Team-BHP - New Wagon R DUO or Swift??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   New Wagon R DUO or Swift?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/15692-new-wagon-r-duo-swift.html)

Heei BHPians,

I am planning to change my 2003 zen LXi...

I was thinkin about the swift. I like hte look and the performace. Also i've heard pretty gud comments about it till now. But only concern was MILEAGE in bangalore city.

In the meanwhile when i was making myself ready to buy a swift i heard maruti launched wagon R DUO with new style. Also it has capability for LPG and pertrol.

The new style and the LPG capability holded me opting for swift.

Now you all have to help me to come out of this dilemma.

Ofcourse the Swift has much better looks than the new Wagon R. But still when it comes to the bangalore city driving we are forced to think about hte mileage for surely.

These are the thinkgs i wanna know
1) mileage on LPG?
2) Performance of Wagon R and performance on LPG
3) How are the Swift interiors? ( i heard it gives complaints after sometimes)
4) mileage of swift in bangalore condition

Any other choice of cars guys? .. i wanna stick to maruti because of hte trust and service/....... let me know

THAANKS...

My Swift VXI gives 12+ as FE when driven in Bangalore with 10% AC usage, On highways it gave between 15 to 18 as FE depending on usage of AC, Road condition, plain road or ghat section with lot of curves...

Swift is overall good but it has black dull interior unless you put some wood finish stickers and If you put soem nice and decent stickers outside and fit Alloys it looks amazing.. you get bigger car ( sedan ) feeling if you drive Swift since its width is same as new honda city.

Coming to bad things performance is not good in bangalore city driving conditons where there is traffic congestion or few parts of bangalore like nagarbhavi etc. areas where you find up and downs and lot of curves and narrow roads, You must come to first gear in sush cases and shifting to first gear is not an easy when vehicle sucks to pull. Its slightly better than Santro in terms of bumpy ride, but I feel its better than honda city in suspension.

Hope these points help. If you wanna a buy used swift I saw couple of people selling 2005 model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~
Heei BHPians,

Now you all have to help me to come out of this dilemma.

These are the thinkgs i wanna know
1) mileage on LPG?
2) Performance of Wagon R and performance on LPG
3) How are the Swift interiors? ( i heard it gives complaints after sometimes)
4) mileage of swift in bangalore condition

THAANKS...

Mileage is no problem for swift, I am in bangalore and getting 14KMPL (without AC) , so consider 11-12 with FULL AC.
Interiors of swift is infact better if compared to its compitition. Surely it can not beat WAGON-R LPG in mileage but otherwise its better car.

I suggest wagonR as well. Interiors are more airy than Swift, new steering wheel has better feedback and nicely weighed, and some good features have been added. Besides, the car looks better (IMO) than before. Ofcourse, performance can not be as good as Swift, but within city driving should be adequate. Mileage, ofcourse better than Swift.

Swift. Its a car thats a segment higher. If FE is the only criteria, then not.

LPG is a better option for Bangalore-any part. since it's company make u should not have any problems in insurance coverage, servicing etc. Looks wise Duo is better than the earlier versions.
Don't compare both the cars performancewise.

In Chennai they dont have a demo vehicle to testdrive. It seems there are lots of bookings even without a test drive. I was told that waiting period would be somewhere between 6-8 weeks :Shockked: .

Please check with your local dealer on this.

Also it seems the back seating issue has been fixed (instead of two seat markings, they had made a full one)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravibhat
with 10% AC usage

Did u missed out a digit?

buy a swift, put an after market lpg kit ..............enjoy the performance,Mileage,looks....................:):)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
I suggest wagonR as well. Interiors are more airy than Swift, new steering wheel has better feedback and nicely weighed, and some good features have been added......performance can not be as good as Swift, but within city driving should be adequate. Mileage, ofcourse better than Swift.

agree: Swift feels claustrophobic at the rear due to the tiny window area. WagonR on the other hand is very airy/roomy. I found the Plastics on WagonR of better quality, While the i've seen dozens of swifts with rattling interiors and gappy door panels. If u do wanna go in for Swift then i'd suggest u look at the GETZ too. Otherwise i think WagonR is purrfecto

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedofreak
buy a swift, put an after market lpg kit ..............enjoy the performance,Mileage,looks....................:):)

This is a pretty gud idea .. that even i thot of .. but doesnt hte performance go down if i put LPG in swift??...

wat will be the resale value ooor servicing if i put a kit ...!!..

now even if i decide for a LPG in swift ... wich is da best one? .. Do you guys suggest any perticular factory fittings?

THANK YOU ALL GUYS, YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND COMMENTS HAVE BEEN A VERY GUD HELP FOR ME TO CHOOSE MY NEW CAR...!!

ANYONE HAS IDEA ABOUT HTE NEW AVEO HATCHBACK?.. PRICED NEAR TO SWIFT I BELIEVE.. ANY OTHER IDEA ON IT?? I HAVE SEEN THIS AVEO WHILE IN US.. LOOKS ALMOST SIMILAR TO A GETZ.......

COMENTS??

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~
This is a pretty gud idea .. that even i thot of .. but doesnt hte performance go down if i put LPG in swift??...

wat will be the resale value ooor servicing if i put a kit ...!!..

now even if i decide for a LPG in swift ... wich is da best one? .. Do you guys suggest any perticular factory fittings?

THANK YOU ALL GUYS, YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND COMMENTS HAVE BEEN A VERY GUD HELP FOR ME TO CHOOSE MY NEW CAR...!!

ANYONE HAS IDEA ABOUT HTE NEW AVEO HATCHBACK?.. PRICED NEAR TO SWIFT I BELIEVE.. ANY OTHER IDEA ON IT?? I HAVE SEEN THIS AVEO WHILE IN US.. LOOKS ALMOST SIMILAR TO A GETZ.......

COMENTS??

Yes, performance will go down. But with LPG-kit its not much. Resale won't be affected much. Lovato kit is the best, I guess! I don't think there is any LPG option in Swift from Maruti today?

SR-V is just launched, thus GM might take a while to launch U-VA! Yes, it must be in same range of Swift-Getz. Chevy India's site has a little information about the same.