Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2015, 02:07   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
The difference between sportz and Asta is almost 65-70K buddy. If the difference was about 15-20K I would have definitely gone for Asta.
Still, considering a bank loan of 5 years , each EMI would be just about 1000 odd more. One would get an extra airbag which can't be added on if needed at a later stage. Of course I don't know if you're single or a family man . It is something like an insurance policy which we pay for but pray we never need use. All the best with your new car!
Old 10th September 2015, 08:15   #257
BHPian

Re: The B2-segment Hatchbacks Comparison Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Still, considering a bank loan of 5 years , each EMI would be just about 1000 odd more. One would get an extra airbag which can't be added on if needed at a later stage. Of course I don't know if you're single or a family man . It is something like an insurance policy which we pay for but pray we never need use. All the best with your new car!
You are right buddy but the thing here is that I already have XUV for my highway and family trips and i'll be using this car mostly in city or for my business trips during which i'll be driving it just by myself.
Secondly the EMI that i'll be paying for this car will be coming out from one of my investment that I have made. So I get the interest each month from that investment which in-turn will take care of my EMI. Finance is another thing which plays a major role buddy while buying a car. So gotta keep that in mind as well.
Old 10th September 2015, 22:39   #258
BHPian

Hey Guys.

I have a couple of queries.
I am planning to buy a car soon. I have finalized upon either the Ritz or the Celerio. Both top end variants. The reason for selecting the Ritz is the inclusion of a bigger engine, EBD while the Celerio has more goodies.
The price difference won't be much(about 10-20k), since the Ritz runs on much higher discounts.

So my query is should I wait for Diwali time? Is there a chance that the discounts will go any higher? Since these models aren't going to be replaced anytime soon.
Secondly is it worth waiting for the YRA aka Baleno? I am willing to stretch if it proves its worth.
Old 12th September 2015, 13:53   #259
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathucider View Post
Hey Guys.

So my query is should I wait for Diwali time? Is there a chance that the discounts will go any higher? Since these models aren't going to be replaced anytime soon.
Secondly is it worth waiting for the YRA aka Baleno? I am willing to stretch if it proves its worth.
Ritz might be discontinued soon enough and is quite a boring car. Better wait for the baleno. That is 2 segments higher. NEXA.
Old 15th September 2015, 21:29   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys.

I have a couple of queries.
I am planning to buy a car soon. I have finalized upon either the Ritz or the Celerio. Both top end variants. The reason for selecting the Ritz is the inclusion of a bigger engine, EBD while the Celerio has more goodies.
The price difference won't be much(about 10-20k), since the Ritz runs on much higher discounts.

Buy a Celerio ZXi AMT if the car is mainly for city use. Automatic will be a boon.
blue_pulsar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 23:39   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys.

You have a new Figo coming in next week. Going by your post I think you can give it a try. The pictures are already out and we get a tried and tested diesel engine underneath if that is your choice. The interior quality and safety standards are same as aspire which are no-nonsense and right on the mark.
All the best for what you choose.
Drive safe.
chintu_91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 12:58   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Buy a Celerio ZXi AMT if the car is mainly for city use. Automatic will be a boon.
I would have gone for the AMT if I was choosing it for my mom. I, on the other hand, am a little more enthusiastic driver. I prefer the stick.
And since my daily driving is no more than 15 kms, an AMT is not really called for.

But I would appreciate if you have any opinion between the Ritz, Celerio or the YRA aka Baleno.
Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu_91 View Post
You have a new Figo coming in next week. Going by your post I think you can give it a try. The pictures are already out and we get a tried and tested diesel engine underneath if that is your choice. The interior quality and safety standards are same as aspire which are no-nonsense and right on the mark.
I would have considered the Figo seriously, but I am a Maruti fanboy. No particular reason to stick to them, but I just trust them blindly. My family has a Maruti ever since I have existed :P

OT if I ever consider something apart from the Maruti stable, I would pick the Polo GT hands down. I simply love that car. Sadly it is way out of my budget.

Last edited by ampere : 17th September 2015 at 22:27. Reason: Back to back post merged
Old 17th September 2015, 16:50   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have finalized upon either the Ritz or the Celerio. Both top end variants. The reason for selecting the Ritz is the inclusion of a bigger engine, EBD while the Celerio has more goodies.

The Ritz has been officially discontinued by Maruti-Suzuki from July 2015 onwards. - LINK

If you want to stick to Maruti, better wait for the Baleno. It looks like a promising product and should be a better bet than the Celerio any day.
Old 17th September 2015, 20:44   #264
Senior - BHPian

The price difference will be huge if we consider Celerio and Baleno. Next best thing close to Celerio is Swift.
Old 18th September 2015, 10:06   #265
Team-BHP Support

Re: India-made Hyundai Grand i10 fails Latin NCAP crash test

After reading through this thread, I am in a dilemma!!

About 4 months back, I started looking for a 2nd car mainly for my wife (the primary car is a Jetta). I started with a budget of 5 lacs, and two important requirements were automatic transmission and safety. Test drove the Tata Nano AMT, Alto K10 AMT, Celerio AMT, Grand i10 Automatic, Brio Automatic and Nissan Micra CVT. In the first round, dropped Tata Nano, Alto K10 and Celerio AMT as none of them had any safety features. Among the Grand i10, Brio and Micra, Grand i10 did not have any safety features in the automatic model and had to be dropped. Betwen Brio and Micra, Micra looked like the best option. However, for the very low running expected from the car, 8 lac OTR looked unjustified and I just postponed the decision by a few weeks.

By this time, the Maruti SA called me and said that Celerio AMT is now available in the Zxi variant. But this still did not have ABS and only driver side airbag. As there was no other option, I went ahead and booked one. As Zxi variant is in very low demand, I have been waiting for the past 7 weeks with no definite delivery date commitment.

This thread has brought doubts on the decision.

I consider safety as a primary requirement in a car. Seeing how structurally poor the Maruti models sold in India are, I doubt if the driver side airbag in the Celerio Zxi can be called as a safety addition. This brings me back to Micra. However, as there are some other threads about Nissan dealerships closing, Nissan cutting down production etc, I am hesitant to go with Micra. Also, no idea how the Micra's structural strength is. Now the only option is to go another step high and look for Jazz and Polo GT TSi. Except for the DQ200 gearbox issues with the Polo GT TSi, the car has a good structural strength (in the NCAP tests of the Polo without airbags, the structure remained good), has two airbags and ABS and also other safety features like hill hold and ESP etc. I also saw the NCAP test of Indian Polo with airbags where it scored 4. The only issue is, for the low running of the car is it justified to spend 10Lacs.

This is not even a head vs. heart problem. It is a head vs. head issue.

One side of the head tells me: for in city use, it is ok not to have ABS and passenger airbag. So go ahead with the Celerio.

The other side tells me: on rare occasions, there may be a requirement for the car to be used in the highways. Though the car may be limited to city driving today, two years down the line, the requirements may evolve and the car may be put to longer rides. Considering these situations, Celerio does not look as a good choice.

Now I am confused and am having sleepless nights. Need inputs from fellow TBHPians to bail me out of this situation. What would you do in this situation? Would you go with Celerio, or upgrade to Polo? Please let me know your thoughts.

MODS, not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question. Please merge with appropriate thread.

Last edited by graaja : 18th September 2015 at 10:15.
Old 18th September 2015, 10:42   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Now I am confused and am having sleepless nights. Need inputs from fellow TBHPians to bail me out of this situation. What would you do in this situation? Would you go with Celerio, or upgrade to Polo? Please let me know your thoughts.
In my opinion, you can opt for the 3 cyl. Polo which lies within your budget bracket, is safe and since you are already a VW customer, you are in the best position to judge the after sales you have been getting. The bottom line is that if you want a safe car in that budget then probably you have just 2 choices - Polo or the Figo. You can choose the version (petrol/diesel/variants) based on your needs. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 10:48   #267
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
In my opinion, you can opt for the 3 cyl. Polo which lies within your budget bracket, is safe and since you are already a VW customer, you are in the best position to judge the after sales you have been getting. The bottom line is that if you want a safe car in that budget then probably you have just 2 choices - Polo or the Figo. You can choose the version (petrol/diesel/variants) based on your needs. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Saket
Thanks Saket. I believe the 3 pot Polo or the Figo do not come with an automatic transmission which is a primary requirement. That is why Polo GT TSi is the only option. And the after sales experience with the dealer has been good so far (including an insurance claim for a minor accident on the Jetta).

One other option is the Jazz CVT. But when I visited Honda showroom, they were totally not interested in selling a Jazz. The SA there was trying to convince me to buy a Brio or a Amaze. He was not even willing to talk about the Jazz, and I walked out.

Last edited by graaja : 18th September 2015 at 10:50.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 21:11   #268
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
While I would concede that city driving is generally safer and slower than highway driving, the fact remains that most cities have roads where one can travel at 60 to 80 km per hour. It can be even faster if one jumps on some highway from time to time. Keep in mind that the crash test referred to in this thread was conducted at 64 kmph. If you are certain that the car will never cross say 50 kmph inside the city then your logic is correct. For me ABS and airbags are almost like brakes. They are a standard requirement in most advanced nations and I refuse to value my life lower just because I am driving in India. In fact with our lack of traffic discipline, we have a much greater need for safer vehicles.

One option you could consider is a gently used vehicle. Currently you can get a 2010 Civic or Jetta for around 3-4 lakhs with low mileage. These cars are much better built and have 2 or 6 airbags along with ABS. In addition the overall driving experience would be greatly enhanced.
Thanks for the advice. I realize even for city drive it is not good to compromise on safety. As I already have a Jetta, I am looking for a hatchback. So, right now, Polo seems to be the only good choice. Hope to make the final decision in the next couple of days.

Once again, thanks for the advice.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 00:30   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I realize even for city drive it is not good to compromise on safety. As I already have a Jetta, I am looking for a hatchback. So, right now, Polo seems to be the only good choice. Hope to make the final decision in the next couple of days.

If sources are to be believed then Figo would have AT option with 1.5L Petrol engine just like aspire. And I believe it won't be priced like Polo GT Tsi if it makes it to the market. And since the aspire official review is also out, you can see if it fits your bill.
Do update us on your decision.
chintu_91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 06:44   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Based on your experience and requirements the gt tsi would be the ideal choice. The jetta diesel dsg and the petrol polo tsi dsg. Would make an excellent garage.

Having said that. 2 points.

The new figo is launching on 23rd. Rumors indicate the 1.5 AT will be available. Looking at the Aspire pricing, the figo AT has to be somewhere in the 7-7.25LL ex showroom range. So definitely worth waiting for that.

Secondly, since you are in the premium hatch territory why not the compact sedans which are similar in size - Aspire, xcent and zest? The below thread which I compiled on AT's under 10L has details on the compact sedans also.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ive-guide.html

From a size perspective they are same as the premium hatches, but offer find additional flexibility with respect to space.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks