Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is a better VFM?
Celerio VXI AMT (4.6 lacs Ex-Showroom) 10 29.41%
Alto K10 AMT (3.8 lacs Ex-Showroom) 24 70.59%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2014, 15:05   #16
BHPian

re: Maruti: Alto K10 AMT vs Celerio AMT

As everyone pointed out, if it's purely city use and mostly solo drives, go for the Alto K10 or else go for the Celerio as it's more spacious. But if it's purely for city use, why not wait for the Nano AMT? You might save another lac compared to the Alto K10 but still have the benefits of a spacious city ride!
freakmuzik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 09:37   #17
BHPian

re: Maruti: Alto K10 AMT vs Celerio AMT

It is more practical to opt for the Alto k10 AMT since the car will be mostly used for city drives. As for the Celerio AMT, at least I would not have spent extra bucks for the same engine and gearbox. If I were to consider Celerio AMT, I would have widened my search to Brio and i10. The k10 AMT IMO is a VFM package altogether. If you could wait for a few months, the discounts will start to pour in also.
CountMe91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 08:40   #18
BHPian

Re: Maruti: Alto K10 AMT vs Celerio AMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountMe91 View Post
It is more practical to opt for the Alto k10 AMT since the car will be mostly used for city drives. As for the Celerio AMT, at least I would not have spent extra bucks for the same engine and gearbox. If I were to consider Celerio AMT, I would have widened my search to Brio and i10. The k10 AMT IMO is a VFM package altogether. If you could wait for a few months, the discounts will start to pour in also.
Agree on Alto been the VFM package. But are you sure on the discount part?

I had been to Maruti showrooms to enquire prices and they seemed least bothered with sales. They give no extra accessories, no freebies... no discounts. They do not even follow up for the purchase like other brand showrooms

Models like ritz have discounts... but not hot sellers like Alto
Old 7th November 2014, 08:49   #19
BHPian

Just to give you an idea: Alto 800, the previous Alto k10, Wagon R, Ritz and even the pre-faclifted Swift was running discounts. Discount was less in case of Swift and Dzire. Just check on any of your nearby Maruti showroom to enquire about Sept/Oct offers and you can get a fair idea.

You can however negotiate on free basic kits, car cover and extended 3rd and 4th year warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katpasin View Post
Agree on Alto been the VFM package. But are you sure on the discount part?

I had been to Maruti showrooms to enquire prices and they seemed least bothered with sales. They give no extra accessories, no freebies... no discounts. They do not even follow up for the purchase like other brand showrooms

Models like ritz have discounts... but not hot sellers like Alto
Old 24th April 2015, 16:20   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

My colleague came over before lunchtime to ask whether Alto K10 AMT is a good purchase as a second car, to be driven mostly to run errands etc. I honestly didn't know this car existed and was pushing him towards Celerio AMT instead. Then I decided to do a search and sure enough- there was a thread just right for us! Spent some ten minutes poring over the opinions here and he has now gone off to book his Alto K10 AMT

I was actually amazed at the price differential. 80 grand more for the Celerio seems too much since it's the Alto K10 that has the reputation for being a pocket rocket! I am not a big fan of the Celerio's looks- think they are garish- and prefer the Alto's classic lines. You live and learn!
Old 24th April 2015, 17:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
My colleague came over before lunchtime to ask whether Alto K10 AMT is a good purchase as a second car, to be driven mostly to run errands etc. I honestly didn't know this car existed and was pushing him towards Celerio AMT instead.
Did you miss the Team-BHP official review?

IMO it is worth waiting for the GenX Nano which will come with an AMT. As a second city runabout, the Nano is a very capable contender.
Old 24th April 2015, 17:26   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I was actually amazed at the price differential. 80 grand more for the Celerio seems too much since it's the Alto K10 that has the reputation for being a pocket rocket! I am not a big fan of the Celerio's looks- think they are garish- and prefer the Alto's classic lines. You live and learn!
Surprised at the waiting periods this car is demanding of 3 months.

We are waiting for our turn in the queue.

This is the color that we are waiting for :

Maruti: Alto K10 AMT vs Celerio AMT-img_20150424552502.jpg

I too am just back from a long-ish TD.

Name:  ForumRunner_20150424_170822.png
Views: 10481
Size:  670.6 KB

Found the Alto to be better overall as a car than the Celerio. The AMT functioning and response is slightly better in the Alto than the Celerio.

Last edited by a4anurag : 24th April 2015 at 17:28.
Old 24th April 2015, 22:15   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Did you miss the Team-BHP official review?

IMO it is worth waiting for the GenX Nano which will come with an AMT. As a second city runabout, the Nano is a very capable contender.

I actually did miss it! Thanks- devoured all of it now

I suggested Nano but since it isn't yet launched and he has had good experience with Maruti service, figured may as well close on the Alto K10. Heard there is a Zxi planned as well, now THAT may be worth waiting for.
Old 28th April 2015, 18:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Celerio has better ingress and egress. Celerio has better fit and finish and is roomier. I am considering only these two points because we are considering 90% urban usage with atmost two passengers. If these two points aren't important, or may I say, you can live without it, Alto is a no brainer.
For everything else, I'll prefer Celerio.
Also, the one who are reporting that Alto has smoother shifts than celerio, can they point out odometer readings of celerio test drive vehicle. My guess is, the newer Celerios might be equally smooth, as it doesn't make sense that engineers at Maruti rectified the problem for Alto but didn't make changes for Celerio

Last edited by fz_rider : 28th April 2015 at 18:34.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 13:45   #25

I think Celerio is a Better choice compared to Alto K10 for 80k INR you get a roomier, stylish and a new model of a car when compared to the age old Alto, People suggesting a Nano AMT instead of an Alto or Celerio AMT will be shocked when they do a Test Drive of a NANO AMT, Very sluggish, Underpowered it just struggles on slightest of an Incline and dont even think about Reversing on an incline, No justice comparing a Nano to an Alto K10 which is much superior vehicle in terms of cubic capacity and after sales service, NANO AMT royally disappointed me. I think Celerio is a VFM proposition both Alto and Celerio sport similar engines and gear boxes, Celerio's gear box will be fine post the ECU update. Buy what you feel comfortable with. Happy Motoring
KarNut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 10:28   #26

Maruti Alto K10 or Celerio (MT)

Hi,
I am planning to buy my first car. Initially thought of going for B2 segment - Liva or Swift. But now due to budget constraint, I am planning to buy entry level hatch.

In many reviews, i found Alto K10 is not stable in highways over 80kmph. But celerio is better in this aspect. I am confused which one to choose?

My travelling profile will be :
  • City drive of 40KMs every day.
  • Planning for Highway drive once in 2 months ( May be 600KMs on average).
So total driving distance could be around 1000KMs. Need suggestion.
Old 29th June 2015, 12:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Alto K10 or Celerio (MT)

Hello guru0101

I would suggest going for the Celerio MT ZXi option pack with ABS and dual airbags. The Celerio is a much newer platform than the Alto K10 and is better in almost every possible way - be it dynamically or structurally. If you have to stretch your budget to go for the top-end variant with safety features, please do so as it is the best investment you can do while buying a car in which you will be taking your family along.

Hope this helps.
Viju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 13:02   #28
e2p
BHPian

I own a K10 AMT. I do not know about Celerio, but K10 is a no-no on highways for me.
e2p is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 13:35   #29
BHPian

I own a 2013 Alto K10 vxi and have done 19000 kms until now. I am quite happy with how it drives on the highways. From Bangalore, I have driven in it to Coorg, Ooty, Wayanad, Kasargod, Hubli and more. I have not faced any issues with acceleration, braking or top speed. However, the Alto K10 lacks safety features and I would recommend a car that has them.

Last edited by vinu_h : 29th June 2015 at 13:46. Reason: Added " Happy "
vinu_h is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 14:09   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Celerio any day, don't even think twice. Reason: I am cross posting my observations from official review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Although all of my observations have been mentioned in the review here, i'd like to emphasize on a few points-

If you have the budget don't think twice buy a Celerio/Wagon-R over it. The compromises here are too serious.

Firstly, the K series engine with poor quality mounts and close to zero insulation has high NVH and constant vibrations similar to Alto 800 have to be constantly tolerated. If you are not going to high revv this engine, buy the 800 instead, because it is only close to the top end the difference in smoothness and rev happiness is clearly evident.

You will not be able to enjoy the extra horsepower due to the nervous handling, even though the agile and flick-able handling is enjoyable to a certain extent but it does not warn you when approaching the limit, and that happens quite early. Straight line stability at speed is worst for any car i have driven, at speed slightest gentle input to the steering is good enough send shivers down to your spine. I feel in case of emergency evasive maneuvers this car is going to be uncontrollable even for experienced drivers. We tested it on other car (this time AMT), it was equally scary.

In pursuit to deliver tall FE figures, the weight had to kept low, and the only way to do that in this budget range is compromise in the structure. Not only panels feel paper thin, the joints and gaps just do not convey the confidence. Furthermore, it shares the chassis with the infamous Alto 800, which structure collapsed awfully in the recent crash tests.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I own a 2013 Alto K10 vxi and have done 19000 kms until now. I am quite happy with how it drives on the highways. From Bangalore, I have driven in it to Coorg, Ooty, Wayanad, Kasargod, Hubli and more. I have not faced any issues with acceleration, braking or top speed. However, the Alto K10 lacks safety features and I would recommend a car that has them.
The old Alto K10 was a lot more safer handling car than the new one, the new one has dangerous handling.

The most important safety aspect for any vehicle is the structure, no number of airbags can make up for a weak structure. There is no crash data related to new K10 available but the Alto 800 which has a stronger built failed miserably in the tests by EuroNCAP.

Last edited by .anshuman : 29th June 2015 at 14:14.
.anshuman is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks