View Poll Results: Your recommendation?
Celerio 63 39.13%
WagonR 98 60.87%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2014, 21:50   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti: WagonR or Celerio?

I believe the official discounts on the Ritz petrol should be around the 50k mark. Max we may be able to add another 10k in the form of corp discounts and accessories. Don't see discounts hitting the 75k mark now, though it could be possible in December.
Old 10th November 2014, 21:54   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
75K? Are you sure ? I am also looking to replace my Elantra CRDi with WagonR or Ritz. If maruti is offering that much of a discount , then i will surely go for Ritz instead of WagonR.
May be wait for Dec 2014 discounts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I believe the official discounts on the Ritz petrol should be around the 50k mark. Max we may be able to add another 10k in the form of corp discounts and accessories. Don't see discounts hitting the 75k mark now, though it could be possible in December.

Yes its 40K discount and 35K exchange.

How much is the corporate bonus expected ? I heard its 2-3K max.

For your reference : http://www.mycarmaruti.com/marutisuzuki_ritz.htm

I think Maruti is seriously upgrading Ritz soon. BTW this discount I have been seeing since October. One of the Maruti sales person today told me that even the Ritz VXI is made to order and has some waiting. Not sure.

Guys please keep me posted in case you visit a showroom.
Old 10th November 2014, 21:58   #63
BHPian

My car insurance is expiring in Nov last week. So need to take a decision else will have to shell 3K extra for renewing insurance of my existing car. I am not going to transfer the NCB to the new car as it will be on spouse's name. So is there any way I can defer the insurance or maybe buy a cheaper 3rd party insurance ?
Old 10th November 2014, 22:07   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMKIM View Post
Yes its 40K discount and 35K exchange.

How much is the corporate bonus expected ? I heard its 2-3K max.

For your reference : http://www.mycarmaruti.com/marutisuzuki_ritz.htm

I think Maruti is seriously upgrading Ritz soon. BTW this discount I have been seeing since October. One of the Maruti sales person today told me that even the Ritz VXI is made to order and has some waiting. Not sure.

Guys please keep me posted in case you visit a showroom.
I guess it varies from city to city and is also dependent on which models have more stock at a particular location. I have been following Chennai prices since June and the max discount we have seen here is 50k excluding corporate discount, which again varies depending on the firm you work for.

Quote:
My car insurance is expiring in Nov last week. So need to take a decision else will have to shell 3K extra for renewing insurance of my existing car. I am not going to transfer the NCB to the new car as it will be on spouse's name. So is there any way I can defer the insurance or maybe buy a cheaper 3rd party insurance ?
No way you can defer insurance, except maybe keep the vehicle in your garage - even then the vehicle is not covered once the insurance cover is expired . Better to at least get 3rd party cover for peace of mind.
Old 10th November 2014, 22:10   #65
BHPian

Yeah thats true.

Even WagonR discounts are different : In Chennai I see 50K while in Pune its 62K.
Old 12th November 2014, 10:33   #66
BHPian

WagonR is always better than Celerio.It is good for aged people to enter and exit. Road view is much better than not only Celerio but also to many other cars. Only con is that it is not very good looking and very stable in high speed driving. But this also can be sorted out by putting a spoiler. Low end torque is not at all good in Wagon R. IMO, please think about VXI(ABS) version. It will take care of safety side to some extent because it has only driver side airbag and ABS which is going to be mandatory very soon.

Moreover, Maruti will not discontinue Wagon R in recent future, the reason is, it is still third ranking in October 2014 sale position. It is one of the bread earners for MSIL. Wagon R will not get the fate of Zen Estilo, A-Star etc.

Regards.

Last edited by tasuray : 12th November 2014 at 10:39.
Old 12th November 2014, 18:50   #67
BHPian

Looks like Ritz will win this race

The VXi one does not come with Audio, Rear wiper, defogger and keyless entry so need to install them.

Any idea which HU and Speakers sound good -- I think Pioneer and JBL speakers ?

Saw the Sony (with Bluetooth) Single DIN @ 6990/- and their 6" speakers 1990/- for one pair. Not sure but if Sony is worth !

The Ritz is priced at 5,40 L .
Discounts - 40K

My old Waggie is giving me about 85K (negotiations on)
Exchange bonus : 35K

So in total without accessories it would be : 3,80 L
Accessories would be about 25K
Old 13th November 2014, 11:57   #68
BHPian

Go for the Ritz I am a Ritz owner and am pretty happy with the product...

I agree that Wagon R ticks all the right boxes, but the 3 cylinder 1000cc engine does feel short of breath at times. Also, as a tall boy, the Ritz is much more well behaved (bodyroll etc) than the Waggy. The bigger tyres and the crouching posture gives it a more planted ride. You get all the benefits of the Wagon R (space, comfort in seating for those with longer legs, carry 5 passengers if needed or haul some bulky stuff while home shifting etc) in the Ritz which you perhaps would not in the Celerio.

You will get lower kmpl, but with your kind of usage, I think it will not matter much.
amitayu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 12:53   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitayu View Post
Go for the Ritz I am a Ritz owner and am pretty happy with the product...

I agree that Wagon R ticks all the right boxes, but the 3 cylinder 1000cc engine does feel short of breath at times. Also, as a tall boy, the Ritz is much more well behaved (bodyroll etc) than the Waggy. The bigger tyres and the crouching posture gives it a more planted ride. You get all the benefits of the Wagon R (space, comfort in seating for those with longer legs, carry 5 passengers if needed or haul some bulky stuff while home shifting etc) in the Ritz which you perhaps would not in the Celerio.

You will get lower kmpl, but with your kind of usage, I think it will not matter much.
No offence,but the comparison was between Celerio and Wagon R.
I also owned Ritz and its a good product.
Celerio is also a nice product but Wagon R is VFM. With ABS option Wagon R is the right car. But to my dismay,wherever I asked ,the higher end was not in stock.Just imagine,in all dealerships in Bangalore, even one Wagon R with ABS is not there. This shows maruti's attitude towards security..
If the Wagon R can have a little more wider tire ,I think ,we can overcome the stability issue .
Old 13th November 2014, 19:58   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are not planning to keep the NCB, it might make sense to renew the policy and transfer it to the new buyer along with NCB. Check if your insurance company would allow that and if they do, negotiate that in the price of the car since NCB is bonus to the buyer for the next few years.

I think some insurance companies allow transferring of NCB in case of owner change if the previous owner provides a "No Objection" letter. When the company lease on my car was over and I got it registered under my name, Bajaj Allianz allowed transferring the NCB to my name after I got a letter from my HR department mentioning they have no objection in transferring the insurance NCB to my name.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 10:19   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like Ritz will win this race

The VXi one does not come with Audio, Rear wiper, defogger and keyless entry so need to install them.

Any idea which HU and Speakers sound good -- I think Pioneer and JBL speakers ?

Saw the Sony (with Bluetooth) Single DIN @ 6990/- and their 6" speakers 1990/- for one pair. Not sure but if Sony is worth !

The Ritz is priced at 5,40 L .
Discounts - 40K

My old Waggie is giving me about 85K (negotiations on)
Exchange bonus : 35K

So in total without accessories it would be : 3,80 L
Accessories would be about 25K
Hi SimKim
why don't you go for another car maker as Hyundai or Volkswagen.? as you have already used a maruti, you can try a difference this time. this is just a suggestion. We had all the maruti cars only in our family, starting from Maruti 800, then WagonR, Swift ZXI, SX4 ZXI and a Ritz Vdi. Trust me, i know how comfortable it feels to own a maruti. But then these other car makers are also into the same category now, as long as the service and maintenance is concerned. So i would suggest that this time you should go for a different car maker. I am sure you will get all these offers from them also.

Keep Revvin'

Regards
Old 14th November 2014, 13:23   #72
BHPian

@allien936 :

I had visited Hyundai for i10 and Grand i10.

I liked i10 more but not better than WagonR. It is better in terms of handling but tiny tyres and other issues are still there. Even the discounts are 30K against WagonR's 60K+. It costs more and gives less mileage. And the Hyundai guys are not giving better value for my old WagonR. In total when I compared the i10 is about 70K more the new WagonR, almost same difference between WagonR and Ritz.
Old 19th November 2014, 13:34   #73
BHPian

Hi All,

Looks like it will be Ritz Zxi ... Had a query about the waiting period and date of manufacture.

Ritz Zxi has about 1 month waiting period since its made to order now. So if I order now I may get it by Dec 20th. Is it worth taking it this month and should I order it next month last week so that the Manufacturing date and Registration dates are in 2015.

May get the Zxi in 4.5L (after exchanging my WagonR).
Old 19th November 2014, 16:20   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Looks like it will be Ritz Zxi ... Had a query about the waiting period and date of manufacture.

Ritz Zxi has about 1 month waiting period since its made to order now. So if I order now I may get it by Dec 20th. Is it worth taking it this month and should I order it next month last week so that the Manufacturing date and Registration dates are in 2015.

May get the Zxi in 4.5L (after exchanging my WagonR).
The Ritz certainly a much better car than the WagonR or Celerio. Surely go for it. However, just booking it at December end may not assure you a January manufactured car. You'll probably still get a 2014 made car. Its not as simple as "made to order" I think. They'll simply "dispatch to order" from limited stocks at MSIL I feel.

Are you getting any year end discount on the Ritz? If yes - that will obviously be only on cars manufactured in 2014. Not on January 2015 made cars. Regardless of when you book.
Old 30th November 2014, 13:30   #75
BHPian

Hey finally got a Ritz Zxi , KE manufacturing - Oct 2014

Got it for around 4.55L after exchanging it for my old WagonR.

For a 20-30 KM run got a mileage of 18.1-18.5 Km/L.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks