Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2016, 07:35   #346
BHPian

Re: The B2-segment Hatchbacks Comparison Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Ok. So here is the update.
I visited the Ford showroom sometime before the fateful 8th of November.
Same situation here, sold my Palio s10 with great difficulty and left without a car. Baleno's insane delivery period is leaving no choice.

Have you checked out the zest, the top variant of petrol will cost close to 7 Lakhs after discounts.

However, I will take a call after checking out the Ignis.

Last edited by ampere : 1st January 2017 at 09:30. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 27th December 2016, 12:49   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Same situation here, sold my Palio s10 with great difficulty and left without a car.
I am currently evaluating i20 Elite. I suggest you give it a thought. Take a test drive. I found it fulfills most of my criteria, although it costs a little over my budget, but found it worth.

Last edited by ampere : 1st January 2017 at 09:31. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 27th December 2016, 14:58   #348
BHPian

Quote:
I am currently evaluating i20 Elite. I suggest you give it a thought. Take a test drive. I found it fulfills most of my criteria, although it costs a little over my budget, but found it worth.

You mean the petrol variant ? One of my colleagues has the previous version and I found it severely under powered.

But let me take a test drive and see.
Old 27th December 2016, 20:17   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So as crazy as it may look, the list at present is as follows
And the confusion ends. The final choice was i20 Elite.

Booked i20 Elite Asta 1.2 VTVT in Polar white.

Old 27th December 2016, 21:30   #350
BHPian

Quote:
And the confusion ends. The final choice was i20 Elite.

Finally mate ! What's the final pricing coming to ?

Old 13th January 2017, 18:55   #351
BHPian

Ignis Petrol Alpha or something more VFM

Now that the pricing of the most anticipated Maruti Ignis is out, just like most members here, I feel the pricing is a little over the roof and am honestly a little disappointed.

Considering the OTR price (Bangalore) of the Top-Spec Petrol Alpha model will touch 8.2-8.4L (which includes) a customised Black Roof, Black Mirrors, leather wrapped steering wheel (this is an extra) and a tyre upgrade (and additional 12k), does it really make sense for such a small car ?

What are my other options in the same price bracket ? I wouldn't want to spend a penny more than 8.5L for the petrol or maybe 9L tops for a Diesel.

I don't mind buying a well maintained used car as well as long as it doesn't cross 7.5L.

My requirements? A decent car which can handle the highways well. It should seat two people 99% of the time.

I have been putting off my car purchase for a long time now and I am desperate and sick of playing the Heart vs Mind game.

Oh, and did I mention ? My Ignis booking is #22 in the showroom and I do not have much time to decide.

Please help me decide.
Coplay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 19:12   #352
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ignis Petrol Alpha or something more VFM

If you clock less miles and need a petrol car, the Baleno makes most sense. The only issue I find is that the build quality feels a tad flimsy and ofcourse the long waiting period is another pain but some owners have got their cars delivered earlier than expected.

If you do lot of highway runs then you should consider the Figo Diesel. The 1.5 diesel engine is a gem of a motor. The interior, though looks simple, is quite spacious and functional. The running costs are also on the lower side I am told. At the price, it is a total VFM package. The unfortunate part is that the car is not able to find buyers. The Figo, specially in its diesel avatar, deserves to sell more !
//M is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 19:44   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
If you clock less miles and need a petrol car, the Baleno makes most sense. The only issue I find is that the build quality feels a tad flimsy and ofcourse the long waiting period is another pain but some owners have got their cars delivered earlier than expected.
I love the Baleno. But they said 28 weeks waiting period. Who waits so long. I need a car in the next 45 days max. I have waited too long in life.

Quote:
If you do lot of highway runs then you should consider the Figo Diesel. The 1.5 diesel engine is a gem of a motor. The interior, though looks simple, is quite spacious and functional. The running costs are also on the lower side I am told. At the price, it is a total VFM package. The unfortunate part is that the car is not able to find buyers. The Figo, specially in its diesel avatar, deserves to sell more !
Having driven my FIL's 2010 Diesel Figo extensively, I must say I love it.
And the new one is a better package.
This was my option #2.

