Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2015, 12:24   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need a new car - A diesel workhorse

If you are looking at half-arsed sedans in the C1 segment, The new Ford Figo Aspire makes a very compelling case it is certainly the most complete of the lot in that it doesn't lack features or build quality even though it competes in a segment dominated by cut-price offerings
Old 8th August 2015, 12:30   #212
BHPian

I would suggest looking at Swift Zdi or Honda Amaze diesel. Stick to cars with low service costs.

S- cross will be cool as its new kid on the block.
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 12:40   #213
BHPian

Go for the Honda Jazz. It will give you good luggage space and seating space for 5. Is not as utilitarian as the Amaze and not small enough to be easy to drive in the city. The SV and V cost between 8 and 9 lakh on road Delhi (gurgaon should be cheaper) or if you want the AVN and might seats increase your budget and get the VX. The car is new has a novelty factor going for it. As for the FE the jazz is above the competition. Other than the sightly high nvh there are no major issues with the car.
If you are looking for a diesel auto than the Zest Amt can also be looked into. Other than being a Tata there is little wrong with the car. Hope this helps.
ToyotaFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 13:50   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
If the budget can be bumped up, there's nothing quite as practical and enjoyable as the zeta ddis200 S-Cross

The car can tackle bad roads, comes with cruise control, enough space for 5 adults, steering mounted controls, bluetooth telephony, solid build quality inside and out, 4 wheel disc brakes etc. The 1.3 would be just about adequate but a remap would make it a lot more fun
I will try not to go over my budget until and unless it's really required. And S-Cross won't fit in my budget as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
The requirement of a diesel workhorse which sits 5 comfortably, and has a good boot, which is low on maintenance, has decent power and good fuel economy, and has ABS and Airbags, which costs up to 9 lac on road, brings me to the - Etios

If you're comfortable with bland interiors and a speedometer in the middle, I'd suggest the Etios without much thinking. Airbags are standard on all variants, while the ABS is provided in variants VD and above. The cost of maintenance in the ballpark of 6 years / 1 to 1.5 lac kilometers of running will turn out to be lower than its competitors.
+1 to that. Etios is definitely a nice package but the interiors don't appeal me at all. Can't live with that for next 4-5 years. Though with smile package the maintenance will be too low as well but interiors are a big no no from my side hence not considering Etios and Liva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
If you are looking at half-arsed sedans in the C1 segment, The new Ford Figo Aspire makes a very compelling case it is certainly the most complete of the lot in that it doesn't lack features or build quality even though it competes in a segment dominated by cut-price offerings
Yes I can give Figo Aspire a try but prices are not clear for the Figo Aspire as of now. I have some free time today will go and have a look at the Display car if the dealer has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Go for the Honda Jazz. It will give you good luggage space and seating space for 5. Is not as utilitarian as the Amaze and not small enough to be easy to drive in the city. The SV and V cost between 8 and 9 lakh on road Delhi (gurgaon should be cheaper) or if you want the AVN and might seats increase your budget and get the VX. The car is new has a novelty factor going for it. As for the FE the jazz is above the competition. Other than the sightly high nvh there are no major issues with the car.
I went to Honda few days back and TDed the MT and AT Jazz (Petrol). Since one of my cousin is looking for a new car as well. MT was a big let down due to the lag but the AT was fun as compared to MT. Didn't get a chance to drive diesel as the TD car was not available at that time. I'll go again and have a TD of diesel Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
If you are looking for a diesel auto than the Zest Amt can also be looked into. Other than being a Tata there is little wrong with the car. Hope this helps.
Not to hurt feelings of fellow members but I don't want to spend 9 Lac on TATA after hearing the horror stories of ASS. (That's entirely my personal opinion).
Old 8th August 2015, 14:39   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
I bought a used Octavia (diesel 2005) ... I’ll miss that diesel rocket and the great suspension it offered.
Then you need to consider something from a similar stable with some semblance of similar performance.

I would say either Polo GT TDI
or
Elite i20 Asta Diesel.

Even though there's an Elite Asta Diesel in our house, I would prefer GT TDI if space on the backseat is not a big priority. It will give you an experience closer to Octavia. In case of Elite i20, you may like to wait a bit for the Asta(O) with touchscreen infotainment and navigation system. Both Polo and i20 will be approximately 9 to 9.5 L OTR. Add another 50 k for the accessories you mentioned. So you'll be stretching your budget by 1L. A point to consider might be that Polo has turning radius of 5m while it is 5.2m for Elite i20. To put it in perspective, the latest generation Octavia has turning radius of 5.2m.

Another suggestion that I would make for such high running per month would be to swap the rubber from the showroom to something comfortable like Michelin Primacy 3ST. Makes a world of difference.

Last edited by sidhu_hs : 8th August 2015 at 14:45.
sidhu_hs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 15:04   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhu_hs View Post
Then you need to consider something from a similar stable with some semblance of similar performance.

I would say either Polo GT TDI
or
Elite i20 Asta Diesel.

Even though there's an Elite Asta Diesel in our house, I would prefer GT TDI if space on the backseat is not a big priority. It will give you an experience closer to Octavia. In case of Elite i20, you may like to wait a bit for the Asta(O) with touchscreen infotainment and navigation system. Both Polo and i20 will be approximately 9 to 9.5 L OTR. Add another 50 k for the accessories you mentioned. So you'll be stretching your budget by 1L. A point to consider might be that Polo has turning radius of 5m while it is 5.2m for Elite i20. To put it in perspective, the latest generation Octavia has turning radius of 5.2m.

Another suggestion that I would make for such high running per month would be to swap the rubber from the showroom to something comfortable like Michelin Primacy 3ST. Makes a world of difference.
I am considering both the Polo TDi and Elite i20 as of now. If I choose the elite i20 than I might go for the Sportz model as it will save me some money for the accessories planned and I will be in my budget as well.
Old 8th August 2015, 18:18   #217
BHPian

The diesel Jazz, ticks most of your criteria boxes. It is got space, fuel efficiency and compactness going for it. It is after all a Honda and being new will turn heads for quite some time as well.

The service should keep you satisfied and I think the resale experience will leave you smiling, a few years from now.
Old 8th August 2015, 20:30   #218
BHPian

I would suggest you to take the Swift and the Dzire into account. Both top models come with a peppy engine, Airbags, ABS, good ground clearance.
And coming gratis from Maruti is the amazing ASS, one of the lowest running costs and an assured good resale value.
The Swift does not have a good enough luggage space. The Dzire is better but ain't the best either. But I guess they do tick the other boxes.
deathucider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 23:14   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumarsarat View Post
The diesel Jazz, ticks most of your criteria boxes. It is got space, fuel efficiency and compactness going for it. It is after all a Honda and being new will turn heads for quite some time as well.

The service should keep you satisfied and I think the resale experience will leave you smiling, a few years from now.
I liked the interiors and the overall design of Jazz when I took the TD of AT petrol. But somehow If felt the steering was too light and pretty noticeable lag. I need to TD the diesel version, let's see if I can get my hands on diesel Jazz tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathucider View Post
I would suggest you to take the Swift and the Dzire into account. Both top models come with a peppy engine, Airbags, ABS, good ground clearance.
And coming gratis from Maruti is the amazing ASS, one of the lowest running costs and an assured good resale value.
The Swift does not have a good enough luggage space. The Dzire is better but ain't the best either. But I guess they do tick the other boxes.
I will be going to TD the swift and dzrie tomorrow morning. But I don't like the facelifted Dzire where they have smoked the headlamps. It used to look better before.
Old 8th August 2015, 23:17   #220
BHPian

Right now the Toyota Liva with the 6.99 % finance offer from Toyota Finance looks very attractive.
drsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 10:34   #221
Senior - BHPian

The fiat Punto/ Linea would be great if you're looking for a work horse. If mileage is a chief concern, consider the Celerio.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 10:47   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Right now the Toyota Liva with the 6.99 % finance offer from Toyota Finance looks very attractive.
That's true buddy but can't live with the interiors of Liva. If it was the exterior design that I didn't liked I could have thought about it but it is the interior which will be in front of me all the time. So big NO to Etios and Liva.
Old 9th August 2015, 10:51   #223
Team-BHP Support

Won't the Ciaz fit in your budget? I'm sure the diesel will be sub 9 lakhs in Gurgaon. All your requirements are checked with the Ciaz.

It's a very practical sedan which you cannot go wrong with.
Old 9th August 2015, 10:52   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
The fiat Punto/ Linea would be great if you're looking for a work horse. If mileage is a chief concern, consider the Celerio.
I like the new Punto, one of my cousin has just bought it but the only thing that worries me about Punto and Linea is the ASS and the resale value.
Old 9th August 2015, 11:02   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
I like the new Punto, one of my cousin has just bought it but the only thing that worries me about Punto and Linea is the ASS and the resale value.
I echo your feelings but for me it's a very close call between the Polo TDi and the Punto Evo. VW has a better ASS coverage when compared to Fiat. But both cars are very good. Resale of VW is better that that of Fiat.
rpunwani is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks