Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

View Poll Results: Which is a better VFM?
Celerio VXI AMT (4.6 lacs Ex-Showroom) 10 29.41%
Alto K10 AMT (3.8 lacs Ex-Showroom) 24 70.59%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2015, 15:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Alto K10 or Celerio (MT)

Of the two, vote goes for Celerio.

However, any reasons for not considering other options:

1) Wagon R VXi ABS
2) Honda Brio
3) Grand i10 Era
4) Ritz Lxi/Vxi(might be a little stretch)
Old 29th June 2015, 15:50   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Of the two, vote goes for Celerio.

However, any reasons for not considering other options:

1) Wagon R VXi ABS
2) Honda Brio
3) Grand i10 Era
4) Ritz Lxi/Vxi(might be a little stretch)
Wagon is age old. The discounts that Maruti is offering hints that either it will be discontinued or facelift is on the way.

I feel Honda Brio is over priced. The airbag version is over 7L

Grand i10 is also over priced.

Ritz is also an age old model, started getting discounts. It may come with latest K Next engine in near future (same as new Swift). So decided to opt out of technology which will be discontinued.
guru0101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 17:10   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru0101 View Post
Hi,
I am planning to buy my first car. Initially thought of going for B2 segment - Liva or Swift. But now due to budget constraint, I am planning to buy entry level hatch.

In many reviews, i found Alto K10 is not stable in highways over 80kmph. But celerio is better in this aspect. I am confused which one to choose?

My travelling profile will be :
  • City drive of 40KMs every day.
  • Planning for Highway drive once in 2 months ( May be 600KMs on average).
So total driving distance could be around 1000KMs. Need suggestion.
Hi, I own Alto K10 VXi 2011 model. Till now I drove 26500 kms mostly in city. The car is good in terms of fuel economy (~15 kmpl with AC in city) and acceleration which helps a lot while driving in traffic. For me new Alto K10 model has similarities with old i10 and Alto 800. The built quality has been improved in new Alto K10 and the appearance is entirely changed . As per my own experience with old Alto K10 the car feels stable till 100 kmph speed if you exceed 100 kmph you will feel the steering lighter. But once you are habituated with this then there will be no issues at all. The car feels stable enough in 80 kmph speed. Recently I drove from Burdwan to Kolkata with family on AH1(90 kms distance approx),the top speed was 125 kmph and average speed was 100 kmph. The journey took nearly 1 hr including few short breaks. There are tricks for better driving experience with Alto K10 like using Dot 4 brake fluid instead of Dot 3 , it gives better braking response. Keeping the wheels in proper shape is one of the key factors beside regular maintenance. I still use stock MRF Zv2k tires which is made of hard compounds and it gives little bouncy feeling but anyways these are very subtle things.
Celerio is always a better option while comparing with Alto K10 due to more space and conveniences but once if you realize the punch of Alto K10 you will surely be in love with this small car.
DriveHigh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 17:40   #34
BHPian

The Celerio is wider and has more kerb weight than the Alto K10, making it more stable for highway runs. It also has more boot size, is most probably superior structurally and has better road presence. Wider tyres and alloys can make this car more appealing and upmarket than the Alto.

However the K10 is more fuel efficient and cheaper.

So if budget is not a major constraint, go with the Celerio with your eyes closed. It will reward you in the long run.
arunkumarsarat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 17:48   #35
BHPian

Why not rent a Celerio (same variant as you plan to buy, preferably) for a day or the weekend and check it out for yourself? You'll never be able to make a good decision based on a short test drive. I see that this will be your first car, but I hope you can drive reasonably well to check out both the cars. Some cars are confidence inspiring, the way they handle and especially brake.

In any case, my vote is for the Celerio.

P.S. I also look at it this way - if you can stretch your budget a bit by working with the financing to increase the period of the loan and get yourself the Swift/Liva, you'll be better off in the long run - remember you can never add-on the 'extra features' of the Swift/Liva by paying the difference later, but that's another story.

Last edited by mvadg : 29th June 2015 at 17:53.
mvadg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 17:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

It would be helpful if you stated your budget in figures.

Can I suggest the used car route? It'll be more VFM and you'll get more car for your money. The reason why I suggested a used car is due to the Alto/Celerio being very basic. They're very crude and have very less safety features, especially since you want to do highway trips.

You could search for a Japanese car like Swift, Etios, Liva, Corolla, Civic, City, Jazz depending on your requirements.

However if you're particular on a new car, Celerio is the better choice as it's a new car with an all-new platform. Request you to buy Zxi variant with dual airbags and ABS.
landcruiser123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 18:01   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wagon is age old. The discounts that Maruti is offering hints that either it will be discontinued or facelift is on the way.
The discount was there in 2006 when I bought mine. Its there even today.

Maruti will need a very strong reason to let go one of the most practical hatches that is still selling in good numbers despite its shape or ugly looks.

So, don't go by the discounts offered to write off a product.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 18:06   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Guru,
No way is Maruti going to discontinue one of their largest cash cows.
Wagon R consistently gets almost 14000 clicks month on month and year on year.

Infact, the likes of Indica+Beat+Go+even G i10= Wagon R
So, there is no way it will be discontinued.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 18:40   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Ritz is also an age old model, started getting discounts. It may come with latest K Next engine in near future (same as new Swift). So decided to opt out of technology which will be discontinued.
Ritz got a facelift some time back and AFAIK it has the same K series VVT petrol/ DDiS diesel engine as in the new Swift. This way you can call the Swift also an age old model as it also follows a similar design to the original Swift. If you are getting good discounts on the Ritz, you can keep it in consideration too as it may lend a much better ownership experience than the Alto/Celerio.
iron.head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 18:59   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
@Guru,
No way is Maruti going to discontinue one of their largest cash cows.
Wagon R consistently gets almost 14000 clicks month on month and year on year.

Infact, the likes of Indica+Beat+Go+even G i10= Wagon R
So, there is no way it will be discontinued.
I guess may get an update to K Next engine.
Old 29th June 2015, 20:16   #41
BHPian

Choose Celerio (MT), and have no second thoughts. It is way better than the Alto K10. If budget is not an issue, bring home a Celerio.
Old 29th June 2015, 21:31   #42
BHPian

Maruti Ritz is going to discontinue from the year end, if you can wait till November you can also check out Renault Kwid.

Choose Celerio Auto if you want, Manual is not so smooth as Auto.
dsnaveen21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 09:59   #43
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

The Alto K10 and Celerio are good. I would say go for the K10 if it's purely for city driving, else the Celerio is a much better choice.
I'm in a similar situation trying to zero in on the car to replace wifey's Maruti 800 and so far we've liked the Alto K10 more than the others mostly because of wifey's comfort levels after test drives. Also, we'd like to keep our budget to around 5 Lakh rupees, so most other cars are not options.

So, we decided to wait till we can test drive the Kwid and then make the final decision.

Last edited by NPV : 30th June 2015 at 10:01.
Old 30th June 2015, 10:27   #44

Thanks All for valuable inputs. Booked the Celerio ZXI (MT) today
guru0101 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 10:44   #45
BHPian

My vote for celerio.

1) Better NVH levels
2) Ride quality
3) If your slightly well build, forgot Alto :-) My folks own one (2014 K10) and I have trouble just sitting in a comfortable driving position !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
Maruti Ritz is going to discontinue from the year end, if you can wait till November you can also check out Renault Kwid.

Choose Celerio Auto if you want, Manual is not so smooth as Auto.

Can you please share the source for this information?

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th June 2015 at 10:58. Reason: Please refer the note posted above.

Most Viewed