I even considered the Ecosport 1.0L Ecoboost but it has a 2 month waiting period and considering the recent blunder Ford committed by removing a lot of features, I feel it's not attractive anymore for 10.4L (Trend+ model)

Last edited by Coplay : 13th January 2017 at 19:45. Reason: Typo
Coplay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 19:48   #354
BHPian

I think you should look at Figo, which is a very good car and a segment above the Ignis. Given its dismal sales you should get good discounts and may be you will be surprised to compare the discounted OTR of Figo with that of the Ignis.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 19:53   #355
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 16th January 2017 at 10:27.
rohiT Nonu is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th January 2017, 20:07   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I think you should look at Figo, which is a very good car and a segment above the Ignis. Given its dismal sales you should get good discounts and may be you will be surprised to compare the discounted OTR of Figo with that of the Ignis.
KK
Thanks, I am going there tomorrow to enquire on prices for a Black Figo after stopping by the NEXA showroom.
Old 13th January 2017, 20:09   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coplay View Post
I wouldn't want to spend a penny more than ... maybe 9L tops for a Diesel. A decent car which can handle the highways well. It should seat two people 99% of the time.
Top-end Figo diesel - good on highways (scorching, in fact), comfortable for 2 passengers, comfortable suspension for long highway trips (i.e. not too soft), full fledged safety kit.

Only drawback might be the bland interiors and lack of gadgetry (no touchscreen HU, no in-built navigation, parking sensors, etc.).

Quote:
If its a Ford, I can forgive them for not having the Gadgetry because they make excellent drivers cars.
Good you see the car for its strengths, and not its lack of gadgets

Last edited by arunphilip : 13th January 2017 at 20:15.
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 20:12   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Top-end Figo diesel - good on highways (scorching, in fact), comfortable for 2 passengers, comfortable suspension for long highway trips (i.e. not too soft), full fledged safety kit.

Only drawback might be the bland interiors and lack of gadgetry (no touchscreen HU, no in-built navigation, parking sensors, etc.).
Thanks Arun,
If its a Ford, I can forgive them for not having the Gadgetry because they make excellent drivers cars.
Coplay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 23:02   #359
BHPian

Figo os a very good car, extremely fun to drive, well built, and as per recent reports, Ford servicing has also improved. But, in my opinion, I would not recommend you to go for it. The reason being, its a car that will encourage you to upgrade to another car in a rather short time. Depending on the time period, you intend on owning a car, your utilisation of the car may change, and you should see how well the car can adapt towards it. For similar reasons, I would not recommend Ignis or a Polo.

My suggestion is slightly different from the ones suggested above (which are all very good, and Baleno does look good for that price).

In your position, I would be giving a strong look at two cars below.

i20 Sportz Petrol
i20 is a very accomplished car, maintaining high quality standards. The Sportz feature has all the features that you want, and i20 looks extremely cool with the black roof. Check below image from the customisation done on sourav9385 i20 (thread)

The B2-segment Hatchbacks Comparison Thread!-fullsizerender1.jpg

S-Cross Sigma

Yes, this will cross your budget, and this variants does lack some features, but being someone interested in customising, I tend to look at it as a cleaner canvas. Has all the safety features, very spacious, great for both city and highway runs, and most of the features that are not their can be added. Customise the roof, add some alloys and leather seats, and put in a nice stereo, and voila, you have got yourself an excellent car. You may get some deals on this too. It will be a step by step process, which is fun in its own sense.
autorahul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 23:57   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I love the Baleno. But they said 28 weeks waiting period. Who waits so long. I need a car in the next 45 days max.
Ask for a swap ! There will be enough people waiting to pick up the Ignis.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks