WagonR 98 60.87%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2015, 22:35   #91
BHPian

Re: Maruti: WagonR or Celerio?

Thank you for all the inputs.

I have booked a Honda Brio S M/T in silver

Had almost finalised on WagonR but the discounts on the Brio made it hard to resist!

Ownership review coming soon!
Aaron:) is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 10:08   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
Had almost finalised on WagonR but the discounts on the Brio made it hard to resist!
Can you pl. share some details on the discounts offered? Day before when we visited the Honda showroom with my friend, they said, honda never gives discount in any of the showrooms, you can check it if you want.
Old 29th April 2015, 00:00   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
Thank you for all the inputs.

I have booked a Honda Brio S M/T in silver

Ownership review coming soon!
Congratulations on your decision. As many others on the forum have pointed out, Brio is a driver's car and I expect you will enjoy driving the same.

And do not forget to carry out the pre-dispatch inspection of the car, before registration, as per T-bhp check list.

Wish you the best.
Old 29th April 2015, 07:46   #94
BHPian

Congratulations on the Brio. I happened to visit the Maruti Showroom and ASC yesterday. Had a look at the Celerio and the Ritz, planning an upgrade. Now, owning an AltoK10 and a WagonR, I found Celerio to be pretty spacious, but looking at the responses here, I've started doubting my observations.
I found Celerio to have more leg room at the rear. The rear seat on the Ritz and the WagonR are set up higher than in the Celerio (Obviously due to the tallboy stance).
Now, which is a better car to upgrade from an AltoK10. Reason for an upgrade is, lack of leg room and luggage space.
Old 29th April 2015, 09:14   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru_DTSi View Post
Now, which is a better car to upgrade from an AltoK10. Reason for an upgrade is, lack of leg room and luggage space.
You can upgrade to a Swift or Ritz. Ritz has good leg room and luggage space. I would have recommended the Wagon R but there is a dearth of luggage space compared to the Ritz.
Old 29th April 2015, 09:36   #96
BHPian

Take a good look at the Ritz. Its a very under-rated car. Drove a friend's car for few months, and I was quite impressed. Very big, spacious front seats, good front view and impressive fuel economy.
Old 29th April 2015, 11:14   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the Brio. I happened to visit the Maruti Showroom and ASC yesterday. Had a look at the Celerio and the Ritz, planning an upgrade. Now, owning an AltoK10 and a WagonR, I found Celerio to be pretty spacious, but looking at the responses here, I've started doubting my observations.
I found Celerio to have more leg room at the rear. The rear seat on the Ritz and the WagonR are set up higher than in the Celerio (Obviously due to the tallboy stance).
Ritz is really a good car but it is perceived to be nearing the end of its life cycle. So, I would suggest you to consider the aspects of service / spares / re-sale.

Celerio is spacious but compared to Wagon R, you will find the interiors little cheap. Leg space and boot space is good in Celerio.

Grand i10 will offer you a fresh new product, adequate space as well as premium interiors. And Hyundai is not that costly to maintain.
Old 30th April 2015, 23:14   #98
BHPian

Hi,

I'd say go for wagon-r VXI. Its the best and practical car from maruti. It has been in market since 1999. This one fact is enough to put your blind faith in wagon-r vxi.

When I first chose wagon-r I too had same dilemma but now I recommend it to every one who asks me.

You get a very good F.E and lots of space. You can add a standard spoiler + door visors + low profile tires with alloys and the car will look very stylish.

And finally the USB slot is meant for pen drives in wagon-r. You can buy an Aux cable (150 INR) to connect your mobile for playing music.
Old 4th May 2015, 13:57   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Ritz is really a good car but it is perceived to be nearing the end of its life cycle.
===============
Grand i10 will offer you a fresh new product, adequate space as well as premium interiors. And Hyundai is not that costly to maintain.
Thanks for the replies. Is the performance-mileage combo as good as the Maruti in the Grand i10 ?
Old 4th May 2015, 17:32   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. Is the performance-mileage combo as good as the Maruti in the Grand i10 ?
Yes.

To judge the performace, look at power/weight ratio and torque/weight ratio:

i20 has power of 81 BHP / ton and torque of 113 Nm / ton. I have driven this car amply and found good performance for pick-up and overtaking.

Grand i10 has power of 88 BHP / ton and torque of 122 Nm / ton. Better than i20! And the review of Grand i10 from GTO confirms satisfactory low end torque.

Celerio has power of 83 BHP / ton and torque of 111 Nm / ton.

Ritz has power of 85 BHP / ton and torque of 112 Nm / ton.

Hence the perfomance shall be good. The same has been confirmed in the T-BHP official review.

I expect same or better fuel efficiency in Grand i10 compared to Celerio or Ritz. But it is better to refer to the owners who have checked on tank-full to tank-full basis and who are sedate drivers.
Old 5th May 2015, 11:07   #101
BHPian

@Rahul, so the choices should be Grand i10 > Ritz > Celerio > i20

Let me have a look at the Hyundai Showroom again.
Old 5th May 2015, 14:09   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Rahul, so the choices should be Grand i10 > Ritz > Celerio > i20

Let me have a look at the Hyundai Showroom again.
Please do not go just by the numbers/specs. Test drive the cars that you have shortlisted, weigh their pros and cons - as you find them, not from any other person's perspective, then make an informed decision. Consider all these Official/Unofficial reviews as a starting point.

One more tip: factor in the maintenance costs also. Ask the owners to ascertain how expensive/economical they are, in terms of labour, parts, consumables etc.
Old 22nd February 2016, 13:36   #103

Hi All, I am planning to upgrade from Alto Lx to an automatic variant which comes in 5.5 lac range. This is mainly for my wife and she covers daily close to 20 kms.
We test drove Celerio AMT and was pretty good. But the showroom did not had WAGAN R AMT, so we are waiting for a test drive of same.

I would like to know from the veterans using Celerio / wagan r AMT about their reviews. Both are priced so close, VXi AMT Wagan R comes fully loaded, whereas Celerio VXi AMT, comes with basic power steering and power windows. Not even music system. In addition exchange bonus on waganr is 25K whereas for Celerio it is 10K. So all the pull is towards waganr. But I feel celerio is abit more spacious if we have to fit in 5 people (which is very rare).
How is the ride quality of both these cars in bumpy roads.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 22nd February 2016, 14:54   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavian View Post
So all the pull is towards waganr. But I feel celerio is abit more spacious if we have to fit in 5 people (which is very rare).
How is the ride quality of both these cars in bumpy roads.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
As a WagonR(manual) owner, I will chip in with my feedback. The car is tall but narrow. Seating 3 people in the almost impossible. The car is a proper 4 seater. The ride quality is also bumpy though I can't compare it with Celerio on this front, since I haven't driven one. But the car is well-loaded and VFM for all the space and features it offers. I felt Celerio to be unnecessarily over-priced and Ritz was much better VFM. Sadly enough, Ritz is discontinued and it didn't have AMT either. Also worth mentioning, WagonR is one of the best city cars but highway is not its forte. And this comes from a owner who has taken the car on multiple ~1000 kms trips (covered in a single day). I will continue taking it on highway runs, but thought of sharing a perspective.

I would suggest, if you are okay with strict 4-seater car, go in for WR VXi(ABS). You will get a fully loaded city car with equal or lesser price.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 10:27   #105
BHPian

Time has come to upgrade from Nano 2011 ran 30k kms.

Usage: Daily run of about 50kms (weekdays only)
Occasional highway runs ranging from 150-400 kms
Options: Wagon R Lxi CNG / Celerio VXI CNG
Please do not suggest a petrol car as fuel cost would be unbearable.
Diesel cars are way over my budget, which is not exceeding 5.5L

I have test driven petrol versions of WagonR and Celerio one after the other. Mighty impressed with Celerio due to space and found it to be more peppier and refined than WagonR.

WagonR is way too common in my city. A classic example is my own society complex. About 80 cars in total, 32 are WagonR. I don't feel like being one amongst the crowd.
I do not like the boxy and old design of the WagonR.
Celerio feels refreshed. It's got MID and VXI trim gets me some additional bells and whistles over WagonR LXI for eg all four power windows.

Having driven a RWD and a tall boy, WagonR seems similar in the tall stance department. However it's not a deal maker.
Space wise Celerio beats WagonR.
Cost wise WagonR beats the Celerio. I do realise that Celerio is a little over priced.

OTR offered by dealers in my city
WagonR LXI CNG: 5L after discounts
Celerio VXI CNG: 5.7L no discounts
Nano fetches 60K including exchange bonus.

This poll indicates WagonR a better choice over Celerio.

Considering my usage (occasional highway runs) please clear my confusion.

PS. I have removed other manufacturers options so only MSIL CNG option as my second car please which will replace Nano Lx.

Last edited by pankajn1702 : 22nd March 2016 at 10:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks