View Poll Results: Your recommendation?
Celerio 63 39.13%
WagonR 98 60.87%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2016, 18:32   #106
BHPian

Hello pankajn1702,

Wagonr is a proven car and you can already see that in your society complex. I would say that it's not about the model, it's about how well maintained you keep it, and this is how your car stands amongst the other cars.

If you are tight on budget, go for wagonr. In celerio, most of the features are reserved for the top end.

Best Regards,
Anant Gupta
baby_antu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 19:05   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti: WagonR or Celerio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajn1702 View Post
Considering my usage (occasional highway runs) please clear my confusion.
How many people will travel in the car? That's vital for the answer (atleast for me)

I like the WagonR better than the Celerio. It's more spacious due to the boxy design.

The Celerio is the more modern car, it's got more bells and whistles and naturally is more expensive.

The other option: Look for a 2010-12 pre owned diesel i20. I think that's a far better option if you're opened to buying pre-owned. You could also consider a pre-owned Figo diesel if you're willing.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 27th March 2016 at 19:07.
Old 30th March 2016, 19:12   #108
BHPian

I suggest you to look at the new tiago. Dealer told me that top end petrol will cost around 5.3l otr. So the mid variant diesel will come to around 5.5l. From what I saw the tiago looks much better compared to wagon r and celerio
Old 30th June 2016, 20:17   #109
BHPian

Guys, super confused!!
Need some inputs.

Will be buying the second car to replace aging 10yr old swift. Wife will be primary driver for nearby errands, and would be going for AMT only.

Celerio VXI AMT
Or
Wagon R VXI AMT

Or if both dont go well, ill head out to k10 AMT !
Old 30th June 2016, 20:42   #110
Senior - BHPian

Maruti: WagonR or Celerio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Celerio VXI AMT
Or
Wagon R VXI AMT

Out of the two, go for celerio amt option model. It has dual airbags and abs.
Old 30th June 2016, 20:49   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, super confused!!
Need some inputs.

Will be buying the second car to replace aging 10yr old swift. Wife will be primary driver for nearby errands, and would be going for AMT only.

Celerio VXI AMT
Or
Wagon R VXI AMT

You get more features and a nice visual package with the WagonR Vxi since the Celerio VXi lacks many features as well as body coloured exterior parts, fog lamps, heck not even an audio system. So, the WagonR will make a better choice.

But if you can stretch your budget, then the Celerio Zxi will be a better choice. My preference will be
Celerio Zxi > WagonR Vxi > Celerio VXi
Old 1st July 2016, 08:40   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
You get more features and a nice visual package with the WagonR Vxi since the Celerio VXi lacks many features as well as body coloured exterior parts, fog lamps, heck not even an audio system. So, the WagonR will make a better choice.

But if you can stretch your budget, then the Celerio Zxi will be a better choice. My preference will be
Celerio Zxi > WagonR Vxi > Celerio VXi

Cant stretch my budget !
I was earlier going in for just K10 AMT, but the lack of space inside it

I have been driving hatchback/sedans before - Swift,SX4, and now Ciaz - someone said that taking a turn at even 50 would scare you in Wagon R. Are the dynamics so bad ? For sedate driving style, where the speed would not increase above 60/70 max - would this car suffice ?
And hows the real world mileage? ARAI is 20 I think.
Old 1st July 2016, 08:52   #113
BANNED

Quote:
For sedate driving style, where the speed would not increase above 60/70 max - would this car suffice ?
Not that bad where it would topple. For a sedate style it is an excellent vehicle. A complete family car m made for pottering around the city. FE in the real world can be between 16 to 18 kmpl.

If you confused between Celerio and WagonR, I'll recommend WagonR as it is the bang for the buck as Centro VXi is useless in terms of features. You can check my Alto K10 AMT review where I had written about Celerio VXi AMT.
Old 1st July 2016, 09:39   #114
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, super confused!!
Need some inputs.

Celerio VXI AMT
Or
Wagon R VXI AMT

I think WagonR VXi AMT is a good choice
OR
VXi AMT(O) will be better as it has dual airbags - if your budget allows and you're ready for a wait time of say 1-2 months.

When we were scouting for the second car (for use by wifey primarily), we'd decided on the Alto K10 after TD's of other cars including the Celerio. And then...got the WagonR - detailed in the ownership thread here (Our 2016 Glistening Grey Maruti WagonR VXi - Waggy® meets Dizzy®)
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 10:01   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

IMO, the Celerio doesn't deserve the premium it demands (no offense to anyone). For a pure city run-about car, WagonR is near perfect. Compact dimensions, high seating and good all round visibility are boon. It very spacious but a strict 4 seater.

Coming to demerits, the lack of low end torque and poor handling/body roll. The former is addressed by the AMT while the latter is less in the Celerio (but not absent). I drive a WagonR as my primary ride and have often taken it on long drives (500-1000 kms per day). As long as you know the limits of the car, you won't be disappointed.
Old 1st July 2016, 14:59   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
IMO, the Celerio doesn't deserve the premium it demands (no offense to anyone). For a pure city run-about car, WagonR is near perfect. Compact dimensions, high seating and good all round visibility are boon. It very spacious but a strict 4 seater.

Coming to demerits, the lack of low end torque and poor handling/body roll. The former is addressed by the AMT while the latter is less in the Celerio (but not absent). I drive a WagonR as my primary ride and have often taken it on long drives (500-1000 kms per day). As long as you know the limits of the car, you won't be disappointed.
What premium does the Celerio demand? Celerio Zxi - AMT and WagonR Vxi - AMT costs the same, a mere 300 rupee difference or so. Just that the discounts currently make the WagonR cheaper than the Celerio. Having owned a WagonR, I would still prefer the Celerios handling and kit. I dont find the WagonR bad, but the Celerio is better.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 15:15   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
What premium does the Celerio demand? Celerio Zxi - AMT and WagonR Vxi - AMT costs the same, a mere 300 rupee difference or so. Just that the discounts currently make the WagonR cheaper than the Celerio. Having owned a WagonR, I would still prefer the Celerios handling and kit. I dont find the WagonR bad, but the Celerio is better.
Without any discounts I see that, at the current ex-showroom prices in Hyderabad, the WagonR VXI AMT is about 2k INR more expensive than a Celerio VXI AMT. But as you described earlier, the WR is better loaded with features. To get these features, one has to get the Celerio ZXI AMT, which is about 30k INR more expensive than the WR.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 22:08   #118

Thank you for all who helped me to make a choice between WaganR/Celerio. I finally bough Celerio Zxi AT. Though AT was not in my list, coincidentally WaganR guy came with an AT variant for test drive and after driving it, my wife (this one was for her) liked the laziness of automatic and decided to go for AT.
Then we test drove Celerio and drive quality is almost the same, but Zxi of Celerio comes with driver Airbag and integrated music system with Bluetooth, so decided to go with that.
We bought it in March and so far the experience is good. Took it for couple of long drives too. Over taking in highways is abit bad since AT takes its own sweet time to drop the gear and pull up the vehicle. But in busy Bangalore streets this one is a breeze.

Anyone looking for vehicles in this segment I would suggest to go with Zxi variant which comes with Airbag. You can also go for optional pack which has ABS as well.

Happy and safe motoring.
shavian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 00:16   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavian View Post
Anyone looking for vehicles in this segment I would suggest to go with Zxi variant which comes with Airbag. You can also go for optional pack which has ABS as well.
Happy and safe motoring.
How is the ride going so far? Could you share what type of mileage you are seeing in Bangalore City driving conditions?
Old 14th March 2017, 23:24   #120
BHPian

Both cars equally good but WagonR has more headroom and looks bigger than Celerio. Celerio is also selling like hot cakes and AMT doesn't matter that much to you, I would suggest you to go for the WagonR. I have personally driven it a lot along with the Santro Xing. Liked Santro more than WagonR if you want to know. Hyundai is also coming back with Santro so maybe that is something you would like to consider before making your purchase.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th March 2017 at 07:20. Reason: Typos corrected. Celario ->Celerio

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks