Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which Rs. 3 lakh hatchback would you choose?
Maruti Alto K10 117 44.32%
Hyundai Eon 57 21.59%
Datsun Go 12 4.55%
Maruti Alto 800 6 2.27%
Hyundai Santro 26 9.85%
Chevrolet Spark 15 5.68%
Tata Nano 31 11.74%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2015, 21:03   #61
BANNED

Re: Maruti Alto K10 vs other Rs. 3 lakh Hatchbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Story of our small car decision journey continues.

He graciously agreed to give his Celerio Vxi AMT for a few days while he is away at his hometown. Hope this results in a positive response from wifey. I drove the car to work yesterday (Whitefield) and quite impressed, quite a stress free drive in bumper to bumper/slow/stop and go traffic
That's great news.

What I feel is Maruti is not concentrating and wanting to push the AMT variants on both the Celerio and Alto K10 much as I see not advertisements for either of the cars and with over 2K kms in 3 months, my Dad, my wife and I are in love with the car when it must be taken through traffic-dense roads.

Although I am an MT lover but when it comes to bumper-2-bumper traffic this AMT takes the cake.

Hope you and your wife starts loving the car. All the best for the decision.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 10:49   #62
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Although I am an MT lover but when it comes to bumper-2-bumper traffic this AMT takes the cake.

Hope you and your wife starts loving the car. All the best for the decision.
The first 2 days with this car have been great for me, I've started loving the AMT on the city roads in dense traffic but can't say the same for wifey. Some sort of fear has crept in and she is scared to let go of the brake from initial start and keeps saying that she feels she is not in control of the car
Problem is we can't even find a largish open ground where we can give it a spin!
Still keeping my fingers crossed and looking at some more peaceful places/options for her to try the car.
Old 6th October 2015, 09:43   #63
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the Kwid, my initial impressions here

On the pricing front, the top end RxT(O) with driver-side airbag is about 11K rupees more than the top end Alto 800 Vxi(O) also with the driver-side airbag. Overall, definitely the Kwid RxT(O) seems a better package and worth that 11K extra. Pricing (Bangalore) details - here
Without a 1L engine variant in the Kwid, it would be unfair to compare with the Alto K10.

At this point, does seem like we will replace our M800 with the Alto K10
Old 29th February 2016, 11:03   #64
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Restarted our search for the M800 replacement, it was the Alto K10 we had in mind.
The dealership is saying it will entail a worst-case wait time of 4 months Apparently due to the recent stoppage of production (Haryana issue).
With the recent announcement of dual airbags and ABS in the Dzire, Wagon R, etc I was hoping it would be made available in the Alto K10 also but it is not the case. The (O) pack only has single driver-side airbag, so this is another reason for some confusion with the decision.

Current line of thought is to consider the Wagon R as well which in the Vxi(O) trim will also get dual airbags and ABS. Need to also see if it is worth the 1 Lakh rupees it costs more than the Alto K10 Vxi(O).
*Worst-case wait time for Wagon R also is 4 months now.

Suggestions welcome on the Alto K10 Vxi(O) vs Wagon R Vxi(O).
Old 7th May 2016, 23:14   #65

My vote will go for ALtoK10 if you can sit in it comfortably. Recently I ended up booking Swift Lxi optional but I might have gone for alto k10 for budget constraints. But in alto k10 my leg was hurting by the curved ac panel.

Alto 800 is a good city car within budget but somehow I didn't feel comfortable with the braking system. I found Hyundai Eon braking really good but in case of hyundai eon the driver's seat felt congested (width wise) - for a slim person it might be comfortable.
Old 22nd May 2016, 21:50   #66
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the Alto K10.

My Spark is now dated is by far the worst car I have owned. It is unreliable to the core with repair work done on everything except the engine and power steering among the major components of the car. The 2 Nanos in the family look and feel way older than they are. They age too fast.
The Eon in the family seems to have the best interiors but the gear lever vibration was too great (0.8L) and it does not give the confidence on the road that the Alto variants provide.

The Santro is too old now and I really have no experience on the Datsun.
Old 23rd May 2016, 00:02   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

Suggestions welcome on the Alto K10 Vxi(O) vs Wagon R Vxi(O).
Another option would be Celerio LXI(O) which will also have all the safety features and would be around 50k expensive than Alto K10, providing benefits of more space, more safety.
Old 23rd May 2016, 10:48   #68
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Another option would be Celerio LXI(O) which will also have all the safety features and would be around 50k expensive than Alto K10, providing benefits of more space, more safety.
Thanks, my post was from Feb 2016 and we've come a long way from then!

Wifey did not like the Celerio and our decision went in favour of the Wagon R, it came home in April - ownership thread is here (Our 2016 Glistening Grey Maruti WagonR VXi - Waggy® meets Dizzy®)

Last edited by NPV : 23rd May 2016 at 10:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks