feel to it
  • Great highway cruiser: Has a great diesel and a 6 speed MT
  • Should be easy to maintain
  • i20 Active has the ground clearance you'll need
  • Most spacious hatchback(which is affordable by masses) in the country now

According to me, it's very close between i20 and ecosport.
D4D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 10:58   #199
BHPian

Hi guys,

Couple of my friends are planning to go for a premium B segment hatch and the new 2015 Honda Jazz is a strong contender in their list. With more localized parts, frugal diesel engine and most practical interior layout, the Jazz will definitely be in the top three for any one looking for a premium hatch now. And of course the pricing which I believe will be on par with i20 since Honda must have learnt from Mobilio pricing.

Summing up various reviews across the web on the 2015 Jazz,

+Best in class cabin space and comfort. Longer than old Jazz by 55mm
+Retains flexible seats/magic seats feature
+6.2 inch touch screen with navigation, bluetooth and rear camera
+Large boot, 354L
+Frugal 6 speed diesel engine, 27.3kmpl. Petrol manual is 18.7kmpl and CVT is 19kmpl.
+Smooth petrol engine with strong mid range. Paddle shift CVT option

-No keyless entry and rear AC
-Noisy diesel engine
-CVT had rubber band effect when driven hard. Best to be driven sedately.
-Petrol engine has average low and high end performance.
-Not a drivers car

I will wait for teambhp official review for the final verdict on the above points though. I personally don't like the looks of the new Jazz especially the x-mas tree tail lamp and boring roundish overall exterior design. Overall a very good car though.

2015 Jazz vs Elite i20 comparison review from the web - http://www.autox.in/car-comparisons/...20-comparison/
Old 14th June 2015, 11:05   #200
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
I will wait for teambhp official review for the final verdict on the above points though. I personally don't like the looks of the new Jazz especially the x-mas tree tail lamp and boring roundish overall exterior design. Overall a very good car though.
If you are looking between the Jazz and I20 and the need is a diesel, then in my opinion:

- Hyundai diesel is way more refined.
- But Jazz has better space on offer
- I20 "may" end up feeling more premium, but I guess its the first two points that I stated, should define your primary need constraints.

Last edited by ampere : 14th June 2015 at 11:07.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 11:31   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you are looking between the Jazz and I20 and the need is a diesel, then in my opinion:

- Hyundai diesel is way more refined.
- But Jazz has better space on offer
- I20 "may" end up feeling more premium, but I guess its the first two points that I stated, should define your primary need constraints.
Thanks for the quick reply ampere. The i20 dash definitely looks more premium. I have not driven the i20 petrol. How is the kappa engine when compared to the i-vtec?
Old 14th June 2015, 11:38   #202
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
Thanks for the quick reply ampere. The i20 dash definitely looks more premium. I have not driven the i20 petrol. How is the kappa engine when compared to the i-vtec?
From 1.2 vs 1.2 petrol point of view, I think i-vtech is more a free revving engine. While based on what I read on the forum, the Hyundai has the best refinement in class. If you were to make a choice between the two on the base of petrol, I think both are equally good not to be rejected. So its the other aspects like space, service etc which should lead you to a decision. With petrol, if space is the constraint, Jazz hands down. If not then its a tougher call. For AT, again its the Jazz. The elite-I20 does not have an AT box.

If diesel is the requirement, the benchmark to me is I20. But then with the space and practicality, Jazz does offer quite some options.

Last edited by ampere : 14th June 2015 at 11:39.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 00:20   #203

Guys, I am looking for a new hatchback. My budget is 6 lacs OTR. I don't want to stretch it as there are some personal expenses lined up in the next year or so. Actually, I wanted to hold off on the purchase till then, however, my existing WagonR is showing its age and is frequenting the workshop far too often for my liking.
Usage- Mostly in city. Occasional long drives. The front 2 seats are going to be used mostly. Back seats will be used once a week.
~800 to 1000 km per month.
Priorities-
Good driveability in city ( light clutch, smooth steering, etc.)
Good ride comfort (should be able to handle potholes with ease)
Decent fuel efficiency.
Plan to use the car for at least 5-6 years.
I have shortlisted the following since they all fall around my budget:
1. Maruti Swift VXi ( ticks all the boxes and makes practical sense)
2. Maruti Ritz ZXi ( Zxi is well equipped. However, worried about its slightly heavy clutch and poor resale value)
3. Grand i10 Sports ( Not only ticks all the boxes, but has additional features as well. However, feel that overall mileage is going to be 1-2km/l less than the swift)

Existing owners of these 3 models - could you please provide your suggestion.

Thanks.
Old 29th July 2015, 23:39   #204
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Buying a New Car vs Used Car

Hello,

I am planning to purchase my first car since I started earning recently. I am a big time Maruti fan so I guess I am going to stick to the same stable unless there is a big difference.

Requirements:
Daily Usage of about 15 kms a day within city and a rare weekend trip
Planning to retain for anything between 2-3 years
Definite need of Airbag (ABS optional)
Hatchback only
Budget of 5 lacs (New) or 3.5 (used)

New Car Options: Alto Vxi (O) or Celerio Zxi
Used Car options: A-Star, Swift, Ritz

I am unable to locate the top end models of any of the above mentioned cars in Gurgaon and when I did find, they were ridiculously priced.
Any suggestions? More importantly, any leads to used cars being sold in Delhi NCR?

PS: If this is the wrong thread to post this, please accept my apology for I could not find a better thread to post this.

Regards
deathucider
Old 30th July 2015, 11:26   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deblovestodrive View Post

I have shortlisted the following since they all fall around my budget:
1. Maruti Swift VXi ( ticks all the boxes and makes practical sense)
2. Maruti Ritz ZXi ( Zxi is well equipped. However, worried about its slightly heavy clutch and poor resale value)
3. Grand i10 Sports ( Not only ticks all the boxes, but has additional features as well. However, feel that overall mileage is going to be 1-2km/l less than the swift)
Hey Deblovestodrive, I don't own any of the 3 hatches you have shortlisted but a close family member owns the Grand I10 and I would personally suggest the same. The reason:

- Hyundai feels a lot more premium and quite literally gives you the bang for your buck.

- Not that the Grand I10 is exclusive or illusive, its just that Swift has almost become as common as a Bajaj Pulsar on Indian roads. No offense to either of the owners, but its my personal view.

- At the same (or roundabout) cost of Swift VXi, Grand I10 gives you more space, bigger boot, arguably better performance, equally stonking if not better engine and almost on par After Sales.

- Lastly, Ritz feels way too boxy and old now considering the latest hatch backs available in India. So between Swift & Grand I10, I would choose the later every single time if it was for a petrol engine.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 30th July 2015 at 11:27.
Old 5th August 2015, 04:11   #206
BHPian

Re: Purchase of my First car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathucider View Post
Hello,
I am planning to purchase my first car since I started earning recently. I am a big time Maruti fan so I guess I am going to stick to the same stable unless there is a big difference.

Hi Deathucider,

You may get good examples of the cars mentioned by you well within your budget especially a good pre-worshipped model. Just look patiently for good deals around.

Also, if you don't mind looking at honda, I think Honda Brio may really be a good option for you as a first car.

I would have pointed you in the direction of Diesel hatches in the pre-owned market within your budget, but with your stated running & intention to stick to Maruti stable it wont make much sense to go for one. However, if you decide to try out your options, there are plenty of options in used from i20 to Swift, Punto, Figo. All of them pretty ok to live with.

As a side-note, I have a Polo diesel up on the classified section on the forum you may want to check out.

Last edited by ampere : 5th August 2015 at 08:05. Reason: Added quoted post.
Distant Second is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 18:46   #207
BHPian

Re: Purchase of my First car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distant Second View Post

You may get good examples of the cars mentioned by you well within your budget especially a good pre-worshipped model. Just look patiently for good deals around.
I have been keeping an eye out at True Value and Mahindra First Choice showrooms but deals were pretty exorbitant for my liking. I was getting a Celerio zxi (Dec 2013:Pilot Production Car) for 4.5 lacs with 1000km on the odo. It was used by the company itself but then a new one costs 5 lacs without any discounts whatsoever.
I don't have a known person selling his car, hence individual sales are out considering I would not be trusting someone unless he can be vouched for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distant Second View Post
Also, if you don't mind looking at honda, I think Honda Brio may really be a good option for you as a first car.

As a side-note, I have a Polo diesel up on the classified section on the forum you may want to check out.
I am not up for a Brio as of now. Would have loved a Polo GT if I got my hands on a good deal.
In case you know someone who is selling his car, please let me know. I will keep looking around as well.
Thanks!
Deathucider
Old 8th August 2015, 11:43   #208
BHPian

Need a new car - A diesel workhorse

Ever since I returned from US back in 2013 I have been driving DRACO (that's what I call my XUV) since then. And I was very happy with the cheetah, until I realized that my running has increased and the ODO has crossed 70K kms and it still has 3 months to go before DRACO completes 3 years with us.
I bought a used Octavia (diesel 2005) last year in March so that I could use it for local running and to be honest I always had a liking for it. But I sold it last month after the NGT ban thing going on and I guess that was a very practical and right decision I made because if the ban comes into action than I would have got peanuts for the price I paid to buy that car. But I was really lucky and got a Jackpot deal on my Octavia and I let it go. Though I’ll miss that diesel rocket and the great suspension it offered but got to move with time, so bid adieu German Legend.
Thirdly my running has increased a lot and is almost 80 kms a day (Gurgaon to Mayur Vihar and back) 4-5 days in a week, that’s my office run plus 35 kms 2-3 times in a week for my warehouse and almost one trip to my hometown (Moradabad-Gurgaon) 400 kms back and forth. Also I have meetings with my clients which are in Delhi-Noida-gurgaon, plus local running. Overall my total running is approx 1800-2000 kms a month. So I am looking for a diesel vehicle. I am putting my requirements below and need help deciding a new one.

> Your Budget: Rs.8 – 9 Lakh (On road)

> New or Used: New Car

> Your Location: Gurgaon

> Top Priorities: Atleast driver airbag, ABS, Comfort, Low Maintenance, Good design, Luggage space, Good GC, Features and FE.

> Monthly Running: Between 1,500 – 2,000 Kms

> Type of Fuel: Diesel

> For What Purpose: Regular Use, Highway trips etc

> Seating Capacity: Maximum 5 Adults mostly it will be 2-3 adults.

> Type of Segment: Hatchback/sedan

> Accessories: A decent audio system with a sub, alloys (if they don't come stock), 3D mats and leather seat covers (if they don't come stock).
Old 8th August 2015, 11:49   #209
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need a new car - A diesel workhorse

If the budget can be bumped up, there's nothing quite as practical and enjoyable as the zeta ddis200 S-Cross

The car can tackle bad roads, comes with cruise control, enough space for 5 adults, steering mounted controls, bluetooth telephony, solid build quality inside and out, 4 wheel disc brakes etc. The 1.3 would be just about adequate but a remap would make it a lot more fun
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 12:17   #210
BHPian

Re: Need a new car - A diesel workhorse

The requirement of a diesel workhorse which sits 5 comfortably, and has a good boot, which is low on maintenance, has decent power and good fuel economy, and has ABS and Airbags, which costs up to 9 lac on road, brings me to the - Etios

If you're comfortable with bland interiors and a speedometer in the middle, I'd suggest the Etios without much thinking. Airbags are standard on all variants, while the ABS is provided in variants VD and above. The cost of maintenance in the ballpark of 6 years / 1 to 1.5 lac kilometers of running will turn out to be lower than its competitors.
Swapnil4585 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks